• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Dining Plan - A Review & Pictures - 14 Days in August 2011

The raspberry cupcake from the GF looks just amazing! :cloud9:

The food from Lotus Blossom also looks great! I hadn't even thought about eating here but now I am definitely checking out their menu!

What a great and unusual review! :thumbsup2

How wonderful to see the range of CS food that Disney offers. This was a really good advert for the CS Dining plan.

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to write!:)

Thank you so much everyone for reading along. :flower3:

I did find my receipts if anyone is interested as to how much we saved.

This is for 5 adults (2 parents & 3 kids) . Most days we only used a snack credit for breakfast & the refillable mugs for drinks in the morning. We used our 2 CS credits towards lunch & dinner.

Here are some totals...:teacher: Overall this plan saved us way more money than a room discount we might have had. If we had a 30% off discount for Port Orleans Riverside, we would have saved around $50 per night @14 nights =$700. Our food ran around $180-$200 per day @ 14 nights = $2520-$2800. :woohoo:

Each lunch and dinner averaged around $75 for us.

Columbia Harbor House $75
Port Orleans Foodcourt $72
Sunshine Seasons $77
Tangerine Cafe $78
Wolfgang Puck Express $ 107
Cosmic Rays $76
Contempo Cafe $68
Pizza Planet $71
Electric Umbrella $ 71
Kringla Cafe - Norway $78
Pizzafari $ 77
Lotus Blossom $69
Backlot Express $76
Cantina San Angel $108

Sweet! You did well. While I don't believe I will ever pay for the DDP. I LOOOOOOVE getting it free. It truly is the biggest comp. out there.

I've enjoyed reading your review. It has been great reading about all the food you can get with the QSDP. Thank you for sharing it all :)

I loved reading this! We've done the regular DP for our last two trips, and we're planning on the quick service plan for our next one (we are tired of having ADRs to make every day :thumbsup2 )

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures!!!

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are going without the regular DDP next time so we'll be doing many more CS meals than usual and I'm much more excited about it now! That club sandwich from Norway got added to my list for sure...:)

Enjoying the reviews :goodvibes

The squirrel pics reminded me of a 'did that just happen moment' on our 2009 trip.

We were walking through an empty Epcot with a few other people for our 8am adr at Akershus. Suddenly a large bird swept down and caught a squirrel and flew off with it. Myself and DH were :eek: as was the Dad of the other family. Luckily none of the kids noticed.

So yes ALL animals at Epcot are well fed one way or another.

:rotfl2:

Great review!! Thanks for working so hard so that people like me can sit and dream and rasberry filled cupcakes:lovestruc

I've really enjoyed your review - and great photos. :thumbsup2

We regularly eat at the CS restaurants, but I didn't realise that there was so much variety out there!

Thank you so much. Glad to help others with the choices in counter service. It was great to see we had options besides hamburgers & chicken nuggets. This was also great for my veggie DH who was able to find something in every place we ate in except for Flame Tree (that's why we skipped it). Being able to substitute fruit for fries or fruit for dessert was also great for those trying to be alittle good on vacation.

DH said the best vegetarian choices he had were the veggie tort in Norway & the Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor House (Hummus & veg). These were his top picks. The worst thing he had were the empanadas in Mexico & the veggie bake at the Contempo.

As for me, the carnivore..my best picks would be the Norway club sandwich, Chicken Shwarma in Morroco, & the Make Your Own Pasta at POR. I don't think I had anything terrible except maybe the chicken taco in Mexico.

Best cupcake award goes to Starring Rolls Chocolate peanut butter cupcake. OMG!!! :love:.. Second runner up was the Black Forest cupcake at the Contempo.

We did enjoy this plan as it was #1 free & #2 flexible. We did not have to run from an attraction or show to make an ADR. We ate when we were hungry & not because our ADR time was up. That freedom was something we have never enjoyed before..there was one day we got to the bus stop & just got on the first bus that came...another day we did 3 parks in one day just for the heck of it without worrying about being in a specific park at a certain time. Next year Disney is only offering 1 snack rather than 2 so the plan will lose some value. I would go with the QSDP again if it were free. I don't think I would pay for it as it would be cheaper for us to eat without it. We really didn't need 2 desserts & 2 snacks every day...I wanted them, but I didn't need them!:rotfl2:

I did book 3 table service meals during our trip to break up all the counter service meals. We ate at TRex on our arrival day, 50's Prime Time, & The Plaza on our last day.

I truly enjoyed to qiuck service reviews. We leave for disney in 4 days and you gave us numerous new places to try.

The gaspariila cafe looks great. The menu on allears doesn't mention the pita. Do u remember the rest of the menu? We r thinking of eating here in nov before the very merry party. Thanks,

Great reviews! I really enjoyed them - some places I've seen but never eaten at - and now I have to consider them! So many choices and only so many meals to eat! HA HA -- :thumbsup2

Wild story about the squirrels. We've only been plagued by ducks at AK -- had to spill some rice on the ground to get them distracted -- oh and the weird birds at Flame Tree too. But no squirrels!

The gaspariila cafe looks great. The menu on allears doesn't mention the pita. Do u remember the rest of the menu? We r thinking of eating here in nov before the very merry party. Thanks,

Here's a link to the menu date 6/11 here under dining

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=30

We've eaten here several times and enjoy it. The last few years we have made a trip here to get our sandwiches for our flight home. They prepare most food to order so it can take a few extra minutes. We have never been there when it's crowded. They are open pretty late for an after MK visit. :goodvibes

We've taken the Italian and the Roast Beef sandwich to-go and both are very good.

Great reviews! We;ve always done the table service plan, but this makes me want to do quick service! My sis and I will be there in two days :lovestruc and we are not on a dining plan - so your reviews gave me some great ideas for snacking/noshing around the world without a schedule or plan.

Thanks for posting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter