Pro Bowl 2017 ~ Parade Set for Jan. 27 in MK @ 2:30

One perspective--
My husband and I are flying in for the pro bowl. We're not going to spend the money for tickets to WDW (save that for a family vacation later in the year!), but we're planning on staying at Disney Springs and spending lots of time there.

I wouldn't be surprised if DS was crazy-busy that week. Families trying to avoid the Pro Bowl crowd might want to stick to the resort and theme park hotels.

Any updates on the parade timing?

We arrive 1/28 and are trying to decide what to do that day. FP window opens Tuesday. No ROL FP to book. Would be happy going to Epcot or MK but would like to know if we would be in the middle of a parade the kids could care less about.

Any updates on the parade timing?

We arrive 1/28 and are trying to decide what to do that day. FP window opens Tuesday. No ROL FP to book. Would be happy going to Epcot or MK but would like to know if we would be in the middle of a parade the kids could care less about.

No word on parade timing yet.

If you don't want to take part in the parade then I would plan to avoid the parade route from about 12-3ish. It won't be real early and it won't be late in the afternoon

Thanks! I think we will plan on MK. Flight doesn't get in until 11:30 so wouldn't even get to park until 4 anyways. Plus we have to activate our annual passes, which I assume will take some time.

Just so annoying there are no details two months out!

We are going to Disney jan 23-28 because we figured the crowds would be less (although as many of you have stated, there no longer seems to be an uncrowded time). My friend who is going with us has been seeing a bunch of advertisements for all of the events and crowds expected in Disney during that time to the pro bowl and is quite concerned. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I know there is no way to fully predict crowds but I hope to help her not worry too much. We are experienced Disney people.

We are going to Disney jan 23-28 because we figured the crowds would be less (although as many of you have stated, there no longer seems to be an uncrowded time). My friend who is going with us has been seeing a bunch of advertisements for all of the events and crowds expected in Disney during that time to the pro bowl and is quite concerned. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I know there is no way to fully predict crowds but I hope to help her not worry too much. We are experienced Disney people.
Here is a thread with lots of info:
Pro Bowl 2017

Will merge you there.

The Pro Bowl parade will be on January 27, 2017 in MK! A specific time has not been announced according to ESPN.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/spectator/nfl-pro-bowl/
I'm actually looking very forward to catching the parade. The thing I hate is it's a morning EMH day and we usually avoid those in the afternoons.
What I hope most of all is the weather is good. We plan to do the After Hours event that night, as long as the weather holds. I didn't want to do it in the cold and/or rain though so I was going to wait to buy tickets. Now I'm worried it may sell out. Maybe I'm overthinking how many additional will be there for the ProBowl stuff. I mean, it's the catalyst for why we picked that weekend for our trip, even though we aren't going to the game.

We'll be arriving the morning of the 28th....sad to miss the parade, but not the crowd

Angi, on page 2 of the thread I ran some rough numbers for why I suspect the impact on crowds that week will be modest at best. Having said that, Friday at MK may well be the exception. (Thankfully, I'm booked all day at DAK that day.)
Also planning to hit the After Hours event that evening (maybe we can say hi), but my gut says that folks who are there for football are likely not to be the same ones who will shell out an extra hundred bucks for a few extra hours in the park.
Like you, I'm also planning to wait until I see the weather forecast before plunking down my money, but I'm not concerned about a sellout. We'll know more once we see what the first one is like the preceding Friday.

Looks like we'll plan to be there Jan 27th for the parade!

Looking forward to catching that and some activities at ESPN.

Angi, on page 2 of the thread I ran some rough numbers for why I suspect the impact on crowds that week will be modest at best. Having said that, Friday at MK may well be the exception. (Thankfully, I'm booked all day at DAK that day.)
Also planning to hit the After Hours event that evening (maybe we can say hi), but my gut says that folks who are there for football are likely not to be the same ones who will shell out an extra hundred bucks for a few extra hours in the park.
Like you, I'm also planning to wait until I see the weather forecast before plunking down my money, but I'm not concerned about a sellout. We'll know more once we see what the first one is like the preceding Friday.
I tend to agree with you there. Especially if they plunked down a couple hundred to see the game (though does anyone actually pay to see it or are all those there corporate folks that were given tickets?)

I went on and booked our FP at MK for the day, but I may change things up later. Especially if it looks like we'll get in the DAH event. I wouldn't mind going to see a practice over at ESPN at some point.

I tend to agree with you there. Especially if they plunked down a couple hundred to see the game (though does anyone actually pay to see it or are all those there corporate folks that were given tickets?)

I went on and booked our FP at MK for the day, but I may change things up later. Especially if it looks like we'll get in the DAH event. I wouldn't mind going to see a practice over at ESPN at some point.

We didn't planned this week because of the pro-bowl, but since we are going to be there, I did buy my DH and DSs tickets to the game on the 29th.

So, is the guess that this is a morning parade?
I'm guessing it's going to be like what they do when there is a bowl game in the area and the college bands march. They come out shortly before the 3:00 parade, not directly IN the 3:00 parade
Hopefully someone else knows for certain

The Pro Bowl parade will be on January 27, 2017 in MK! A specific time has not been announced according to ESPN.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/spectator/nfl-pro-bowl/

This news just makes me the happiest gal in the world. We arrive in Orlando on Friday the 27th and have MK planned for Saturday the 28th. After hearing there would be a Pro Bowl parade, I just assumed that the parade would be on Saturday and the crowds might be a bit crazy. I was super bummed after specifically choosing this week because of "lighter" crowds. ( I know at Disney that isn't really a thing anymore) But we decided just to stick to the plan and make the best of it. Got the reservations and fastpasses we wanted no problem. (Even though our PPO breakfast is no longer PPO.:( After they extended January hours this week) I'm still planning for larger crowds and have an itinerary accordingly, but I'm glad a lot of those people that would be in the parks for the parade will now be there on Friday. My husband might be a little bummed though missing the players. Although I'm sure some of them will make an appearance in the park with their families later in the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter