Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

Well I guess there is no harm and looking to see if there are any discounts at the Polynesian, although what's more important. Staying Club Level at the Grand Floridian which you like or staying at the Polynesian with their Theme Park View?

And there's the rub. :goodvibes Staying at GF CL or having that lovely TPV at the Poly...

It's a definite quandary! If the stay was more than 3 nights, I'd try to do a split stay at the end of the trip. But as it is, I'd have to pick one.

If I knew that they had somehow changed or fixed the coffee at Poly CL since last time we stayed there, it would be a no brainer. But not having my morning coffee from CL would be torture for me.

So it really boils down to in-room coffee, no CL but spectacular view - or morning coffee in the lounge, wonderful CL food but no spectacular view. :scratchin

Unless I brought coffee from home, made coffee in the room at Poly, and ignored the pained groans and moans from oldest DS when he doesn't get CL for his birthday....

Poop.

And there's the rub. :goodvibes Staying at GF CL or having that lovely TPV at the Poly...

It's a definite quandary! If the stay was more than 3 nights, I'd try to do a split stay at the end of the trip. But as it is, I'd have to pick one.

If I knew that they had somehow changed or fixed the coffee at Poly CL since last time we stayed there, it would be a no brainer. But not having my morning coffee from CL would be torture for me.

So it really boils down to in-room coffee, no CL but spectacular view - or morning coffee in the lounge, wonderful CL food but no spectacular view. :scratchin

Unless I brought coffee from home, made coffee in the room at Poly, and ignored the pained groans and moans from oldest DS when he doesn't get CL for his birthday....

Poop.
Well I am sure there are a lot of others who would love be making that same decision you have to think about.

That's how I feel. :sad1: We would have to put it off to next year, and while I like Disney in June I LOVE it in the fall. MNSSHP and F&W are more attractive than SWW. That means a whole year. This whole issue is making my PPD, anxiety, and OCD skyrocket.

Hi all!

Dani: Did something negative happen on the last trip? We think it's a beautiful resort, and the CMs so friendly. They were especially nice to my DD with the pin trading.

HATE? You HATE the WL? But why? Have you ever stayed there?

Don't forget that they're only suspending the monorail AFTER PM EMH. Were you going to be out that late with a your two little ones? I understand why you're upset and I would be too if we went to PM EMH, but we never do. In fact, I avoid the parks that have EMH since they're more crowded than the non-EMH parks.

Are you still seriously considering switching? At least you'd have the MK walkway if you stayed at CR or BLT...

Kaffinito: Are you still going without DH? Do you think he'll ever go again?

Last night, DH announced that we should add the DxDP to the first five nights at WL. I was really excited at first and then reality hit. I actually changed all the ADRs last night because we're arriving in two weeks and I thought I wouldn't be able to get that many "last minute" ADRs added. Fast forward to this morning and I was having second thoughts. Well, actually I had the second thoughts at around 0300 when I awakened wondering how the DxDP AND CL would actually work. I never did add it so I had nothing to change today (except all those ADRs back to what they were:upsidedow).

I ran the numbers on what we were actually going to eat on a typical day and compared it with the cost of the DxDP and came to the conclusion that it wasn't advantageous. We'd just end-up being overly full, overly scheduled or both.

Ever since they dropped the appetizer and tip from the DDP, we never again got it. I also get 20% off all TS and drinks with the TIW so that's another reason for us not to get it. Plus we don't need the snacks and mugs if we're staying CL. Maybe we'll consider it again in the future after our APs expire in August. I've considered getting the Premium Package next year for our 25th anniversary and I think that includes the DxDP. But, I'm sure that thought will change many times in the next year;)

First, we had a HORRIBLE experience at the WL that started with us being downgraded at check-in without mention which resulted in me lugging a tired and over stimulated ASD/ADHD child back and forth to the front desk a few times and being stuck without a working key and DxDDP credits for a while and ended with bugs in our room on the morning we left to switch back to Pop. I also couldn't be refunded for the difference of room costs while on property. I had to wait until I was home again and call them to have everything worked out. Even after writing to Guest Services they only offered a $100 refund. I've seen people get way more for complaining about way less (not that I'm saying I deserved more than I was given or that others deserved less than they've received. It's just an observation). I've posted my story on this thread but it was pretty far back. I'll see if I can find it again.

Second, I thought they were closing it one hour after park closing which would make it closed for EMH. If it isn't closed for EMH then no big, but if it is it could be quite problematic for our ADR and park touring plans. Lilyana is quite the night owl. Actually, she just went to sleep! :eek:

Third, I say it would be WAY too much food. ::yes:: We did DxDDP for 6 nights WITHOUT CL and it was too much. We were either eating or en route to a restaurant. It was major overload!

Okay I think I addressed everything now lol

Second, I though

Morning All!

Hope everyone had a restful weekend...looks like I need to go back and catch up!!

Does anyone recognize this resort?.... Soooooo beautiful and peaceful in the early morning just when the sun's about to rise. Wish I were back!!!!

DSC_3144.jpg

:surfweb:
Heather

Good morning, Heather! Is it FTW? What a beautiful photo and serene setting! Wish I were jogging there this morning...

Think I'm all caught up now!!!

Disneydreamin24...wow! A change!? ;) Do you think the monorail closing will be that bad? I'm not sure...haven't read in detail about what's going on. But, if it closes 1 hour after EMH, then it shouldn't be too bad, right? I can understand why you would not like the WL if you had a horrible experience...maybe give it a 2nd try. DH loves that resort...his favorite, really. Did you ever write Disney and tell them what happened?

You're correct in saying that October is a GREAT time to go!!!! One of the waiters at Citricos told us that October use to be empty years ago, and now...it's becoming the 'favorite' time of year to go...always tons of people he says.

kaffinito...you are so right! TPV at the Poly can't be beat!! And yes...we did the DxDP with CL:laughing: Crazy, right??!!:laughing: I'm one of those weird people who didn't do CL for the food. I basically wanted the location of the Hawaii Longhouse, a certain view, turndown service, drinks whenever needed;), assistance w/ ADRs, and breakfast in the morning....it was totally a convenience thing for us. We rarely do QS...and usually do at least 1 Signature a day (that eats up our credits) We also like having everything paid for in advance.....HOWEVER.....if I had a TIW card, the DxDP would not be necessary at all. But you can only have one if you're an AP holder, right? :confused3

WDWKOOK....did you get all that??!;) You're doing the right thing with just using your TIW card...no need, really, for a dining plan. And I'm not sure why WL doesn't have specific views??!!:confused3 I didn't realize until our last WL stay that when you book a Courtyard View... rooms offer a view of the courtyard of The Villas, a pool, waterfall or the lake. I just always assummed that it would be a courtyard view which in turn views the lake...I was wrong! We ended up getting a view of the villas, but I had us changed to lake view....makes no sense, really. A view of a villa vs. a lake should be cheaper. Who knows?!:confused: By the way...DH is very interested in our new find....WL CL Deluxe room...THAT SLEEPS 5!!! Please take careful notes and let us know how it compares to the Poly CL:laughing:

And yes, that picture was made at FW...a new favorite of ours.....and good grief...how many favorites do I have??!!! I think I say that about each resort...except AsMo...which wasn't bad at all...just not my fav.

CRRF4L...you should give the GF a try;)...who knows?...ya might like it! It's a beautiful resort, as you know, and has fantastic views.

Heather :surfweb:

I found my old post!
Well, our WL experience went like this. Booked a Courtyard View bunk bed room. Checked in, go to our room. No bunk beds. They DOWNGRADED US! No notice, no refund, no nothing. Now I have an overstimulated 5yr old with ADHD/ASD that I have to drag back down to the desk to sort this out....by myself. Yeah, that was fun! So they say to us well do you want to keep that room or move to another room? I said honestly I want to go back to Pop! This was just an immediate turn off for me, as I wasn't keen on the resort to begin with. They get us in at Pop, but I have to spend 2 nights at WL as Pop is booked for the next 2 nights. I figured we'd make the best of it. They give us a new key (for what reason I really have NO idea since we kept the same room) and we go back up. The new keys don't work. Awesome! I convince a mousekeeper to let me in the room and we take a rest. I called the "front desk" and ask to be transferred to the real front desk because my new key doesn't work in my door. They say they'll have someone bring it up right away. Right away turns into 2 hours so I head back down to pick up a new key before we get something to eat. They give me yet another key and w head to Roaring Forks. We go to pay and now our DDP credits aren't on our keys. NEVER AGAIN!!! Then we had a broken tub, and the culmination of our trip was the morning we went back to Pop, we went down to get breakfast and bring it to our room. As I'm cutting up DS' food I notice our table is COVERED in little black bugs. That was when I threw my fit, told DS to pack up, and got the heck out of there as fast as my stumpy legs would carry me.

Hello fellow resort changers :wave2:.

WDWKOOK suggested I come over to this thread as I admitted over on the CL thread that I, too, am a resort changer :laughing:. We have been going to Disney since 2001 and I have never changed resorts for any trip......until I booked our trip for December 2010 :rolleyes:. I was down in January for a girls weekend and booked a BB......only to come home and start second guessing the resort I chose and I ended up changing ALOT before I finally decided about 2 months out what to stick with :upsidedow. Then after returning home from that trip, I received a pin code and booked for this December.....and you guessed it......the resort changing started up again :rotfl: :rotfl:. I originally booked WL CL......only to switch to GF SL......which then turned to Poly GV......which (as of right now), is Poly GV CL :rolleyes1. I must say, though, that one of the reasons for me changing to the Poly is we just LOVE the resort :lovestruc. We've only stayed there one time, but that was enough to get us hooked :goodvibes. The GF is a great resort and my DH and both DSs thought it was a nice resort and would stay there again, but the Poly is their fav and asked if I would change :rolleyes1. So there is it.......we are now booked for Poly GV CL, although after seeing all the great view pics over on the CL thread, I am considering looking into switching to LV CL :laughing:.

kaffinito.....I know exactly what you mean about missing the Poly to stay somewhere else. When we stayed at the GF this past December, we ate at Ohana and the minute we walked into the Poly lobby, I missed it!!!! The GF is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly that gets us......I love the smell of the lobby and the beautiful tropical surroundings :goodvibes. In December, we stayed 2 nights at AKL prior to checking into the GF and I didn't find myself missing the Poly all that much for those 2 days......but then again we did AK 1 day and didn't really get to the MK area until we changed resorts.....so that probably had something to do with it :confused3.

hstrickland.....We tried the DlxDDP on our last trip and LOVED it!!!! But with CL I'm wondering if it will be too much :confused:. I didn't book CL for assistance with planning or anything like that......I have just wanted to try the CL there and I like the location of the Hawaii building......being right there by the volcano pool and beach ;). Plus as far as the dining plan, I like having everything paid for ahead of time. I know my oldest DS won't get too much out of the food offerings as he's pretty picky; but the rest of us might....at least for snacking and drinks :). But I'm having a hard time downgrading the DlxDDP to regular DDP because we really liked the deluxe plan :sad2:. Would you do DlxDDP with CL again or was it really way too much and not something you would consider again???

Guess what I did today...yup, I called and harassed a lovely cm at cro. If Ds wants to we can change the Poly portion of our trip to WL CL but it will only save us around $200. That doesn't exactly seem worthwhile to me.

Morin’
Heather … gorgeous photo as usual! So peaceful to look at on this Monday AM. Wish I were there!

Morning All!

Hope everyone had a restful weekend...looks like I need to go back and catch up!!

Does anyone recognize this resort?.... Soooooo beautiful and peaceful in the early morning just when the sun's about to rise. Wish I were back!!!!

DSC_3144.jpg

:surfweb:
Heather

Guess what I did today...yup, I called and harassed a lovely cm at cro. If Ds wants to we can change the Poly portion of our trip to WL CL but it will only save us around $200. That doesn't exactly seem worthwhile to me.

Good grief, that was one bad experience! I don’t blame you in the least for not liking WL after that fiasco. It’s a shame because they could have turned it around into a positive stay for you. It’s not so much that something wrong happens it’s how it’s dealt with. I hope someday (maybe after their refurb) you give it another try. Hope POP was great:)

SO .... My vote is no! After your past issues with the resort, I think you will end up really missing the POLY -- plus you do have a much bigger room and the convenience of the monorail with the kids.

kaffinito...you are so right! TPV at the Poly can't be beat!! And yes...we did the DxDP with CL:laughing: Crazy, right??!!:laughing: I'm one of those weird people who didn't do CL for the food. I basically wanted the location of the Hawaii Longhouse, a certain view, turndown service, drinks whenever needed;), assistance w/ ADRs, and breakfast in the morning....it was totally a convenience thing for us. We rarely do QS...and usually do at least 1 Signature a day (that eats up our credits) We also like having everything paid for in advance.....HOWEVER.....if I had a TIW card, the DxDP would not be necessary at all. But you can only have one if you're an AP holder, right? :confused3

WDWKOOK....did you get all that??!;) You're doing the right thing with just using your TIW card...no need, really, for a dining plan. And I'm not sure why WL doesn't have specific views??!!:confused3 I didn't realize until our last WL stay that when you book a Courtyard View... rooms offer a view of the courtyard of The Villas, a pool, waterfall or the lake. I just always assummed that it would be a courtyard view which in turn views the lake...I was wrong! We ended up getting a view of the villas, but I had us changed to lake view....makes no sense, really. A view of a villa vs. a lake should be cheaper. Who knows?!:confused: By the way...DH is very interested in our new find....WL CL Deluxe room...THAT SLEEPS 5!!! Please take careful notes and let us know how it compares to the Poly CL:laughing:
Well, the TIW can be used for your entire party (one bill), so no need to purchase more than one.

Since this will be my second CL stay at WL, I will certainly be comparing it to the first stay (Christmas) and since I'll be staying CL for the first time at the Poly, I'll also be comparing it to that (and YC and the CR). I will be brutally honest - so watch out!

I found my old post!
I see where you're coming from. I've had similar billing/room/resort issues once before at WDW. But, it didn't keep me from eventually going back and trying the resorts again.

I will say that for the CR I had an incentive to return in that the Mgr. personally contacted me when I got home (after writing a long email) and strongly encouraged me to give them the opportunity to make it up to me. They did, and I've been back several times since. Now, the Poly didn't offer anything and left a bad taste in my mouth, but we're going to give CL a try. I, like Heather, recommend giving the WL one more try. If it's really that bad again, you can always go down to the front desk and switch resorts like I've done.

BTW, what's the reason you're thinking of changing from the Poly? Is it only because of the discontinuation of the monorail after PM EMH is over?

WDWKOOK suggested I come over to this thread as I admitted over on the CL thread that I, too, am a resort changer :laughing:. We have been going to Disney since 2001 and I have never changed resorts for any trip......until I booked our trip for December 2010 :rolleyes:. I was down in January for a girls weekend and booked a BB......only to come home and start second guessing the resort I chose and I ended up changing ALOT before I finally decided about 2 months out what to stick with :upsidedow. Then after returning home from that trip, I received a pin code and booked for this December.....and you guessed it......the resort changing started up again :rotfl: :rotfl:. I originally booked WL CL......only to switch to GF SL......which then turned to Poly GV......which (as of right now), is Poly GV CL :rolleyes1. I must say, though, that one of the reasons for me changing to the Poly is we just LOVE the resort :lovestruc. We've only stayed there one time, but that was enough to get us hooked :goodvibes. The GF is a great resort and my DH and both DSs thought it was a nice resort and would stay there again, but the Poly is their fav and asked if I would change :rolleyes1. So there is it.......we are now booked for Poly GV CL, although after seeing all the great view pics over on the CL thread, I am considering looking into switching to LV CL :laughing:.

Glad you found us, mickeynut - you fit right in:thumbsup2. Looks like we're both still booked Poly/GV/CL:). With less than two weeks until we check-in, I think I'm done making anymore changes, but you have plenty of time to make more;). Have you considered a split stay?

LV is stunning, but it's almost $150 more per day Vs. GV and I figure we can see the LV anytime from the lounge.

Tell us again why you want to change and what other resorts are you considering? Are you comparing Poly CL to WL CL? It's only a $200 difference? For how many nights?

Mickeynut1...The Hawaii building was one of the main reasons for our CL stay...very, very convenient to the pool and GCH...not to mention the beach and great view we had. I would certainly do DxDP and CL again...because we go to places that require 2TS credits, the regular dining plan doesn't work for us. CL is basically a convenience thing for us...not the food offerings at night. And is it tons of food?? YES:laughing: We're ridiculous, aren't we?! Honestly, our trips revolve around our TSs...I know that sounds silly to most.....just how we travel:confused3

Disneydreamin24....$200 doesn't sound like that much...and if you're second guessing the WL, you might just want to stay put;) After looking at the monorail closing, it doesn't appear that it should affect you that much...an hour should be plenty of time to get back to the Poly/GF....I think:confused3 Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

Heather

Just my two cents, but there is nothing wrong with staying value and saving the money. But if you're going with deluxe, then WL or AKL are definitely the most affordable choices! :)

Like Kaffinito said, for the money the POP is terrific. I love the feel and energy of it. It's a win-win, you just don't save money, you have a great time - it is a really fun resort, with great CMs.:hippie:
I don't think there is anything wrong with staying at a value, I just would rather stay at a deluxe.:lmao: Honestly, the only reason is the private balcony. If the values had them, I would always stay at a value. On our last trip, we stayed at the WL. I looked forward to the end of the day, when my DH and I would sit on the balcony, drink coffee, and talk about what we were going to do the next day.

I am all for the WL and their CTYD views are amazing:

IMG_0567-1.jpg

IMG_0565-1.jpg
Thanks for posting those beautiful pics!! I would love to have that view. The main reason is that I want to watch the EP while DH and I sit on the balcony as the kids are going off to sleep.

Last night, DH announced that we should add the DxDP to the first five nights at WL. I was really excited at first and then reality hit. I actually changed all the ADRs last night because we're arriving in two weeks and I thought I wouldn't be able to get that many "last minute" ADRs added. Fast forward to this morning and I was having second thoughts. Well, actually I had the second thoughts at around 0300 when I awakened wondering how the DxDP AND CL would actually work. I never did add it so I had nothing to change today (except all those ADRs back to what they were:upsidedow).

I ran the numbers on what we were actually going to eat on a typical day and compared it with the cost of the DxDP and came to the conclusion that it wasn't advantageous. We'd just end-up being overly full, overly scheduled or both.

Ever since they dropped the appetizer and tip from the DDP, we never again got it. I also get 20% off all TS and drinks with the TIW so that's another reason for us not to get it. Plus we don't need the snacks and mugs if we're staying CL. Maybe we'll consider it again in the future after our APs expire in August. I've considered getting the Premium Package next year for our 25th anniversary and I think that includes the DxDP. But, I'm sure that thought will change many times in the next year;)

I am planning on doing the DlxDDP on our next trip. There are a few reasons. I want to have all the food prepayed for. Then, I know that it is going to be probably too much food, but I like the idea of the breaks from the FL heat. Plus there are just so many TSs that I want to try this trip, we would have to do the DlxDDP to fit them all in. Then there are several 2 credit places that I would love to try. I do think that if your staying at CL that the DlxDDP is too much. Unless, you were doing a lot of 2 credit meals.

kaffinito.....I know exactly what you mean about missing the Poly to stay somewhere else. When we stayed at the GF this past December, we ate at Ohana and the minute we walked into the Poly lobby, I missed it!!!! The GF is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly that gets us......I love the smell of the lobby and the beautiful tropical surroundings :goodvibes. In December, we stayed 2 nights at AKL prior to checking into the GF and I didn't find myself missing the Poly all that much for those 2 days......but then again we did AK 1 day and didn't really get to the MK area until we changed resorts.....so that probably had something to do with it :confused3.

hstrickland.....We tried the DlxDDP on our last trip and LOVED it!!!! But with CL I'm wondering if it will be too much :confused:. I didn't book CL for assistance with planning or anything like that......I have just wanted to try the CL there and I like the location of the Hawaii building......being right there by the volcano pool and beach ;). Plus as far as the dining plan, I like having everything paid for ahead of time. I know my oldest DS won't get too much out of the food offerings as he's pretty picky; but the rest of us might....at least for snacking and drinks :). But I'm having a hard time downgrading the DlxDDP to regular DDP because we really liked the deluxe plan :sad2:. Would you do DlxDDP with CL again or was it really way too much and not something you would consider again???

:welcome: I'm pretty new to this thread, but it has helped make me feel less crazy. Some days, I am 100% set on one resort and by that night I don't want to stay there but at another one.

I'm sorry you had a not-so-great stay at the WL :(. We've had 2 stays there and never had any problems, but it would be hard for me to try it again if I had the experience you did. We love the WL, but we do love the Poly more :lovestruc.

Glad you found us, mickeynut - you fit right in:thumbsup2. Looks like we're both still booked Poly/GV/CL:). With less than two weeks until we check-in, I think I'm done making anymore changes, but you have plenty of time to make more;). Have you considered a split stay?

LV is stunning, but it's almost $150 more per day Vs. GV and I figure we can see the LV anytime from the lounge.

Thanks :goodvibes. I was thinking the same thing about LV......I was wondering if the extra cost would be worth it being those views can be seen from the lounge :confused3. As of right now, I'm done making changes......I think :laughing:. As far as a split stay......we did a split stay this past December and didn't care for it; but then again, we were only there 6 nights (2/4 split). If it was a longer trip, I would definitely do a split ;). This year is only going to be 5 nights right before Christmas due to Christmas vacation not starting until 12/22.....my 2 are in high school so we're limited when we can go so they don't miss too many days :sad2:. Plus they want to be home for Christmas, so that cuts into the trip too :rolleyes1.

hstrickland.....Thanks for your input :). Believe it or not, our trips revolve around TS too ;). I thought we were the only ones who looked forward to where we were eating :laughing:. I make our ADRs and we just work our days around that when we're there. We tried 2 signatures in December and now we're hooked......that's what is making me think twice about downgrading from DlxDDP to DDP :confused:. My DS16 keeps telling me to keep the deluxe plan......but then he's my steak loving kid who loves his filet :rotfl: :rotfl:. I could probably make a meal out of the club offerings at night, but that wouldn't work for DH and DSs.....they need an actual meal :goodvibes. Our first Poly stay (and only one so far) was in Samoa so we got to experience being right there by the volcano pool, not to mention being just steps from everything else :thumbsup2. Right before I changed from GV to GV CL, I told DH we could request Samoa again but there was no guarantee.....but booking CL would guarantee being right there :wizard:.

:welcome: I'm pretty new to this thread, but it has helped make me feel less crazy. Some days, I am 100% set on one resort and by that night I don't want to stay there but at another one.

Thanks :goodvibes. I know exactly what you mean......I pick a resort and then my mind starts wandering and I start thinking of switching :laughing:. My DH and DSs aren't much help as they are pretty much ok with anything I choose....although my DS16 did voice his opinion for our upcoming December trip and asked me to switch from the GF to the Poly :rolleyes1.

Once you try the TPV you won't want another kind of view. :goodvibes I only had a partial TPV and was blown away by it. And I'm not a view/balcony person either. :)
DH says he always wanted to stay there. HELLO, couldn't he have told me that last year!!! I have to say I am SO glad he's excited. He talks about it every day. And he thinks TPV is very cool. At first he said why not GV since we have the lounge...but I tempted him with the bathrobe/coffee staring at the castle from the room...SOLD! We can hop on the monorail and visit each other (I was told we can have guests in the CL lounge by the CM-could this be a spot for our meet????) RCs invade the Poly:rotfl:

I just noticed we're going to need a new home soon! I can't believe how quickly we reached our limit. Guess we're just a chatty bunch!
Your kids are adorable missy. I just want to squeeze every one of them!!!

I do love the idea of the resorts but I don't think I love them as much if I'm being hoarded onto a bus for EMH. :rolleyes:
This couldn't have come at a worse time, as my parents started talking about not going yesterday. If they don't go AND the monorail service is cut I don't think I will be going either.
I hope everyone goes! I don't like the idea of you and your kiddos AND stroller on a bus by yourself. I know you can do it, but I don't want you too. I think we'll be OK with the monorail and boats.
So we are starting a new thread soon?

And I feel the same about your kiddos!!!

Thank you for the extra cute pool picture (or should I say water feature?)I love how all your children have their own pools:snooty:. Keep those photos coming, oh, and I love :cat: photos too, so if any of you have those...popcorn::
Our water feature ;) is a HUGE hit here! G-pa has the big pool. DS 10 was there all week, they also have 9 cats...so I get cute kitty pics sometimes....I will be more than happy to pass it on.I am a little nervous about the Poly pool being crowded, but it's all good. I just wanna swim at the GF....I'll be the crazy lady in December swimming. Can you picture it:laughing: Your trip is so close. AWESOME!!!!!!
First to Pas130 - your kiddos are the cutest!! Love, love the matching swimsuits on the girls and your boys are so darn handsome:goodvibes

And congrats on your change to Poly TPV CL!! :dance3: :dance3: I can only imagine how excited you must be!!

Thank you! My kiddos are so much fun.I have new suits for our trip too:woohoo: I have never stayed at any of the monorail resorts. I did have a ressie at GF, and I have to say it's my first choice....but my DH has been trying to avoid Disney this trip AND if he's happy I am so jazzed. He told me he has ALWAYS loved the Poly, and he can't think of a better place to stay. He also likes the CL idea, we did AKL CL last year and we felt like royalty:cloud9: The pools there ARE great. I was thinking of going back.....but I have to be near castle:rotfl:

mickeynut1 and letthewookiewin :wave2: and :welcome: I used to be much more active on this thread, but between work and playing with the kiddos I've missed my RC family:grouphug: This is an awesome group of people here!

Thanks :goodvibes. I know exactly what you mean......I pick a resort and then my mind starts wandering and I start thinking of switching :laughing:. My DH and DSs aren't much help as they are pretty much ok with anything I choose....although my DS16 did voice his opinion for our upcoming December trip and asked me to switch from the GF to the Poly :rolleyes1.

That's how my guys are as well. Well as long as they don't feel it's "too girly". The only resorts they have called "too girly" so far is the GF and the new Royal rooms at the POR. I am sure, though, they would stay there if that was the only option. The only resort my DH said is totally off the list is the BC. The clown slide at Stormalong scares him.

DH says he always wanted to stay there. HELLO, couldn't he have told me that last year!!! I have to say I am SO glad he's excited. He talks about it every day. And he thinks TPV is very cool. At first he said why not GV since we have the lounge...but I tempted him with the bathrobe/coffee staring at the castle from the room...SOLD! We can hop on the monorail and visit each other (I was told we can have guests in the CL lounge by the CM-could this be a spot for our meet????) RCs invade the Poly:rotfl:

I just wanna swim at the GF....I'll be the crazy lady in December swimming. Can you picture it:laughing:

I have never stayed at any of the monorail resorts. I did have a ressie at GF, and I have to say it's my first choice....but my DH has been trying to avoid Disney this trip AND if he's happy I am so jazzed. He told me he has ALWAYS loved the Poly, and he can't think of a better place to stay. He also likes the CL idea, we did AKL CL last year and we felt like royalty:cloud9: The pools there ARE great. I was thinking of going back.....but I have to be near castle:rotfl:

mickeynut1 and letthewookiewin :wave2: and :welcome: I used to be much more active on this thread, but between work and playing with the kiddos I've missed my RC family:grouphug: This is an awesome group of people here!

Thanks for the welcome :goodvibes. On our trip this past December, we got lucky and were able to swim :thumbsup2. I wasn't expecting to be able to, but I took swimsuits just in case.....and we had at least 2 days out of the 4 at the GF where we swam ;). The temps actually got into the 80s :beach:. You will love being on the monorail ::yes::. We love the MK area and have had 2 great stays at the WL, but once we tried a monorail resort, we got hooked :goodvibes. There's just something about being right there and having great views of the castle :wizard:.

That's how my guys are as well. Well as long as they don't feel it's "too girly". The only resorts they have called "too girly" so far is the GF and the new Royal rooms at the POR. I am sure, though, they would stay there if that was the only option. The only resort my DH said is totally off the list is the BC. The clown slide at Stormalong scares him.

Yeah, the GF does have a "girly" theme to it with it being victorian, so I can see how guys might not like it. I do like the GF myself, but I think I like the Poly more......there's just something about the tropical atmosphere that I like more than the victorian theming :).

The clown slide is at Boardwalk. Don't know if that matters with your resort decision. Stormalong has a ship slide and a lazy river area. Beach Club decor was "too fancy" for my DH, probably why GF doesn't appeal much too him.

Thanks for the welcome :goodvibes. On our trip this past December, we got lucky and were able to swim :thumbsup2. I wasn't expecting to be able to, but I took swimsuits just in case.....and we had at least 2 days out of the 4 at the GF where we swam ;). The temps actually got into the 80s :beach:. You will love being on the monorail ::yes::. We love the MK area and have had 2 great stays at the WL, but once we tried a monorail resort, we got hooked :goodvibes. There's just something about being right there and having great views of the castle :wizard:.

I picture myself in the pool in 60 Degree weather, you're right I may get lucky...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter