Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

Evening RCers!
Busy, busy day for me meant no time for DISing ... But ... today was my "friday" as I'm off the rest of the week :woohoo::woohoo:

All this POLY talk has me wishing a teensy bit that I have the flexibility to change. Oh well, I can live vicarously thru all of you!!

And "welcome" to MickeyNut1!! As you have seen, this is a great group of people. Glad to have you along!

MAGIC: Yes, being able to pick and choose the day(s) and plan(s) is a great option when staying on points. And, changing it up is what it's all about, right??? :rotfl2:

letthewookiewin: That's some choice for you, WL or POP with that savings .... hmmm. I love POP, but we are 4 people and I wanted something different... and I gave up FD too. Would you consider POR, boat to DTD and newly refurbed?? I don't know the price difference, but you would have queens too.

To all -- re the coffee thing ... can't relate, hate the stuff but love the smell :)

We had a WV room on the third floor, near the otter pond, facing the MK. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks through the trees. We would put the DSs to bed and sit watch the fireworks. Then after the fireworks were done, we would talk and listen to the sounds of the woods. It was really nice. I would love to just wander the resort, but DH didn't want to leave the DS in the room asleep alone. Plus he said that he didn't enough walking in the parks.:lmao:

It really was. It's one of the reasons that I want to stay at the WL again. I just wonder if I would like a CV room as much. What I like the most about the WV was how quiet it was. Well except for the one night where a lady talked on her cell phone on the balcony for 30 minutes and I swear she was talking through a blowhorn. The thinking behind the CV is to see the EP from the balcony. I just wonder if people milling around the courtyard will make it too loud for my liking.

Yes, the WL is very peaceful ... and funny, I had a balcony for the first time and rarely spent anytime on it. Go figure. I love to walk around the resort too, especially first thing in the morning.

I agree 100%. When we stayed at the WL in October 2006, the CM's were so wonderful!! They just felt like old friends.

:thumbsup2

disneydreamin247: Glad you are staying put ... I think it will be good for you to have the convenience, in the event your parents don't come (is that definite?)

stepdisney: Glad to hear you love Kidani so much ... I can't wait to get there and see it for myself :)

Hi Kaffinito, Minnie&Nana, Pas130, Hannah, Heather and WDWKOOK and anyone else I've missed!

Janet

Morin' All!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! I'm off for a couple of days (with no internet :scared1:) Be back Sunday :)

Don't make too many changes or I might have a hard time catching up :rotfl2:

Be safe!

Heather - What, no more pix of the day?? I've missed my morning "treat"! Hope all is well :goodvibes

Take care.
Janet

Happy Wednesday! I've got to go back and catch-up with all you night owls - HA, but until then, in case Heather doesn't post a mouthwatering resort photo...

sae183838SMALL.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing all the other SHAG 40th anniversary merchandise.

Have fun, Janet:wave:

Morning All!!

Janet...you crack me up!! Here ya go....

DSC_1066.jpg

Now I've got to go back and read...need to make sure WDWKOOK and Disneydreamin haven't made any more changes!!:rolleyes1

Heather:surfweb:

Yes! It's a mouthwatering resort photo! You picked the perfect resort to post, too - thanks, Heather. Must be the only time of the day that wristbands aren't needed and you can get a chair, but alas, no Lapu Lapu...

Speaking of drinks, do they do an early bird beverage service in the lounge with coffee and juice before the official 0700 opening? I like a spot of OJ before jogging.

Yes! It's a mouthwatering resort photo! You picked the perfect resort to post, too - thanks, Heather. Must be the only time of the day that wristbands aren't needed and you can get a chair, but alas, no Lapu Lapu...

Speaking of drinks, do they do an early bird beverage service in the lounge with coffee and juice before the official 0700 opening? I like a spot of OJ before jogging.

That pic was just for you;) If I remember correctly, we were in there before 7am one morning...the juice and milk were already out, and they were setting up the rest of the food. Not sure, though, if they officially have juice out before 7am....do you drink OJ before you run?? I usually drink black coffee...gives me a boost!

That pic was just for you;) If I remember correctly, we were in there before 7am one morning...the juice and milk were already out, and they were setting up the rest of the food. Not sure, though, if they officially have juice out before 7am....do you drink OJ before you run?? I usually drink black coffee...gives me a boost!

I drink Diet coke, but of course I am not running :)

Thanks Heather and KOOK - great pix!! This "fix" will have to tide me over til Sunday.

Evening RCers!
Busy, busy day for me meant no time for DISing ... But ... today was my "friday" as I'm off the rest of the week :woohoo::woohoo:

All this POLY talk has me wishing a teensy bit that I have the flexibility to change. Oh well, I can live vicarously thru all of you!!

And "welcome" to MickeyNut1!! As you have seen, this is a great group of people. Glad to have you along!

Janet

Yay for yesterday being your Friday......enjoy your week off :yay:. Thanks for the nice welcome :). I agree.....this is a great group of people :flower3:.

I LOVE the juice that is served at Ohana for breakfast :). Is that served in the Poly lounge? I can never get enough of it when we have breakfast at Ohana.....it is sooo good :goodvibes.

pas130 I'm all in favor of drinks! You aren't paying though, missy. My treat! I think we are going to just stay put. I told them I want their final decision. If they aren't coming I'm going to try to downgrade from CL since I'm not sure how much I would use the lounge this year. Next year it's CL or bust
Well we know where we will eat, now we get to fight over the check:lmao: I hear you about CL, I figure I'm gonna get my Princess on this trip...But if I downgrade to a regular TPV room, I could have a cabana day too:lovestruc

Yikes! I had forgotten about the little ones. No patio for sure! When I took DN 5 there, I requested second floor so I wouldn't have to worry about him escaping. I had a great view of Wishes from the bed. :goodvibes

You better watch out that your DH doesn't horn in! :wizard:
I know! He's trying.....My little ones are tall and smart enough to unlock and open just about ANYTHING...DH is a light sleeper thank goodness:confused3

Thanks, it's much better now. I found some more medicine. It was 183/120. I'm glad you did. For some reason that day, I had it stuck in my head that Stormalong Bay = creepy clown slide.

You should be fine. Aren't the pool heated?:lmao:
I'm sorry, I just laugh anytime I read about the "heated water". We went to TL on our trip in March 2004. The only day we had planned to go there was the day we arrived, and we were going no matter how chilly it seemed outside. We ended up having to leave b/c our youngest DS (5 at the time) had blue lips, and was shaking so badly that he had to be carried. As we were walking out, a CM noticed the blood on my leg. It got bloody from diving in the wave pool to save the youngest DS from hitting his head when a wave knocked him over in shallow water. The CM said it was 60F. Then when we were at the WL in October 2006, the water seemed really cold. We didn't stay in the water long, though. The youngest DS was freaked out by the duck landing in the pool. He kept yelling, "this isn't a pool, it's a duck toilet."
That's horrible, I can picture your little guy and his blue lips, and you didn't notice you got hurt helping him...:hug: Please be careful with that Blood pressure....Especially with those headaches.....OK nurse hat off, RC hat back on. I thought about that too with POP...I can't imagine my kiddos sharing a double, they are crazy sleepers. DS 10 has a double bed here at home, and he's all over the place:laughing:

Uh oh. I feel a new RC change coming on...
Dun,dun,dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Okay, my DSis is staying off site. It's official. I think that I scared her away by all of the choices....only there are more choices outside than in. Anywho....we decided that we will stay at the YC even though DH is still talking about "more room." Since my Dsis will be staying at WH in a 2br, we can always go visit if we want more room. (Crisis avoided). I really didn't want OKW....even though I love the way they changed the rooms. Maybe next year.......already making changes for next year....can't believe it. My DSiL and family will not be coming this year but they have already booked Kidani for next year. I'm thinking we could do a great big Grand Gathering at Kidani....(My favorite resort so far) I'm a BIG AKL fan but we can't stay in a regular room anymore. My DS's are too tall to share the bed. So....Maybe Jambo/Kidani/OKW for next year.....:sick:
Another vote for Kidani:thumbsup2 Jambo has nice suites, but DH had a ministroke when he saw our statement for the day I added at rack rate (we had a free upgrade and I couldn't bear to leave)

Thanks.....it's nice to be in company who totally understands the craziness :lmao:. My DH and both DSs just shake their heads whenever I ask questions about resorts and where to stay......and they just laugh when I tell them I changed once again :rotfl: :rotfl:.
I was talking about resorts last night with DS, he really wants to stay at ASSp...my DH was like, don't get Mommy started....:rolleyes:

Hi Kaffinito, Minnie&Nana, Pas130, Hannah, Heather and WDWKOOK and anyone else I've missed!
Hi back at ya!!!!You will LOVE Kidani:goodvibes
Morning All!!
Now I've got to go back and read...need to make sure WDWKOOK and Disneydreamin haven't made any more changes!!:rolleyes1
Janet said exactly what we were all wondering this morning!!!Thanks for the pic Heather!!!!
:rotfl: Sounds like me! Give me my diet soda and no one gets hurt. ;)

Coke Zero...............................yum!

WDWKOOK I love the retro stuff:)

Oh, good. At the WL they had the lounge closed, but just outside of it they had a table with OJ and coffee at around 0630.

Yep, some caffeine can be good for you before exercising, however, a study I saw recently suggested that drinking coffee just before a workout might not be the best idea. Here's the part of the piece I read:

The Journal of the American College of Cardiology reports that the amount of caffeine in just two cups of coffee limits the body's ability to increase blood flow to the heart during exercise. This is problematic since blood flow to the heart must increase during exercise in order to meet the body's higher demand for oxygen and nutrients. While caffeine is a stimulant, and previous studies suggest that it may enhance athletic performance, this study suggests the opposite. Caffeine does stimulate the brain, increasing awareness and concentration. Athletes who ingest caffeine before performing may feel that they are enhancing performance, but these researchers suggest that the athletes are simply more alert, awake and focused.

Unless you're a cardiac patient or running at high altitudes it shouldn't really be a problem or if you're only drinking a cup of coffee. But my heart/nervous system is really sensitive to caffeine anyway so a little goes a long way with me. So if I had to choose for myself, I'd go with the OJ since it gets my blood sugar up a little.

Yay for yesterday being your Friday......enjoy your week off :yay:. Thanks for the nice welcome :). I agree.....this is a great group of people :flower3:.

I LOVE the juice that is served at Ohana for breakfast :). Is that served in the Poly lounge? I can never get enough of it when we have breakfast at Ohana.....it is sooo good :goodvibes.

In the Poly lounge they offer an orange/guava/passion fruit in the afternoon. However, I looked at the lounge photos from breakfast and I only see OJ and cranberry. They also have an "adult" punch from 5-8.

WDWKOOK I love the retro stuff:)
I do too:goodvibes. I'm eager to see what they have. I think I'll need the 40th anniversary retro cell case;). I hope it fits the iPhone4:hyper:
attachment.php

pas130: Did you re-re-re-request your milk from the Poly IPO since they aren't the same crew as the GF IPO?

Couldn't help it. Changed again. Officially certifiable. Just off the phone with CM........Now..............
GF TPV RPC:cool1:

My DH is going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The princesses are so happy:dance3:

I was talking about resorts last night with DS, he really wants to stay at ASSp...my DH was like, don't get Mommy started....:rolleyes:

How funny :laughing:. My boys suggest different resorts just to get me started :rolleyes1. Up until last year I NEVER made changes.....once I was booked, that was it......I never gave it another thought. But something got into me last year for our December 2010 trip :confused3. The joke around our house was that Disney was going to block our phone number because I was calling so much :rotfl: :rotfl:.

In the Poly lounge they offer an orange/guava/passion fruit in the afternoon. However, I looked at the lounge photos from breakfast and I only see OJ and cranberry. They also have an "adult" punch from 5-8.

Couldn't help it. Changed again. Officially certifiable. Just off the phone with CM........Now..............

My DH is going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The princesses are so happy:dance3:

What a great change :thumbsup2. I've never stayed TPV, but I LOVE RPC :love:. I tried talking DS into that for December, but he's not budging off of Poly :sad2:. I do love my Poly and I am soooo very excited to try CL there, but there is also something about the GF.....and being in RPC :cloud9:.

I'm off in a minute to take DD to volleyball camp, but I just have to say this was unexpected. I thought DH LOVED the Poly idea and wanted to stay there and DH was the one who made you cancel RPC before or was that the Poly suite? Weren't you booked RPC in a suite or am I totally lost with all these changes:rotfl: I'm not judging you at all! Who am I to judge seeing that I changed back and forth from WL and Poly several times. I just want to make sure this is what you and DH really want. The girls sound really excited! I'm happy for you! What room type did you book?

Gotta run...

How funny :laughing:. My boys suggest different resorts just to get me started :rolleyes1. Up until last year I NEVER made changes.....once I was booked, that was it......I never gave it another thought. But something got into me last year for our December 2010 trip :confused3. The joke around our house was that Disney was going to block our phone number because I was calling so much :rotfl: :rotfl:.
What a great change :thumbsup2. I've never stayed TPV, but I LOVE RPC :love:. I tried talking DS into that for December, but he's not budging off of Poly :sad2:. I do love my Poly and I am soooo very excited to try CL there, but there is also something about the GF.....and being in RPC :cloud9:.

I am thinking of changing our girls trip to CR or Poly now, they won't care. Maybe WL....Just won't be able to stay at GF without my kiddos now:guilty: Actually maybe AKL or BWI might be nice for girls trip too, as long as I do CL:lovestruc I do this EVERY TRIP. I swear my call gets forwarded to extra special, patient CMs:laughing:

Evening RCers!

MAGIC: Yes, being able to pick and choose the day(s) and plan(s) is a great option when staying on points. And, changing it up is what it's all about, right??? :rotfl2:

letthewookiewin: That's some choice for you, WL or POP with that savings .... hmmm. I love POP, but we are 4 people and I wanted something different... and I gave up FD too. Would you consider POR, boat to DTD and newly refurbed?? I don't know the price difference, but you would have queens too.

To all -- re the coffee thing ... can't relate, hate the stuff but love the smell :)

disneydreamin247: Glad you are staying put ... I think it will be good for you to have the convenience, in the event your parents don't come (is that definite?)

stepdisney: Glad to hear you love Kidani so much ... I can't wait to get there and see it for myself :)

Janet

Sorry I missed this last night. It isn't definite. My mom and I spoke last night about perhaps putting it on a credit card and I will pay it off for them as soon as I file my taxes.

Well we know where we will eat, now we get to fight over the check:lmao: I hear you about CL, I figure I'm gonna get my Princess on this trip...But if I downgrade to a regular TPV room, I could have a cabana day too:lovestruc

I'm thinking of adding another cabana day at GF. We already have one at Poly.

:banana::banana::banana: I'm SO happy for you!

I am thinking of changing our girls trip to CR or Poly now, they won't care. Maybe WL....Just won't be able to stay at GF without my kiddos now:guilty: Actually maybe AKL or BWI might be nice for girls trip too, as long as I do CL:lovestruc I do this EVERY TRIP. I swear my call gets forwarded to extra special, patient CMs:laughing:

I think the BWI would be nice for a girls trip :). BWI (along with CR and YC) are the only 3 deluxes we haven't stayed at and I would like to try BWI, but I can't get past no CS over there :(. Captain Cooks at the Poly is our fav for resort CS and I know the BC has the Marketplace at the back of the gift shop, but that doesn't have enough choices for my guys, especially for breakfast :rolleyes1. When we stay CL at the Poly in December, I will be making use of the lounge in the morning, but I know both DSs (and sometimes DH), will be heading to Cap't. Cooks for some eggs & bacon and waffles :laughing:.

WDWKOOK Yeah, DH is totally in love with the Poly....DD 6 I shall call her Princess Madison (also ADD, some OCD so she is quite the Princess) had a witnessed freakout this morning because she picked the castle hotel (AKA GF) a long time ago and MOMMY KEEPS CHANGING HER MIND So now after talking to DH, he's OK, says "if I'm happy he's happy" (Seriously did your DH have coffee with him recently:lmao:) Then DS 10 and DD 6 told him how the pool is so much bigger and they love the waterfall, and DS10 thinks the snacks look better:rotfl: He said he was totally sold on the Poly, and he thinks GF seems "stuffy", but it's my choice...So I went selfish and switched to the GF:rolleyes1 We were booked in a Sugarloaf Suite, you're right:thumbsup2 We are Main Building TPV- came out to only about 80 bucks more a night for the two rooms instead of Poly.

disneydreamin247 I AM So happy!!!! Thanks...I definitely spent my cabana $$$ though :laughing:

mickeynut1 I agree about BWI, it looks great! And CL gets great reviews. Oh boy, if RPC doesn't rock, I will have to move to Poly immediately at rack rate and eat lots of crow....ITS GONNA ROCK!!!!

Yep, some caffeine can be good for you before exercising, however, a study I saw recently suggested that drinking coffee just before a workout might not be the best idea. Here's the part of the piece I read:

The Journal of the American College of Cardiology reports that the amount of caffeine in just two cups of coffee limits the body's ability to increase blood flow to the heart during exercise. This is problematic since blood flow to the heart must increase during exercise in order to meet the body's higher demand for oxygen and nutrients. While caffeine is a stimulant, and previous studies suggest that it may enhance athletic performance, this study suggests the opposite. Caffeine does stimulate the brain, increasing awareness and concentration. Athletes who ingest caffeine before performing may feel that they are enhancing performance, but these researchers suggest that the athletes are simply more alert, awake and focused.

:scared1::eek: What??!! :headache: I had no idea! Time to ditch the early morning pre-run cup of coffee! Maybe I'll try OJ...I have to have something, ya know. Thanks for the info!!!

:lmao: That's what I said last year when I upgraded us to Poly CL TPV!!! And he did pitch a fit...but quickly got over it:laughing: Bill and I want to to stay at RPC...but minus kids...just an adult trip. Well...congrats on your change!!!:thumbsup2

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter