Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

mickeynut1 and letthewookiewin :wave2: and :welcome: I used to be much more active on this thread, but between work and playing with the kiddos I've missed my RC family:grouphug: This is an awesome group of people here!
Thank you!! They are a pretty great group. Plus they don't make me feel so crazy for not being able to pick a resort and stick with it.
Yeah, the GF does have a "girly" theme to it with it being victorian, so I can see how guys might not like it. I do like the GF myself, but I think I like the Poly more......there's just something about the tropical atmosphere that I like more than the victorian theming :).
I would love to be able to one day stay at the GF. Maybe if I can some day do a girls only trip with my mom and sis. The Poly is another one that I would love to stay at. The only thing that I wonder if all the rooms have balconies that are above the first floor. It's probably out of the budget for this next trip, but maybe on another.
The clown slide is at Boardwalk. Don't know if that matters with your resort decision. Stormalong has a ship slide and a lazy river area. Beach Club decor was "too fancy" for my DH, probably why GF doesn't appeal much too him.
Ugh, talk about a brain fart. Actually, I'm having one of those high blood pressure, bad headache, so my brain doesn't work right kind of days. Yes it is the Boardwalk that he won't stay at. I would love to stay at the BC for the lazy river. The decor is just ok. There are some resorts that I don't like the decor of, but I would stay at b/c of other things. I would stay at the BC for the lazy river. I would stay at the CR or BLT for the MK view.

I picture myself in the pool in 60 Degree weather, you're right I may get lucky...

You just might :goodvibes. December weather can be very iffy, but there is a chance it will be hot ;). Even though we're in Chicagoland (NW Indiana) and are used to 70-75 being nice, warm weather after our winters, 60s is still a little too cold for me to swim, but if it works for you, you may be alright :thumbsup2.

I would love to be able to one day stay at the GF. Maybe if I can some day do a girls only trip with my mom and sis. The Poly is another one that I would love to stay at. The only thing that I wonder if all the rooms have balconies that are above the first floor. It's probably out of the budget for this next trip, but maybe on another.

Doing a girls weekend was exactly how I got to stay at the GF :). Of course after trying it, I had to find a way to stay there on a family trip.......which happened due to booking a BB offer and getting 40% off.....otherwise I don't think we would have done it. Not all longhouses at the Poly have balconies on all floors. I'm not sure which ones do and which ones don't, but I do know that they are not all equipped with them. But you can always request a certain building and/or certain floor ;).

Hello fellow resort changers :wave2:.

WDWKOOK suggested I come over to this thread as I admitted over on the CL thread that I, too, am a resort changer :laughing:. We have been going to Disney since 2001 and I have never changed resorts for any trip......until I booked our trip for December 2010 I was down in January for a girls weekend and booked a BB......only to come home and start second guessing the resort I chose and I ended up changing ALOT before I finally decided about 2 months out what to stick with . Then after returning home from that trip, I received a pin code and booked for this December.....and you guessed it......the resort changing started up again . I originally booked WL CL......only to switch to GF SL......which then turned to Poly GV......which (as of right now), is Poly GV CL :rolleyes1. I must say, though, that one of the reasons for me changing to the Poly is we just LOVE the resort :lovestruc. We've only stayed there one time, but that was enough to get us hooked :goodvibes. The GF is a great resort and my DH and both DSs thought it was a nice resort and would stay there again, but the Poly is their fav and asked if I would change :rolleyes1. So there is it.......we are now booked for Poly GV CL, although after seeing all the great view pics over on the CL thread, I am considering looking into switching to LV CL :laughing:.

Welcome aboard!

Morin’
Heather … gorgeous photo as usual! So peaceful to look at on this Monday AM. Wish I were there!

Good grief, that was one bad experience! I don’t blame you in the least for not liking WL after that fiasco. It’s a shame because they could have turned it around into a positive stay for you. It’s not so much that something wrong happens it’s how it’s dealt with. I hope someday (maybe after their refurb) you give it another try. Hope POP was great

SO .... My vote is no! After your past issues with the resort, I think you will end up really missing the POLY -- plus you do have a much bigger room and the convenience of the monorail with the kids.

We absolutely LOVE Pop! :love: It's one of our favorite resorts, as is CBR. Honestly if it weren't for monorail access we would probably be staying at CBR. I just love how serene and beautiful it is. DS loves the pool.

:love:
Well, the TIW can be used for your entire party (one bill), so no need to purchase more than one.

Since this will be my second CL stay at WL, I will certainly be comparing it to the first stay (Christmas) and since I'll be staying CL for the first time at the Poly, I'll also be comparing it to that (and YC and the CR). I will be brutally honest - so watch out!

I see where you're coming from. I've had similar billing/room/resort issues once before at WDW. But, it didn't keep me from eventually going back and trying the resorts again.

I will say that for the CR I had an incentive to return in that the Mgr. personally contacted me when I got home (after writing a long email) and strongly encouraged me to give them the opportunity to make it up to me. They did, and I've been back several times since. Now, the Poly didn't offer anything and left a bad taste in my mouth, but we're going to give CL a try. I, like Heather, recommend giving the WL one more try. If it's really that bad again, you can always go down to the front desk and switch resorts like I've done.

BTW, what's the reason you're thinking of changing from the Poly? Is it only because of the discontinuation of the monorail after PM EMH is over?

Glad you found us, mickeynut - you fit right in:thumbsup2. Looks like we're both still booked Poly/GV/CL:). With less than two weeks until we check-in, I think I'm done making anymore changes, but you have plenty of time to make more;). Have you considered a split stay?

LV is stunning, but it's almost $150 more per day Vs. GV and I figure we can see the LV anytime from the lounge.

Tell us again why you want to change and what other resorts are you considering? Are you comparing Poly CL to WL CL? It's only a $200 difference? For how many nights?

See, my issue isn't so much what happened but how they handled it. I mean, yes, I was furious at the time. However a room mixup and key shuffle wouldn't keep me from nixing a resort all together had it been handled properly. The manager was extremely unapologetic about the entire situation and that's what really ruffled my feathers. The bugs and the broken tub are also things that can happen at any resort, but thrown into the existing fiasco it just made everything worse. When we got to Pop they sent us a gift basket. That made us love Pop even more if that was possible. :rotfl:

I'm not really interested in switching. I'm having a panic attack because my parents are backing out of the deal. :eek:

Mickeynut1...The Hawaii building was one of the main reasons for our CL stay...very, very convenient to the pool and GCH...not to mention the beach and great view we had. I would certainly do DxDP and CL again...because we go to places that require 2TS credits, the regular dining plan doesn't work for us. CL is basically a convenience thing for us...not the food offerings at night. And is it tons of food?? YES:laughing: We're ridiculous, aren't we?! Honestly, our trips revolve around our TSs...I know that sounds silly to most.....just how we travel:confused3

Disneydreamin24....$200 doesn't sound like that much...and if you're second guessing the WL, you might just want to stay put;) After looking at the monorail closing, it doesn't appear that it should affect you that much...an hour should be plenty of time to get back to the Poly/GF....I think:confused3 Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

Heather

We most likely won't switch. DS actually shocked me when he said no WL when I asked. He kept asking to return but today he said "No way! There were BUGS in our room, mom!" :rotfl:

I'm sorry you had a not-so-great stay at the WL :(. We've had 2 stays there and never had any problems, but it would be hard for me to try it again if I had the experience you did. We love the WL, but we do love the Poly more :lovestruc.

I know others love it there, but it just didn't work out for us. Maybe we'll stay there again sometime. I'm sure I will be persuaded. It sure isn't on my NEVER list.

Well I am sure there are a lot of others who would love be making that same decision you have to think about.

No kidding. Makes me feel guilty sometimes. But then again the thinking about it actually keeps me from switching somehow. Plus, in two years when we go back it will have to be a value so I'm trying to make the most of this trip.

That's how I feel. :sad1: We would have to put it off to next year, and while I like Disney in June I LOVE it in the fall. MNSSHP and F&W are more attractive than SWW. That means a whole year. This whole issue is making my PPD, anxiety, and OCD skyrocket.

First, we had a HORRIBLE experience at the WL that started with us being downgraded at check-in without mention which resulted in me lugging a tired and over stimulated ASD/ADHD child back and forth to the front desk a few times and being stuck without a working key and DxDDP credits for a while and ended with bugs in our room on the morning we left to switch back to Pop.

That would be enough to make me not want to go back! :scared1:

Hello fellow resort changers :wave2:.

WDWKOOK suggested I come over to this thread as I admitted over on the CL thread that I, too, am a resort changer :laughing:. We have been going to Disney since 2001 and I have never changed resorts for any trip......until I booked our trip for December 2010 :rolleyes:. I was down in January for a girls weekend and booked a BB......only to come home and start second guessing the resort I chose and I ended up changing ALOT before I finally decided about 2 months out what to stick with :upsidedow. Then after returning home from that trip, I received a pin code and booked for this December.....and you guessed it......the resort changing started up again :rotfl: :rotfl:. I originally booked WL CL......only to switch to GF SL......which then turned to Poly GV......which (as of right now), is Poly GV CL :rolleyes1.

kaffinito.....I know exactly what you mean about missing the Poly to stay somewhere else. When we stayed at the GF this past December, we ate at Ohana and the minute we walked into the Poly lobby, I missed it!!!! The GF is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly that gets us......I love the smell of the lobby and the beautiful tropical surroundings :goodvibes. In December, we stayed 2 nights at AKL prior to checking into the GF and I didn't find myself missing the Poly all that much for those 2 days......but then again we did AK 1 day and didn't really get to the MK area until we changed resorts.....so that probably had something to do with it :confused3.

:welcome: To our little thread! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the Poly. It gets under your skin somehow and then you just start missing it.

I'm trying to talk DS into it, but he's standing firm about the GF. He really liked it there a lot better than at the Poly. :confused:

Guess what I did today...yup, I called and harassed a lovely cm at cro. If Ds wants to we can change the Poly portion of our trip to WL CL but it will only save us around $200. That doesn't exactly seem worthwhile to me.

It really doesn't. Plus after your story about staying there, I'd give it a huge miss. Have you thought about AKL? Or does the bus situation get to you? Would you consider it if your parents were going?

SO .... My vote is no! After your past issues with the resort, I think you will end up really missing the POLY -- plus you do have a much bigger room and the convenience of the monorail with the kids.

I agree with Janet. If affordable, a monorail resort beats the heck out of buses.

I don't think there is anything wrong with staying at a value, I just would rather stay at a deluxe.:lmao: Honestly, the only reason is the private balcony. If the values had them, I would always stay at a value. On our last trip, we stayed at the WL. I looked forward to the end of the day, when my DH and I would sit on the balcony, drink coffee, and talk about what we were going to do the next day.

Gotcha! I'm not a balcony person, so maybe that's why I really don't get worked up over them. :goodvibes I like to wander around the resort, not sit so those balcony views are wasted on me.

With the exceptions of AKL and BWI. Those balconies are fun and interesting with something to look at. :yay:

DH says he always wanted to stay there. HELLO, couldn't he have told me that last year!!! I have to say I am SO glad he's excited. He talks about it every day. And he thinks TPV is very cool. At first he said why not GV since we have the lounge...but I tempted him with the bathrobe/coffee staring at the castle from the room...SOLD! We can hop on the monorail and visit each other (I was told we can have guests in the CL lounge by the CM-could this be a spot for our meet????) RCs invade the Poly:rotfl:

I think that is totally awesome! Make sure you request a balcony from IPO, and make sure you get one when you check in. Checking in early helps too.

Once he sees the Castle all light up at night and gets to see Wishes from the balcony with some tasty treats from the lounge tucked away in your room, he'll be hooked for sure!

Then you can talk him into a TPV at GF. :teeth:

:wave: It has been way longer than I realized since I was here! I must be going through some weird phase of late middle age :-)rotfl:) because I've pretty much lost a desire to travel ( I LOVE to travel), even to our beloved WDW. The major reason is the ever growing bedbug issue (sorry).
Hi! :wave2: I feel for you about the bedbug grossout. I hope you'll be back in the RC saddle again soon!

Sorry I have been MIA, I worked 6 straight nights, and after 2 days off have somewhat recovered...I made lots of $$$$ though, AND.....today upgraded to Poly TPV CL:dance3:
Hi! :wave2: Congrats about the Poly TPV CL. Makes all your work worthwhile! :flower1:

Here's hoping for bouncebacks! :goodvibes
Here's WISHING for that MAGIC!!!! :wizard:

So do you think on some level part of me doesn't want to ever try the Grand Floridian because I will end up missing the Contemporary, since it happened while we were staying at the Polynesian?
Yes, I'm with you there also. As long as we did BC/YC, I was ok with no Poly. But when we did WL in March and looked over at Poly from the boat to MK, I got that sad feeling. :sad1:

Thank you for approving my FINAL change.
FINAL change...SUUUUUURE!!! :lmao: Also, I love that WL pic. And as for TIW, DDP or no DDP... TIW works much better for us than DDP in any format.

Hi all! Yes, we are all excited about AKV ... I hear that the 2 pools are great. And the girls are looking forward to viewing the animals at night. Was considering going with maybe 2 and 2 (QS and reg DP) so I can try and book the HDDR.
Yay for AKV and yay for being excited! :cool1: I like your 2 and 2 (QS and reg DP) to change thing up a bit! I'd never thought of that as an option.

Well like you I keep wondering why the BWI doesn't have a seperate category for reserving their Standard Club Level rooms with the Boardwalk View.
Me too. ::yes::

And there's the rub. :goodvibes Staying at GF CL or having that lovely TPV at the Poly... So it really boils down to in-room coffee, no CL but spectacular view - or morning coffee in the lounge, wonderful CL food but no spectacular view. :scratchin Unless I brought coffee from home, made coffee in the room at Poly, and ignored the pained groans and moans from oldest DS when he doesn't get CL for his birthday....
Oh my. Tough one. GF CL was one of my best experiences hands-down. But TPV at the Poly sure is nice. Tahiti TPV at the Poly about 4 years ago with DN is another trip we remember fondly. :) I could NEVER decide... I guess that's why I'm a RCer!!!! :goodvibes

Speaking of coffee: Does anyone else here LOVE the taste of Kona coffee...but the Kona coffee doesn't love them??? I had to stop drinking it!!!

Hello fellow resort changers :wave2:. ......we are now booked for Poly GV CL
Welcome mickeynut1!:welcome: Congrats on another tasty Poly CL ressie.

On our last trip, we stayed at the WL. I looked forward to the end of the day, when my DH and I would sit on the balcony, drink coffee, and talk about what we were going to do the next day.
I'm right with you. That sounds positively heavenly. :cloud9:

See, my issue isn't so much what happened but how they handled it.
Almost always the case. Customer service is sooo important. :sad2:

I know others love it there, but it just didn't work out for us. Maybe we'll stay there again sometime. I'm sure I will be persuaded. It sure isn't on my NEVER list.
A favorite lyric from back in my Lynyrd Skynrd days comes to mind: “I tried everything in my life; Things I like I try 'em twice.” ;) Since it wasn't the look or vibe of the WL resort that caused your bad experience, another stay for you someday sounds :thumbsup2. We had a good CM experience in March. So hopefully management is on top of things at WL now. Better results should be your reward for giving it another chance someday.

I'm not really interested in switching. I'm having a panic attack because my parents are backing out of the deal. :eek:

Let's re-group here since Mom and Dad can't go. Were the 3 adults, DD and DS in one regular room? If it was a regular room (not a suite) then that won't need to be changed. I think you need to ask yourself, "Where would I feel most comfortable without my parents and where will I have the most transportation options to the park I'll be visiting the most?"

My answer would be, if MK is the park you'll visit the most, I vote for the CR since you can both monorail and walk back at night, even after PM EMH. If it's Epcot, then I would stick with the Poly OR if you're concerned about not having the PM EMH monorail, I would consider an Epcot resort stay so that you could walk to Epcot and even DHS.

Don't even consider the WL since you're not excited about it and there isn't an easy monorail option or walkway to a park.

Let's re-group here since Mom and Dad can't go. Were the 3 adults, DD and DS in one regular room? If it was a regular room (not a suite) then that won't need to be changed. I think you need to ask yourself, "Where would I feel most comfortable without my parents and where will I have the most transportation options to the park I'll be visiting the most?"

My answer would be, if MK is the park you'll visit the most, I vote for the CR since you can both monorail and walk back at night, even after PM EMH. If it's Epcot, then I would stick with the Poly OR if you're concerned about not having the PM EMH monorail, I would consider an Epcot resort stay so that you could walk to Epcot and even DHS.

Don't even consider the WL since you're not excited about it and there isn't an easy monorail option or walkway to a park.

Yes. We were all in a standard CL room. I can't commit to an Epcot resort. DS really has his heart set on Poly which is fine with me because of the monorail to Epcot being right there as well. I doubt there's any availability at CR with the AP rate but I'll check.

Ideally I don't need to switch, but you guys know how it is! I've been committed to my current reservations for over FIVE months! :scared1: That's a quarter century in RC terms. :rotfl:

letthewookiewin I hope you feel better....I just wanted to make sure you excluded the correct resort...we look out for each other, and enable:lmao:

mickeynut1 If you read about a frozen Jersey girl next to the GF pool this December....that'll be me:rotfl2:

MAGIC...itis Thanks! I get text msgs whenever someone calls out asking if I'm available, and my supervisor knows to add in...$$ for the mouse.

Minnie&Nana Miss you! I'm gonna have to check out other threads to find you....................

kaffinito I requested not to be on the first floor. I'd love the third floor, but I'll take what I get. It's all good. As long as the kiddos can't run away (which they totally will we have a patio). My DH may end up being a Poly addict for sure:thumbsup2 He is trying to weasel his way into my Girls trip:eek:

WDWKOOK:wave2:

disneydreamin247 I still think you should stay put. Both resorts will be easy to get back and forth to MK and epcot. If your parents stay home, you'll need a vacation from your vacation....Drinks at Houlihan's on me! And 5 months in RC years is a lifetime:)

Doing a girls weekend was exactly how I got to stay at the GF :). Of course after trying it, I had to find a way to stay there on a family trip.......which happened due to booking a BB offer and getting 40% off.....otherwise I don't think we would have done it. Not all longhouses at the Poly have balconies on all floors. I'm not sure which ones do and which ones don't, but I do know that they are not all equipped with them. But you can always request a certain building and/or certain floor ;).

See that's the only thing that keeps me from ever staying at the Poly. If I'm going to pay those prices I want a guaranteed balcony. I know that requests are just that, a request. I'm taking a chance on not getting one. I won't say that I'll never stay there, but that makes it less likely to happen.

Gotcha! I'm not a balcony person, so maybe that's why I really don't get worked up over them. :goodvibes I like to wander around the resort, not sit so those balcony views are wasted on me.

With the exceptions of AKL and BWI. Those balconies are fun and interesting with something to look at. :yay:
We had a WV room on the third floor, near the otter pond, facing the MK. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks through the trees. We would put the DSs to bed and sit watch the fireworks. Then after the fireworks were done, we would talk and listen to the sounds of the woods. It was really nice. I would love to just wander the resort, but DH didn't want to leave the DS in the room asleep alone. Plus he said that he didn't enough walking in the parks.:lmao:
Speaking of coffee: Does anyone else here LOVE the taste of Kona coffee...but the Kona coffee doesn't love them??? I had to stop drinking it!!!
The French press pot Kona coffee is one thing that I can't wait to try on our trip. I wonder if the Kona coffee we get for our Keurig come close to it?
I'm right with you. That sounds positively heavenly. :cloud9:
It really was. It's one of the reasons that I want to stay at the WL again. I just wonder if I would like a CV room as much. What I like the most about the WV was how quiet it was. Well except for the one night where a lady talked on her cell phone on the balcony for 30 minutes and I swear she was talking through a blowhorn. The thinking behind the CV is to see the EP from the balcony. I just wonder if people milling around the courtyard will make it too loud for my liking.
Almost always the case. Customer service is sooo important. :sad2:
I agree 100%. When we stayed at the WL in October 2006, the CM's were so wonderful!! They just felt like old friends.
On a non Disney note. We have a Sonic that is about 1 mile from us. The little town we live in has very few options for fast food. There is a Sonic, Chicken Express, Joe's Pizza and Pasta (nasty food), and Allsup's gas station that has super yummy beef and been fried burrito's. Well the Sonic, you have to check your order so closely before you leave that I often joke that you should get paid for it. One time I came home, and my fil's cheeseburger didn't have any meat on it. Another time, I got a bacon cheeseburger. I told them that I wanted it plain, just meat, cheese, bun. Well to them that meant leave the bacon off as well. Well this time, we were in a hurry so I didn't check the order. The youngest DS (who has very mild ASD) was complaining that he was so starving his stomach was eating itself. I ordered him a bacon cheeseburger no lettuce, tomato, or onion. What we got was a bacon cheeseburger toaster that had an onion ring and BBQ sauce, and a 12 year old in full meltdown mode. The first person I talked to was an assistant manager. I informed him that as high as gas was, I not only wanted the burger, I wanted my money back. It takes a lot for me to complain. My DH was once in fast food management. He did have the authority to give money back, so I had to wait the next day to talk to the manager. DS did finally eat, but he refused to eat the bread and we had to remove any signs of the BBQ sauce. Basically he ate the meat and the bacon. When I talked to him the next day, I let him have it. Turns out he was part owner. My DH went to Sonic later that day and not only did they give us a free bacon cheeseburger, gave us the money back from the one before, and a $2 coupon to use when we came back.

letthewookiewin I hope you feel better....I just wanted to make sure you excluded the correct resort...we look out for each other, and enable:lmao:
Thanks, it's much better now. I found some more medicine. It was 183/120. I'm glad you did. For some reason that day, I had it stuck in my head that Stormalong Bay = creepy clown slide.
mickeynut1 If you read about a frozen Jersey girl next to the GF pool this December....that'll be me:rotfl2:
You should be fine. Aren't the pool heated?:lmao:
I'm sorry, I just laugh anytime I read about the "heated water". We went to TL on our trip in March 2004. The only day we had planned to go there was the day we arrived, and we were going no matter how chilly it seemed outside. We ended up having to leave b/c our youngest DS (5 at the time) had blue lips, and was shaking so badly that he had to be carried. As we were walking out, a CM noticed the blood on my leg. It got bloody from diving in the wave pool to save the youngest DS from hitting his head when a wave knocked him over in shallow water. The CM said it was 60F. Then when we were at the WL in October 2006, the water seemed really cold. We didn't stay in the water long, though. The youngest DS was freaked out by the duck landing in the pool. He kept yelling, "this isn't a pool, it's a duck toilet."

So, instead of doing school work, I'm thinking about the WDW trip. The only reason I was thinking of doing a mod was for the bigger bed. Doesn't the PC only have doubles? I'm thinking that I would rather save the money and not worry about having Queen size beds. Now I'm thinking that the options are either PC or WL. If we do WL, I don't think we'll do a BB room. Our oldest DS is already 5'10" and I'm not sure how comfy he would be in the bunk bed. I know we'll be happy with either.

Oh my. Tough one. GF CL was one of my best experiences hands-down. But TPV at the Poly sure is nice. Tahiti TPV at the Poly about 4 years ago with DN is another trip we remember fondly. :) I could NEVER decide... I guess that's why I'm a RCer!!!! :goodvibes

You know, I really don't like Kona cofee all that much. I really like Kenyan (AKL) and Jamaican coffees. But then again I've never had the good stuff.

I know what you mean about both GF and Poly. I think I'll stay put. I have that nice cabana day planned out at the GF pool, so....

Yes. We were all in a standard CL room. I can't commit to an Epcot resort. DS really has his heart set on Poly which is fine with me because of the monorail to Epcot being right there as well. I doubt there's any availability at CR with the AP rate but I'll check.

Ideally I don't need to switch, but you guys know how it is! I've been committed to my current reservations for over FIVE months! :scared1: That's a quarter century in RC terms. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Too funny! It sounds like you could keep what you have then? Maybe? :goodvibes

kaffinito I requested not to be on the first floor. I'd love the third floor, but I'll take what I get. It's all good. As long as the kiddos can't run away (which they totally will we have a patio). My DH may end up being a Poly addict for sure:thumbsup2 He is trying to weasel his way into my Girls trip:eek:

Yikes! I had forgotten about the little ones. No patio for sure! When I took DN 5 there, I requested second floor so I wouldn't have to worry about him escaping. I had a great view of Wishes from the bed. :goodvibes

You better watch out that your DH doesn't horn in! :wizard:

See that's the only thing that keeps me from ever staying at the Poly. If I'm going to pay those prices I want a guaranteed balcony. I know that requests are just that, a request. I'm taking a chance on not getting one. I won't say that I'll never stay there, but that makes it less likely to happen.

So, instead of doing school work, I'm thinking about the WDW trip. The only reason I was thinking of doing a mod was for the bigger bed. Doesn't the PC only have doubles? I'm thinking that I would rather save the money and not worry about having Queen size beds. Now I'm thinking that the options are either PC or WL. If we do WL, I don't think we'll do a BB room. Our oldest DS is already 5'10" and I'm not sure how comfy he would be in the bunk bed. I know we'll be happy with either.

I understand about the Poly and a guaranteed balcony. I used to request them, until it finally dawned on me that I only use them to air dry the bathing suits. :laughing:

And yes, the PC only has doubles not queens. As far as a BB room goes, my oldest DS is 6' and big for his age (if you get my drift) and he slept in the bottom bunk at AKL - same bunk beds, different theme. :) So I know that a large kids will fit into one of those bunks. :goodvibes

I understand about the Poly and a guaranteed balcony. I used to request them, until it finally dawned on me that I only use them to air dry the bathing suits. :laughing:

And yes, the PC only has doubles not queens. As far as a BB room goes, my oldest DS is 6' and big for his age (if you get my drift) and he slept in the bottom bunk at AKL - same bunk beds, different theme. :) So I know that a large kids will fit into one of those bunks. :goodvibes

DH and I use that as our alone time. We don't sit out there and make out or anything, but it's a nice break.

That's great that he could fit into the BB. I know when we were planning our last trip (that had to be canceled) they wanted to a BB room.

Now we just have to wait on the financial stuff to play out. I just repriced the trip. We are planning on driving there and being at WDW May 29-June 3, 2012 on the DlxDDP. At the WL in a CV room /w out BB it's $5,212.64, and a PR at the PC is $3,900.14. Which means the PC is cheaper by $1,312.50. I can see my DH's reaction when I tell him. It'll be like Homer strangling Bart. :lmao: I'm willing to do it, if we can afford it. If not, who cares, we'll finally be back at WDW.

MAGIC...itis! and letthewookiewin Customer service is something that I have taken an increased notice of since my company has started really focusing on it. I used to just accept things as they were but now I will speak up if a situation warrants the attention. I had a terrible experience with Carter's on Black Friday that made me write to them and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've had. They actually sent me a $50 gift card which was not expected at all. Honestly if it weren't Disney I probably wouldn't be a repeat customer. However I'm one of those with Disney blinders on. :rolleyes:

pas130 I'm all in favor of drinks! You aren't paying though, missy. My treat! I think we are going to just stay put. I told them I want their final decision. If they aren't coming I'm going to try to downgrade from CL since I'm not sure how much I would use the lounge this year. Next year it's CL or bust!

kaffinito I think we're staying. I called for availability at CR and there was none so I think that solidifies it for us.

I thought I would ask about this here, before I ask the general DIS population. I am thinking about booking some early morning ADR's for breakfast at the Poly, CR, and the WL. When we stayed at the WL, we were able to take the boat to get to the CR and then the monorail to the Poly. Are there buses that come to the PC that can take you to early morning ADRs at the other resorts or even at the parks? We'll have our minivan, so we technically could drive. I'm just avoiding it like crazy. If they do have buses, then it would make the PC look better especially with the cost difference. Then we could use that money to do non-Disney stuff.

WL in a CV room /w out BB it's $5,212.64, and a PR at the PC is $3,900.14. Which means the PC is cheaper by $1,312.50. I can see my DH's reaction when I tell him. It'll be like Homer strangling Bart. :lmao:
Funny. :rotfl: That's big money. Lots to think about. And lots to research. And plenty of time to RC! :surfweb:

MAGIC...itis! and letthewookiewin Customer service: I used to just accept things as they were but now I will speak up if a situation warrants the attention. I had a terrible experience with Carter's on Black Friday that made me write to them and it was one of the best customer service experiences I've had. They actually sent me a $50 gift card which was not expected at all. Honestly if it weren't Disney I probably wouldn't be a repeat customer. However I'm one of those with Disney blinders on. :rolleyes:
Carter's: Good for you the Carter's situation turned into a positive. ... ... As for Disney blinders: ;) Gotcha. I'm guilty of wearing the DISblinders myself. :rolleyes1 ... ...

Are there buses that come to the PC that can take you to early morning ADRs at the other resorts or even at the parks?
Yes. I read about it here on the boards just today. The bus drivers will take you to an early a.m. ADR after the scheduled route is complete. So, say you want to go to AKL for a early ADR at Boma: take the bus to AK, and he will take you to AKL after he drops off the park-goers.

Uh oh. I feel a new RC change coming on...

When we stayed at Pop there were buses to take you to early morning ADRs at the parks. We had a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's and took a bus to MK and then the monorail to CR. I've read something about a bus directly to CR but can't confirm nor deny that one. We LOVEEEE Pop :love: Seriously, it's a great resort. Once Lilyana is big enough we will stay there again.

Okay, my DSis is staying off site. It's official. I think that I scared her away by all of the choices....only there are more choices outside than in. Anywho....we decided that we will stay at the YC even though DH is still talking about "more room." Since my Dsis will be staying at WH in a 2br, we can always go visit if we want more room. (Crisis avoided). I really didn't want OKW....even though I love the way they changed the rooms. Maybe next year.......already making changes for next year....can't believe it. My DSiL and family will not be coming this year but they have already booked Kidani for next year. I'm thinking we could do a great big Grand Gathering at Kidani....(My favorite resort so far) I'm a BIG AKL fan but we can't stay in a regular room anymore. My DS's are too tall to share the bed. So....Maybe Jambo/Kidani/OKW for next year.....:sick:

When we stayed at Pop there were buses to take you to early morning ADRs at the parks. We had a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's and took a bus to MK and then the monorail to CR. I've read something about a bus directly to CR but can't confirm nor deny that one. We LOVEEEE Pop :love: Seriously, it's a great resort. Once Lilyana is big enough we will stay there again.

The buses run very early. So do the boats. I could hear the boat horns early in the morning last year when we stayed at WL. The boat to CR was the best route.

:welcome: To our little thread! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the Poly. It gets under your skin somehow and then you just start missing it.

I'm trying to talk DS into it, but he's standing firm about the GF. He really liked it there a lot better than at the Poly. :confused:

If affordable, a monorail resort beats the heck out of buses.

Thanks.....it's nice to be in company who totally understands the craziness :lmao:. My DH and both DSs just shake their heads whenever I ask questions about resorts and where to stay......and they just laugh when I tell them I changed once again :rotfl: :rotfl:.

The Poly is very easy to miss......the tropical surroundings and having that great view of the castle from the beach/pool is so magical.....not to mention having the hammocks to take a nap while listening to the boat whistles :cloud9:. And I do agree about being at a monorail resort......even though we've never had any problems with the buses, you can't beat the monorail transportation :thumbsup2.

I know just where you're coming from on the balconies. I usually sit on the balcony with my coffee while waiting for everyone else to get ready. But in the evening, I like to wander the resort and take it all in that way rather than sitting on a balcony ;).

As long as we did BC/YC, I was ok with no Poly. But when we did WL in March and looked over at Poly from the boat to MK, I got that sad feeling. :sad1:

Welcome mickeynut1!:welcome: Congrats on another tasty Poly CL ressie.

Thanks for the welcome......I can't wait to get to the Poly in December :goodvibes. I hear you on being ok with no Poly when you're at a resort far away :rolleyes1. On our last trip this past December, we did 2 nights at AKL before switching to the GF and I didn't miss the Poly much at all until we got to the Grand and were able to see the Poly from across the lake :(.

You're too funny :lmao:......I'll keep a look out for that article :rotfl: :rotfl:.

That is one drawback for some people who really love balconies. Not that this will change your mind, but I will say that even though requests are just requests, for our first stay I requested Samoa, first floor, volcano pool side....in that order. When we checked in (it was late, around 12:30 a.m.) we were granted the first 2 requests on the quiet pool side, with them offering to move us the next morning to the volcano pool side :). We opted to stay put as we got in so late and wanted to get settled and didn't feel like moving the next day, but I really think they do try their very best to accommodate requests :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter