Post your PBH room assignments

Are the Portofino Suites located in one section or are they spread out throughout the different wing areas? I requested a room near the boat dock on a floor higher up.

Thanks.

All 6 of the Portofino suites are in the West Wing. Most overlook the beach pool, but there is at least one on the first level facing the boat dock. It has French doors that open to the Piazza.

We stayed in 1728. It was a water view.
Vacation2009243.jpg

I've got a question -

When making my reservation for June - I requested a particular type of room due to a medical reason.

Anyway, the Loews rep documented this for me and told me to make sure I call back prior to arrival.

Question is - when should I call back - the morning of check in or a day or so before? I don't know when they assign the rooms??? We won't be arriving until around 6pm to check in and I'm worried that won't work in our favor.

i was told by the front desk before that rooms are assigned about 4 days prior to a guest's arrival date.

the info might not be accurate but to be on the safe side, call the hotel and make your request about 4-5 days out from your arrival.

make sure it is noted in your file.

always get the name of the person that you talked to when making the call.

Just back from PBH. We had one of the Portofino Suites this time. It was room 3350/3352 in the West Wing overlooking the beach pool. We had some trees in front of the bedroom window, which made it nice and private, but had a nice view from the parlor. It was very conveniently located and we really enjoyed the suite.

232323232%7Ffp8%3C4%3Enu%3D3245%3E36%3B%3E5%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D327%3B%3B%3B398533%3Anu0mrj

Just got back. We had room 3230 (second floor) in Tower 3. Tower 3 is great because it is very close to the water taxi system. Our room was billed as "water view". However, when we looked out the window the view was obstructed by the pool bar. We couldn't see any water! I called and talked to the front desk - they said they would give us a discount if we stayed in the room or they could move us the next day. We decided to stay in the room and get the discount. The only negative comment is that the room service was very slow. One day we gave up after 5pm and no service - just called for towels!
:cool2:

We stayed in 2679 (sixth floor Tower 2), a deluxe 2xqueen room in the Villa wing. You could see the beach pool if you looked out the window to the left. But this room was almost at the end of the hall in the Villa Wing and we chose to move the next morning when a closer room would be available.

We were moved to 2515 (fifth floor Tower 2), also a deluxe 2xqueen room in the Villa wing. This was a great room 4 doors from the Villa Wing elevator. Great access to the lobby and club lounge down on the 3rd floor. There were no rooms across the hall so it was quiet.

ETA: Both rooms listed above did have a sofa bed in them. The sofa bed in each was a twin size that would sleep one person. I guess you could call it a "loveseat" bed then, since "sofa" bed usually implies a double or queen size mattress that would sleep two people.

Just back from a great week long stay at PBH. Platinum upgraded to a parlor suite on the West Wing third floor over looking the water taxi (2 queen beds in one room and sofa bed in the parlor). Free internet all week and stay credit.

Great location with regard to water taxi and the lobby is actually on the third floor so you could walk to it in air conditioning without any stairs using the Villa Wing hallway.

Housekeeping was outstanding! Enjoyed Mama Della's and Sal's Market Deli for Pizza.

Highlight of the week was winning Fear Factor Live on Friday afternoon - not bad for a 58 year old guy.

Lou

We had room 2469. It was in the villa wing overlooking the pool. It was a deluxe room but did NOT have a pullout couch.

I just got back Sunday night we were on the 5th floor of the West wing in Villa 3531. We booked a deluxe room on the stay 3 nights get 2 free plan. It was our second time staying at PBH but we had stayed twice at HRH before trying PBH. We had an enclosed balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the boat launch. I dont think there is a better room in the place other that the Suites.

jgalliford

I just got back Sunday night we were on the 5th floor of the West wing in Villa 3531. We booked a deluxe room on the stay 3 nights get 2 free plan. It was our second time staying at PBH but we had stayed twice at HRH before trying PBH. We had an enclosed balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the boat launch. I dont think there is a better room in the place other that the Suites.

232323232%7Ffp9%3A6%3Enu%3D32%3A6%3E467%3E467%3E2397467558247ot1lsi

Gosh, took a look and so many are such great rooms!

Hope this is not the place to ask for room recommendations - if so, mods pls move (with my apologies).

I have been given conflicting info by CS so this is why I'm asking.

We are staying Dec 25 through the 30th CL. Both CS I asked were lovely so certainly not complaining about their service, perhaps their knowledge :confused3

When I asked CS 1 what recommendations she would make in regards to room she suggested "bay side" which is what most people give, much appreciated and added and preferred (as we know, not guaranteed).

When I called back to CS 2 to check on something else I had asked about requesting a full balcony which she told me cannot be done until check in - then told me that my original requests made no sense as CL rooms did not overlook the bay.

Newrequests include beach pool, unobstructed view, close to CL lounge - is this reasonable?

Can you pls confirm that these new requests make sense - understanding these are requests?

Also, just saw on another post rooms are assigned four days out - does that mean I should email/fax my request for a balcony then?

Thanks all for all your help - I sure appreciate the time you take to help all of us newbies out :flower3:

Obviously I'm second guessing all - can anyone help with

I've booked a room at PBH for Aug 1-6. I'm a YOuFirst Gold member and I was automatically upgraded to a Queen Deluxe room. My party consists of myself, my husband, and 3 boys--ages 14, 13, and 8. I'd like to be close to a swimming pool, food area, and boat transportation. Is this possible--are there Queen Deluxe rooms that meet these criteria? If so, where are they?

We are so excited about this trip. Hopefully all 3 boys will meet the height requirements for all major attractions this trip.

I have a club level room booked for our family (me ,DH and our 3 boys 11,7,7) is there a room or area that would be close to the lounge, water taxi and pool???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter