• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**ROFR Thread 2015 July-December** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
One was a 200-pt contract at $92/PPT sent on 12/23/14 and ROFRed on 01/20/15. That one had 0 points for 2014 and 2015.

The other was a 100-pt contract at $115/PPT sent on 01/17/15 and ROFRed 03/16/15. That one was fully loaded.
That's what I get for trying to go by memory, lol. Thanks for posting that! I can't believe I didn't remember they took one at $115/pt.

Yeah, luckily our $115/PPT BLT contract passed ROFR! But it was pretty much stripped. So, yeah....

Was hoping to get word today on my contract, but just spoke with my broker and no news yet. Was told that they were informed by someone "on the inside" that they will not be getting any more rofr decisions until Wednesday, September 8. That makes 31 days for me.
On the bright side, she did say they are "not expecting them to step in on this one." I guess after waiting 117 days from rofr to member letter on my last contract, I should be a pro at patience.
I think I'm just so super excited for more points. Did my first trip on points this week at OKW. Went with just hubby, no kids, for our 15 year anniversary! We absolutely loved it!! First time at OKW (our home resort). We also explored the other DVC resorts and toured through the models. So fun!
Jnjhuddle---$86-$7286-80-OKW-Sep-80/'14, 80/'15, 80/'16 SELLER pays 2015 MF--sent 8/9

Was hoping to get word today on my contract, but just spoke with my broker and no news yet. Was told that they were informed by someone "on the inside" that they will not be getting any more rofr decisions until Wednesday, September 8. That makes 31 days for me.
On the bright side, she did say they are "not expecting them to step in on this one." I guess after waiting 117 days from rofr to member letter on my last contract, I should be a pro at patience.
I think I'm just so super excited for more points. Did my first trip on points this week at OKW. Went with just hubby, no kids, for our 15 year anniversary! We absolutely loved it!! First time at OKW (our home resort). We also explored the other DVC resorts and toured through the models. So fun!

Good luck! We just received our closing documents yesterday and sent them back today..this is our first contract. How did you get to tour the models at the other DVC resorts?? We would love to do this!

Good luck! We just received our closing documents yesterday and sent them back today..this is our first contract. How did you get to tour the models at the other DVC resorts?? We would love to do this!
Thanks! And congrats to you! When we checked in to OKW, we asked to see a 2 bedroom (we were staying in a studio) and they were happy to show us. We decided we wanted to check out some of the DVC resorts that we have never really explored and happened upon BWV, which has a model that you can just walk in to. The DVC sales people there were super nice. We just told them we were new members and wanted to check out all the resorts in case we stay there. Loved the newly renovated rooms, although we never saw them prior to renovation. Lol! They told us Poly has an open house from 2-4pm where you can tour a studio and a bungalow. We chose instead to go over to the DVC preview center at SSR. We went in and told them we wanted to look at the models and that we bought "the forbidden way" and were not looking to add points yet. They were also very nice and took us on the tour of the models for Aulani, VGF (I think I could sell my home and move in there) and Poly which they have mock ups of. We also hit the TOTWL at Bay Lake for fireworks viewing and an adult drink (something we almost never do in WDW)! We spent quite a bit of time exploring Downtown Disney, love the vibe there now. We were never fans of it before but with all the live music and the restaurants in the Landing area, it is totally amazing...reminds me of the vibe of downtown Disney in California, which we loved! Never really paid attention to the fact that SSR was right across from there and such a super easy walk! you will enjoy your points there! Can't believe how much we did on a 1 night, 2 day trip! Amazing what you can do without 4 kids in tow! While we were there, Frontier had a $15 fare from PHL to MCO and we almost booked another 1 night trip to go down next weekend, but the flight down sold out as I was in the process of booking! Grrr!
***Sorry guys, I think I got way off topic from this rofr thread! Just writing this though helps cure what I like to call PTVD (Post Traumatic Vacation
Disorder)!!!

Starting our 30-day ROFR with the following:

1oldguitarman---$45-$9,597-200-VB-Dec- 0/'14, 0/'15, 200/'16-sent 9/3

After passing ROFR on 9/2, my guide called me today to say our name came up on the wait list for BLT. Saving $5,000 this route over direct. But a bit ironic none the less.

After passing ROFR on 9/2, my guide called me today to say our name came up on the wait list for BLT. Saving $5,000 this route over direct. But a bit ironic none the less.

Wow, just think of how much you'll be able to do with that extra money you saved :)!

Starting our 30-day ROFR with the following:

1oldguitarman---$45-$9,597-200-VB-Dec- 0/'14, 0/'15, 200/'16-sent 9/3

Best of luck! That's a great price :).

Thanks! And congrats to you! When we checked in to OKW, we asked to see a 2 bedroom (we were staying in a studio) and they were happy to show us. We decided we wanted to check out some of the DVC resorts that we have never really explored and happened upon BWV, which has a model that you can just walk in to. The DVC sales people there were super nice. We just told them we were new members and wanted to check out all the resorts in case we stay there. Loved the newly renovated rooms, although we never saw them prior to renovation. Lol! They told us Poly has an open house from 2-4pm where you can tour a studio and a bungalow. We chose instead to go over to the DVC preview center at SSR. We went in and told them we wanted to look at the models and that we bought "the forbidden way" and were not looking to add points yet. They were also very nice and took us on the tour of the models for Aulani, VGF (I think I could sell my home and move in there) and Poly which they have mock ups of. We also hit the TOTWL at Bay Lake for fireworks viewing and an adult drink (something we almost never do in WDW)! We spent quite a bit of time exploring Downtown Disney, love the vibe there now. We were never fans of it before but with all the live music and the restaurants in the Landing area, it is totally amazing...reminds me of the vibe of downtown Disney in California, which we loved! Never really paid attention to the fact that SSR was right across from there and such a super easy walk! you will enjoy your points there! Can't believe how much we did on a 1 night, 2 day trip! Amazing what you can do without 4 kids in tow! While we were there, Frontier had a $15 fare from PHL to MCO and we almost booked another 1 night trip to go down next weekend, but the flight down sold out as I was in the process of booking! Grrr!
***Sorry guys, I think I got way off topic from this rofr thread! Just writing this though helps cure what I like to call PTVD (Post Traumatic Vacation
Disorder)!!!

Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to book our first DVC trip! Already planning a trip in Oct, Dec, and June! Yes we are nuts!

tb1972---$119-$5,950.00-50-BWV-Dec-50/'15, 50/'16-seller accepted offer yesterday
Congrats! I was wondering if that one would go full price! I had an accepted offer on a 45 point loaded BWV in June for $95 (was listed at $110), but I ended up backing out because I decided I needed 50 points or more. Crazy how the price has crept up and I thought the $110 listing back in June was crazy! I hope they come back down a bit so I can add on points there next year!

Congrats! I was wondering if that one would go full price! I had an accepted offer on a 45 point loaded BWV in June for $95 (was listed at $110), but I ended up backing out because I decided I needed 50 points or more. Crazy how the price has crept up and I thought the $110 listing back in June was crazy! I hope they come back down a bit so I can add on points there next year!

We needed Dec. UY and it has been a challenge to match up UY's for sure. : )

The market has changed so much lately for all resorts...just three years ago when we joined DVC we bought OKW for $60.00 PPT.

We needed Dec. UY and it has been a challenge to match up UY's for sure. : )

The market has changed so much lately for all resorts...just three years ago when we joined DVC we bought OKW for $60.00 PPT.
I seriously wish I knew about the resale market a few years back! I had no idea that it even existed and never paid attention to the DVC people when we visited because I thought it was super expensive and that we would have to finance. My goal is to add a small contract (or 2 in the case of this year) each year until we have the number of points we want/need. Maybe a crazy way to go about it, but it works for us!

I thought I was a patient person, but this process is proving otherwise. RobbW I was waiting for another chart to show what contracts should be hearing back on their ROFR status, but i guess you are not following it as closely since yours passed last week. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter