Pro Bowl 2017 ~ Parade Set for Jan. 27 in MK @ 2:30

Seriously, there is not going to be a huge influx of people for this game. The Pro Bowl is a non-entity on the current sports landscape. Moving it to Orlando is a last-ditch effort by the NFL to save it.

Most players who are selected for the game back out, and you end up with the fourth-best or fifth-best players playing each position. It's not an event fans travel to. It'll attract locals to the actual game, but that won't affect the park crowds. And most of the players and their families won't stick around to hit up the parks beyond the official MK appearance, they will all head for the Super Bowl site as soon as they possibly can.

If you have a trip around this time, take a deep breath, you'll be absolutely fine.
Quoting my earlier post so those arriving in the newly merged thread see it. This is much ado about nothing. The Pro Bowl is not something that will cause crowd issues at the Disney parks, even with the parade (that will likely be that Monday).

Quoting my earlier post so those arriving in the newly merged thread see it. This is much ado about nothing. The Pro Bowl is not something that will cause crowd issues at the Disney parks, even with the parade (that will likely be that Monday).
I thought speculation was that the parade would be Saturday? I wish they'd just put out an official schedule..

Do we know what day the Magic Kingdom pro bowl parade will be?

I thought speculation was that the parade would be Saturday? I wish they'd just put out an official schedule..
Kenny Pirate's site has it on Saturday Jan 28th, not sure where (or if) he got the concrete info about this but it was his site that gave me my first head's up about the event to begin with so I'm gonna go by that date. Since there's no historical data to use to give any predictions on the crowds this will draw it's a crap shoot for now. We had the ability to add a few days to the leading edge of our trip which will allow us to be low key on the days leading up to the actual game. I'm hoping that it doesn't eliminate the possibility of what's become the common "Stay Play & Dine" promotion that takes place in January since our kids have decided to *join* us (read staying at a different resort ...) and they would all appreciate a discount!

It makes sense to hold it Saturday, I guess. But I've been to the Super Bowl champions' parade at MK (when it's held in Florida) and there's no big added crowd that day.

Ive read a few things but not any details....wondering if anyone knows when the parade at the MAgic Kingdom will be and heard there are practices....any details would be great.

Has there been any word on what kind of Pro Bowl activities will be around this coming January? At the parks or anywhere?

Thanks

http://www.disboards.com/threads/pro-bowl-2017.3516278/

edit: never mind found this
Ive read a few things but not any details....wondering if anyone knows when the parade at the MAgic Kingdom will be and heard there are practices....any details would be great.
Merged to the Pro Bowl 2017 thread. Lots of info in the thread. :)

Any updates on when the parade will be? I see Kenny The Pirate has it on the 28th. Is there any confirmation of that? And if so, what time?

I'm wonder what it might do to FoF that day.

Completely forgot about the Pro Bowl in Orlando. We're booked from 1/28/17 to 2/3/17 at the Boardwalk. Hopefully it doesn't impact the park crowds too much since I was hoping it would be a bit quieter. We're huge football fans and have actually been to the pro bowl in Honolulu before. I guess it'll be nice to see a parade and potentially go to the game as well.

We've been during the holiday season when crowds were worse, so I'm hoping it'll be manageable

Like so many things happening or potentially happening at Disney in the nearish future, I WISH THEY WOULD JUST ANNOUNCE THE SCHEDULE! I can plan for or around anything if they would just let me know when that anything is happening. We're really hoping to avoid any Pro Bowl stuff as we just aren't into football and we're heading home Saturday the 28th so if everything is really starting that day it will be fine. I just need to know if that's accurate so I can adjust plans if I need to. Oh well, just venting because I know we're all dealing with similar frustrations (cough ROL cough). Grrr.

According to this ESPN site, the Pro Bowl activities (parade, 5k, etc.) are planned to lead up to the Pro Bowl on the 29th - so KTP's presumed date of 1/28 for the parade makes sense. This article also makes it sound like the schedule should be out within a week or so since Pro Bowl tickets will go on sale and 5k registration will open on 10/25.

Oh goody, look they've added even MORE!

most recent press-release from Disney Sports News

It's looking pretty clear it will be on the Saturday since a google search also turns up this blog
But still no actual solid dates of times for any of these delightful events (insert sarcasm font there!) the *best* line of this entire story?
Mark your calendar now and get ready for some football, festivities, and plenty of family fun during the week-long celebration!

The race will take place the last weekend in January.Registration for the Pro Bowl 5K Run and tickets for the Pro Bowl will be available beginning October 25

Like so many things happening or potentially happening at Disney in the nearish future, I WISH THEY WOULD JUST ANNOUNCE THE SCHEDULE! I can plan for or around anything if they would just let me know when that anything is happening. We're really hoping to avoid any Pro Bowl stuff as we just aren't into football and we're heading home Saturday the 28th so if everything is really starting that day it will be fine. I just need to know if that's accurate so I can adjust plans if I need to. Oh well, just venting because I know we're all dealing with similar frustrations (cough ROL cough). Grrr.

My thoughts exactly! We also leave the 28th, and I really just want to know if I need to plan around anything.

My thoughts exactly! We also leave the 28th, and I really just want to know if I need to plan around anything.
I'm afraid for both of you that you'll be there in the thick of it ... the events are planned for the week before the game, which is the Sunday 29th. The parade and marathon are happening on the 28th (my assumption based on the comments "the last week of January" in the press release from Disney Sports News last week). It is such an unknown there is no way to even guess where the impacts will occur (if any!) They've left the details very late, as a parent i wouldn't be overly happy to have my kid come home now and tell me their football team is going to Disney for these events. There are only 3 months left till this happens and it's beyond frustrating that we are pushed to make our plans 6 months out or more. We're staying at OKW with our meal plans focused on Disney Springs and not impressed that the powers-that-be have mentioned that as a location for some of the "exciting events"

Did a bit of digging around and found the info related to the Marathon, the rest of the information is still extremely vague. If you follow the links provided to "find more information" it's just an opportunity to buy tickets. Just wish they would confirm what all these "festivities, and plenty of family fun" will be, where they will happen and most importantly, WHEN???
*The Pro Bowl 5K Run is not associated with the runDisney race portfolio or the runDisney brand.
Weekend Schedule
Race Packet Pick-Up
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Friday, January 27, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Epcot®
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 5:00 a.m.

Pro Bowl 5K Run
Epcot®
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 7:00 a.m.

Will the run impact Epcot/transportation that morning?

We picked 1/27 to 1/31 as our first long weekend trip because it was supposed to be slow, and we wanted to see wedding locations in person. We've never been to WDW before...

Thanks for posting that @Kvogie12 it now looks like there will be lots of families making the trek to Orlando to join in those events :eek: You can bet that anyone who has the chance will turn it into a longer stay and include a trip to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!