• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Dining Plan - A Review & Pictures - 14 Days in August 2011

Loved your reviews! I was expecting to see more Dolewhip photos.;)

I can't believe after reading so much about all the cupcakes I didn't have a single one on our trip. I'll have to be sure I try that PB one in November!

Gasparillas looks great. I thought about it one day but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find it.:rotfl:

I remember the make your own pasta at POR from when we stayed there. It still looks great.

All the tacos were covered in cilantro. Either you love cilantro or not & we don't so we all tried to pick off as much as we can.
I don't like cilantro either. I wonder if you can order them without it? I did try the chicken tacos in May and thought I would have really enjoyed them without the cilantro.

We just got back from disney on the QSDP for 11 days. We booked bounceback for 14 nights with free QSDP for 2012. This is our second time on the QSDP and we love it.

I do have to agree San Angel it was one of my favorites. I love cilantro but there was a ton on it. My girls got the nachos to share and it was a large protion. I drank a bottle of water than some. We also did sunshine seasons. Like you we try to eat around 11 am.

When we ate at Pizza Planet last week it was chocolate chip cookies or a capacino cupcake. The cupcake was something like you get at starring rolls it was so good. We meant to get to CHH but the night we went it closed at 5pm. I so wanted a lobster roll. I did get a shrimp roll at AK that was very good.

I was wondering though, I'm hoping I didn't miss something. We have gone twice in the past, '08 & '09, and stayed at POR. Then, the free dining was the regular DDP. Has it changed now, during the free dining promo, to QSP? I've really toyed with the QSP for it's convenience and no time restrictions. But if the free dining promo for mods is QS, I may just pay a smidge more and get 2 rooms at pop for the 5 of us. We're planning a trip for Sept '12.

I was wondering though, I'm hoping I didn't miss something. We have gone twice in the past, '08 & '09, and stayed at POR. Then, the free dining was the regular DDP. Has it changed now, during the free dining promo, to QSP? I've really toyed with the QSP for it's convenience and no time restrictions. But if the free dining promo for mods is QS, I may just pay a smidge more and get 2 rooms at pop for the 5 of us. We're planning a trip for Sept '12.

Not the OP - but, the general public plan that I've seen has the regular dining plan for the mods. However, I have gotten pin codes in the past year that offered the QSP for mods at times when there was no general public free dining offered. Not sure of the OP's circumstance, though.

We just got back from disney on the QSDP for 11 days. We booked bounceback for 14 nights with free QSDP for 2012. This is our second time on the QSDP and we love it.

I do have to agree San Angel it was one of my favorites. I love cilantro but there was a ton on it. My girls got the nachos to share and it was a large protion. I drank a bottle of water than some. We also did sunshine seasons. Like you we try to eat around 11 am.

When we ate at Pizza Planet last week it was chocolate chip cookies or a capacino cupcake. The cupcake was something like you get at starring rolls it was so good. We meant to get to CHH but the night we went it closed at 5pm. I so wanted a lobster roll. I did get a shrimp roll at AK that was very good.

We left right before the menu change at CHH. Next time! :lovestruc

I would have loved to book a bounceback but my kids go back to school to early next summer to take advantage of it.

Sorry I should have clarified that at the start of the post.

I received an email PIN code in the spring offering the free QSDP for Values & Mods...Regular plan for deluxe.

General public codes are usually free QSDP for Values only, regular plan for Mods.

Oh & by the way..I am not sure how old everyone is in your party but for as long a stay as we had I would go with 2 rooms. POR is lovely but with the 5 of us (1 being a teen girl) 2 bathrooms would have trumped a nicer resort.

The offering for dessert was strawberry red bean ice cream & caramel ginger ice cream. We got both to share. The strawberry red bean tasted just like strawberry frozen yogurt. :) The caramel ginger was a bit strong. 2 of us liked it, 3 didn't.

There was plenty of seating & the food was hot & fresh tasting. Combine that with friendly CM's & this was a great choice for our CS credits. We would definately return.

I love your reviews! We eat mostly CS, so it's great to see some of the other choices.

My daughter used to love the red bean ice cream, but they switched to the strawberry red bean ice cream at least 4 years ago. It is probably a more familiar taste, but I agree that it tastes just like strawberry.

I love your reviews! We eat mostly CS, so it's great to see some of the other choices.

My daughter used to love the red bean ice cream, but they switched to the strawberry read bean ice cream at least 4 years ago. It is probably a more familiar taste, but I agree that it tastes just like strawberry.

Thanks Beth!

Thanks for the great review of the QSDP. I am a Disney Travel agent and my clients always ask about the QS. I have refered several of them over to your thread so they can see its not all Hamburgers and french fries! All the food looks so yummy, especially those cupcakes....note to self!

Thank you!!!! :flower3:

I am already thinking about what to do for our next trip summer 2012. If they offer the free QSDP again I am going with the All Star Suites. Even with the 1 less snack & possibly just breaking even, I know DH would like to have everything paid ahead of time.

This was great! We leave Monday and are doing the QSDP.

I'm curious...you said you used snack credits for breakfast? Can you give me an idea as to what you ordered? I was thinking of doing the same.

Also, from the looks of it I'm thinking my 10 yo and 12 yo could probably share lunch or dinner some days. Thanks for the pictures! They helped!!

This was great! We leave Monday and are doing the QSDP.

I'm curious...you said you used snack credits for breakfast? Can you give me an idea as to what you ordered? I was thinking of doing the same.

Also, from the looks of it I'm thinking my 10 yo and 12 yo could probably share lunch or dinner some days. Thanks for the pictures! They helped!!

Thank you very much. :goodvibes

Yes, most days we ate lunch early (11am) so we did not want a full breakfast. Here is some of the things you can get for a snack credit.

POR Foodcourt (I think you can get most of these at other foodcourts too)
Cherry danish
Cheese danish
Blueberry muffin
Chocolate muffin
Cinnamon bun
Croissant
Fruit cups

Main Street Bakery, BWI Bakery, Starring Rolls, AK food court (near park entrance), & Sunshine Seasons all offer items like this during breakfast time.

Hope that helps & have a great time!

Sorry I should have clarified that at the start of the post.

I received an email PIN code in the spring offering the free QSDP for Values & Mods...Regular plan for deluxe.

General public codes are usually free QSDP for Values only, regular plan for Mods.

Oh & by the way..I am not sure how old everyone is in your party but for as long a stay as we had I would go with 2 rooms. POR is lovely but with the 5 of us (1 being a teen girl) 2 bathrooms would have trumped a nicer resort.

The thought of a pin code didn't even cross my mind! lol And we'll have 2 teen girls, that's why I'm pondering a value, but hubby would prefer the ts meals. So we'll see. Thanks, btw, for some great reviews! I am gonna have to get a cupcake at Starring Rolls!

The thought of a pin code didn't even cross my mind! lol And we'll have 2 teen girls, that's why I'm pondering a value, but hubby would prefer the ts meals. So we'll see. Thanks, btw, for some great reviews! I am gonna have to get a cupcake at Starring Rolls!

Thanks!

When I called to book the CM said I could upgrade to the regular dining plan for $10 per adult per day. For us that would have been another $700 plus the tips which I am glad we did not do. I booked 3 TS meals in addtion to our CS which was the perfect mix for us. (We have the Tables in Wonderland card) . If the numbers work for your family you can still stay in a value & get the regular plan.

Yum!!!! Thanks for the great review! I still think the regular plan will work best for us but definitely some great ideas for the qs meals we do have. I don't think we can go to qsp until either Terra is an adult or they offer more kid variety. When she won't eat chicken nuggets or Mac and cheese and burgers only sometimes, kid offerings sometimes don't help is much. Always on true lookout for good qs variety!

Thanks for the great review. A few places I would never have thought to use counter service credits. I had been thinking about QSDP before the free dining came out that is reg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter