Pro Bowl 2017 ~ Parade Set for Jan. 27 in MK @ 2:30

This news just makes me the happiest gal in the world. We arrive in Orlando on Friday the 27th and have MK planned for Saturday the 28th. After hearing there would be a Pro Bowl parade, I just assumed that the parade would be on Saturday and the crowds might be a bit crazy. I was super bummed after specifically choosing this week because of "lighter" crowds. ( I know at Disney that isn't really a thing anymore) But we decided just to stick to the plan and make the best of it. Got the reservations and fastpasses we wanted no problem. (Even though our PPO breakfast is no longer PPO.:( After they extended January hours this week) I'm still planning for larger crowds and have an itinerary accordingly, but I'm glad a lot of those people that would be in the parks for the parade will now be there on Friday. My husband might be a little bummed though missing the players. Although I'm sure some of them will make an appearance in the park with their families later in the week.
I just am not sold that crowds will be impacted. I'm not sure folks realize how poorly the ProBowl is attended. It's sad. Now, it's been in Hawaii forever and I'm sure that played in to it some but folks rarely traveled to Hawaii to see the game. I can't see that many more going to Orlando but who knows. Maybe this is the kick in the butt it needed to be a success. I have a feeling if it flops here they'll drop it. The players don't even want to be there.

I just am not sold that crowds will be impacted. I'm not sure folks realize how poorly the ProBowl is attended. It's sad. Now, it's been in Hawaii forever and I'm sure that played in to it some but folks rarely traveled to Hawaii to see the game. I can't see that many more going to Orlando but who knows. Maybe this is the kick in the butt it needed to be a success. I have a feeling if it flops here they'll drop it. The players don't even want to be there.

That makes sense. I knew about the ProBowl because my husband is an avid football fan. When I told him the game was in Orlando his direct quote "Oh it's fine, no one goes to that game anyway." I did think it moving to Orlando would help it's attendance. I guess only time will tell.

I'll also be there the week between the probowl and superbowl and I see that there are plenty of fastpasses and ADRs still available. I'm really hoping that means the crowds won't be too bad.

Wow, this is a huge bummer. That is our last day in the parks so we were going to Magic Kingdom. Even though it was morning EMH, it's the way we like to finish our trip. I guess that tradition will be shifted because no way will we be getting near this mess! We were doing AK on Thursday so I guess I'll try to switch those. Crossing my fingers I can pull this off with the ADR's I booked six months ago and the FP+ I got up early to book. Football is not our thing so we have absolutely zero interest in any of this. I don't have a problem with Disney having something we don't care about but it sure irritates me that they've waited until now to announce it.

Not giving me the warm and fuzzies about our upcoming trip this morning. That's for sure!

Have they announced the parade time yet? We are there for a long weekend 1/27-30, and are planning on getting to MK around 1:00-ish on arrival day. Hoping we can get down Main Street before the parade starts! We have all of our FPs and ADRs set, so we will just deal with it, and hope for the best!

Have they announced the parade time yet? We are there for a long weekend 1/27-30, and are planning on getting to MK around 1:00-ish on arrival day. Hoping we can get down Main Street before the parade starts! We have all of our FPs and ADRs set, so we will just deal with it, and hope for the best!
Not that I've seen. I'm going to go with an assumption it will be tacked on to the beginning of the regular 3:00 parade, like when they have events there for college bowl games.
I'm not even sure how many players will be there.
For folks who have been around to see a Super Bowl NFL player(s) in the parade following the Super Bowl how are those done?

Any word yet on what time the parade is on Jan. 27? I have seen no specific information on this.

Thanks

This was posted on Friday the 13th

PRO BOWL PARADE
As part of the weeklong celebration in Orlando, current Pro Bowl players will take part in a special Pro Bowl parade at Disney’s Magic Kingdom® Park on Friday, Jan. 27 at 2:30 p.m. The four Pro Bowl team captains will be joined by Mickey and his pals, as well as kids and families from Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida and the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), in the celebratory parade down Main Street U.S.A.

The Pro Bowl parade continues a tradition at Disney Parks of honoring extraordinary sports champions from professional football, basketball, hockey, baseball and beyond. The parade will be livestreamed on the Disney Parks Blog. Fans may also follow along on Twitter with the hashtag #DisneyParksLIVE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter