• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Service Dining Plan - A Review & Pictures - 14 Days in August 2011

Thank you so much! This review has been tremendously helpful!:love: My very large blended family which is my dh and his three kiddos and my three kiddos plus my Dad and my Step-mom will be using the QS plan next week. I loved seeing the pics to help me make my decisions as I am THE planner for the whole crew! I'm going to try and take pics and post them when we get back too!

Enjoyed reading your reviews they will help us alot. We have been 3 times with the regular dining plan. We are going in December with the QS Dining plan which I am excited about now. Thanks!!!

Just came across your review and I loved it. We leave in a week for 8 nights of quick service dining. Cant wait. I love all the resorts that you ate at and was thinking we should try some, especially for the cupcake :)...but we have some many places we already want to try on our list that are in the parks...hmmm what to do...lol Thanks again.

Just came across your review and I loved it. We leave in a week for 8 nights of quick service dining. Cant wait. I love all the resorts that you ate at and was thinking we should try some, especially for the cupcake :)...but we have some many places we already want to try on our list that are in the parks...hmmm what to do...lol Thanks again.

Definately get cupcakes!!! Especially at Starring Rolls. :banana:

jUST CAME ACROSS YOUR REVIEW AND LOVED. WE GO IN 3 DAYS AND THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME ON qsdp MAINLY BECAUSE MY LITTLE gs CAN NOT SIT THROUGH A ts EVERY NIGHT. wE ARE DOING 2 CHARACTER MEALS FOR HIM...h&v AT dhs AND gARDEN GRILL AT EP. GREAT REVIEWS

jUST CAME ACROSS YOUR REVIEW AND LOVED. WE GO IN 3 DAYS AND THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME ON qsdp MAINLY BECAUSE MY LITTLE gs CAN NOT SIT THROUGH A ts EVERY NIGHT. wE ARE DOING 2 CHARACTER MEALS FOR HIM...h&v AT dhs AND gARDEN GRILL AT EP. GREAT REVIEWS

Thank you!

On our next Magic Kingdom day we had lunch at Pinnochio's but I forgot to take pictures. I had a meatball sub. (surprise!) :rolleyes1 My kids got the penne & meatballs. DH ordered the mediterranean salad with mixed greens, chicken, roasted red pepper, black olives and red onions, mozzarella cheese. He thought it was a veggie salad so he had to pick all the chicken out. They had the same standard chocolate cake but none of us had any. We were too "chocolate caked out" at that point. :laughing:

After touring the Magic Kingdom since ropedrop I decided it would be a good idea to have dinner at Gaspirilla's over at the Grand Floridian. We took the boat over (had the whole boat to ourselves :lovestruc) from MK.

838.jpg

We looked around the lobby & shops for a bit before dinner. It took us awhile to find Gasparilla's as it is out the main building & around the corner by the marina. The place was small with about 8 tables or so. Only 2 families were there when we came in. There are also a few video games next to the seating that kept my guys busy while DH & I lingered over our desserts. :love:

My 2 younger kids got a hot dog & chicken nuggets. My oldest DD & I got the floridian club sandwich with turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and an avocado ranch dressing served on multi-grain toast. This was very very yummy.
830.jpg

DH had the tabbouleh pita - tabbouleh, cucumber, garbanzo beans, and cilantro mint raitha . Both sandwiches came with potato chips & a mozzerella & tomato salad on the side.
829.jpg

There was a variety of cupcakes but I only got a picture of mine. This was delicious!!! There was raspberry filling inside...yummy. Wish I had one now!
831.jpg

They also had a smore's cupcake which was huge & had big marshmallows on top. Kids ate it too fast to get a picture.

This was a great choice for dinner. Not rushed, not crowded, & the food was very good & prepared to order. :thumbsup2

I've enjoyed reading your dining reviews. I've never thought I'd want to do dining plan (free or not) but lately as I've been looking at menu prices it has seemed much more appealing. I love the variety of meals you got QS.

My question for you: How hard is it to find Gasparilla's? I'd hate to go to a fancy resort and feel like a bumpkin off the truck trying to find a restaurant and standing out (in my mind anyway) like a sore thumb.

Thank you for such a detailed report, you have so many places in there which I wouldn't normally have found, so thank you xx

I've enjoyed reading your dining reviews. I've never thought I'd want to do dining plan (free or not) but lately as I've been looking at menu prices it has seemed much more appealing. I love the variety of meals you got QS.

My question for you: How hard is it to find Gasparilla's? I'd hate to go to a fancy resort and feel like a bumpkin off the truck trying to find a restaurant and standing out (in my mind anyway) like a sore thumb.

It is just outside the main building to the left (towards the marina). That would be be coming from off the monorail. It's not that hard to find & the CM's there are pretty friendly so do not hesitate to ask for directions.

Just curious if you asked if you could subsitute beans for anything on the menu. I was really wanting to eat here, but I too am a veggie and I was hoping I could get them to sub beans.

Loving the reviews!

My DP and I are mostly vegetarians (sometimes we eat seafood) and we enjoyed eating at the Cantina de San Angel. We ordered the cheese empanadas for one meal, and they were very good. We also got the nachos meal a couple of different times. They will leave off the meat and are served with black beans on them. They were very good-so good in fact we ate them twice during our trip.

This little guy was too funny on our last trip he found popcorn in my DS's stroller and he wasn't shy that is was for him

DSC00706.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00705.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00703.jpg
[/IMG]

This has got to be one of the sweetest things I have ever seen in my life. EVER.:love:

Thank you so much for the great QS reviews. Will so much attention being paid to TS reviews it is very nice to see someone spend so much time and effort to doument all the great QS options.

awdwnut

Thanks so much for your reviews! I especially liked seeing the photos of your food choices. We decided against alot of ADR's for our trip in a few weeks so we will be eating more CS's this trip. Seeing your photos really helped.

Thank you so much for the great QS reviews. Will so much attention being paid to TS reviews it is very nice to see someone spend so much time and effort to doument all the great QS options.

awdwnut

Thanks so much for your reviews! I especially liked seeing the photos of your food choices. We decided against alot of ADR's for our trip in a few weeks so we will be eating more CS's this trip. Seeing your photos really helped.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Maybe we will be lucky enough to get free dining this summer so we can do it again. :yay:

Enjoyed the review. I will definitely be checking out Starring Rolls for a cupcake.
Do we get to see pics/review of your TS meals?:thumbsup2

Wonderful reviews. As a solo person the room discount makes more sense but the savings your family enjoyed are a real eye opener! Your photos were great (I used one as a background on my laptop, I hope you don't mind!)
I have never been for 14 days, how great would that be. Next time- no ADRs for me, thanks. Dsis is going for Food and Wine and she is going to QS her way around too.

Enjoyed the review. I will definitely be checking out Starring Rolls for a cupcake.
Do we get to see pics/review of your TS meals?:thumbsup2

Thank you!!!
I didn't do an official review of our TS this time. I will check my photobucket & see if I took pictures though.

Wonderful reviews. As a solo person the room discount makes more sense but the savings your family enjoyed are a real eye opener! Your photos were great (I used one as a background on my laptop, I hope you don't mind!)
I have never been for 14 days, how great would that be. Next time- no ADRs for me, thanks. Dsis is going for Food and Wine and she is going to QS her way around too.

Thank you!!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter