• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**ROFR Thread 2015 July-December** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a silly question. The contract that I made an offer on on'y close until Dec 12, 2015. Why is that? I went over my contract a million times but was so excited that I had finally made up my mind to purchase that I forgot to ask why I can't close until that date.
The seller must have a scheduled vacation using points in December so They can't close until after their vacation is completed.

not sure if you have followed the Estoppel or closing threads at all, but even if the seller didn't have a vacation in December, you probably wouldn't close too much before then anyway.

The seller must have a scheduled vacation using points in December so They can't close until after their vacation is completed.

not sure if you have followed the Estoppel or closing threads at all, but even if the seller didn't have a vacation in December, you probably wouldn't close too much before then anyway.

I did start reading it but then I started to wonder how far that will take me into January before Disney registers that I am officially a member? I hope there are rooms left in October by the time I get to close. Lol

I would love to! I might need some guidance with the spreadsheet portion :blush:

Though I might feel like a dull penny with the same old, same old lists beside RobbW's gold doubloon charts LOL.
Ever since the DIS switched to this new format, the {CODE} function doesn't work the same. It became a total PITA to keep the columns aligned.

I think just keeping it in a list is good enough. All the info will still be on page 1 and easily searchable. Or you could just make 2 lists... one by date and one by price.

If someone new is taking over I think a new thread will be required. No one will be able to edit the first post to track other than the original poster.
yup

I'm sure you will do a great job with this Pangyal! You are already a cheerleader for everyone on this thread.
Thank You @that's nice for taking the time to notice this thread is without a leader. (Sort of, well...at least not being updated). I keep finding myself having to keep scrolling through the pages to get the information instead of having it nicely laid out on one page.
Well I ran the thread for 1 1/2 years before I passed it off. It was a huge help to me in purchasing our contract and it would be a shame if it isn't kept up

I did start reading it but then I started to wonder how far that will take me into January before Disney registers that I am officially a member? I hope there are rooms left in October by the time I get to close. Lol
This is my worry with my contract too. We just registered for the Star Wars dark Side races in April and were hoping we close by early November so we can book. If there's anything left.

Ever since the DIS switched to this new format, the {CODE} function doesn't work the same. It became a total PITA to keep the columns aligned.

I think just keeping it in a list is good enough. All the info will still be on page 1 and easily searchable. Or you could just make 2 lists... one by date and one by price.

yup

Well I ran the thread for 1 1/2 years before I passed it off. It was a huge help to me in purchasing our contract and it would be a shame if it isn't kept up
I agree, this thread was invaluable to me this year when adding on a number of contracts, plus it's so exciting to see people start their DVC journey!

I'll copy/paste the first page into a new thread and start a new one sometime today so I have time to comb through and add the new data :).

Yeah I was a little surprised at that as well but given the timeline on everything (ROFR, estoppel, etc) I guess it makes sense. We sent ours to ROFR on 8/20 and the broker told us we would hopefully be members by the end of November.

Someone will also need to close/lock this current thread so that no one can post to it anymore after the new thread is started.

Charminnie--$100-$27,000-270-BLT-Feb-13/'15, 43/'16, 270/'17-sent8/21, passedROFR9/14
Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF for 15 & 16.

Yeah!!!! We passed. I'm so excited! Now I can book in December for our trip next Thanksgiving!
Congratulations to everyone who passed this week!
Did Disney take any contracts this week so far?

Charminnie--$100-$27,000-270-BLT-Feb-13/'15, 43/'16, 270/'17-sent8/21, passedROFR9/14
Buyer pays closing, seller pays MF for 15 & 16.

Yeah!!!! We passed. I'm so excited! Now I can book in December for our trip next Thanksgiving!
Congratulations to everyone who passed this week!
Did Disney take any contracts this week so far?

Woo hoo! Congrats, charminnie! I do not show any contracts being ROFR'ed this week. Of course, my data all depends on members updating/reporting their status. So, it's possible some were taken and just haven't been reported here yet.

Remember to have a moderator lock this one up now. Otherwise, I'll keep posting in here just out of spite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter