• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Post your PBH room assignments

We were in 1578. Almost at the end of the corridor, it had a round the corner bay view

Florida0951136x852.jpg

but we did get a cute little balcony (small child doesn't come as standard)

Florida1821136x852.jpg

It also had a bigger sitting area than pictures of other rooms I've seen.

Florida0861136x852.jpg

We just returned from our Simpson's Ride Grand Opening and was given a bay view, 1st floor Portofino Suite 3161 and 2 queen standard (not deluxe) 3159. Real close to the boat dock.

Room 2444, Villa, non-smoking deluxe, 2Q, nicer bathrooms, commode wasn't working on check-in, but fixed within 15 mins. Close to all hotel amenities and not too far of a walk to boats. Rooms were clean and always ready when we returned from parks about 5ish.
We liked being able to be near all of the hotel eateries because they are so yummy.

We just returned from our Simpson's Ride Grand Opening and was given a bay view, 1st floor Portofino Suite 3161 and 2 queen standard (not deluxe) 3159. Real close to the boat dock.

We have been in a suite for the past 4 nights, but 4 floors above you! Rooms 3459 & 3461. The extra bathroom was much better than a deluxe single bathroom. Wonderful staff in the west wing. Someone had been smoking in our rooms prior to our arrival, but the staff brought in an air purifier and all the odor was gone when we returned from the parks that afternoon.

Someone had been smoking in our rooms prior to our arrival, but the staff brought in an air purifier and all the odor was gone when we returned from the parks that afternoon.

There was a little sign in our room that said they would charge you $100 if you smoked.

I get a little laugh when I see the pics of the outside of the rooms where people stayed. We constantly got lost, let alone pick which room was ours from the outside :confused3

But it was great fun wandering through the resort--beautiful. When I showed the pics to my older sister when we got home--she thought we really had gone to Italy.:rolleyes:

There was a little sign in our room that said they would charge you $100 if you smoked.

Evidently they trashed the $100 fine sign in our room as it was nowhere to be found.:rotfl:

We are hoping for another great stay at the Portofino again next year. Thanks to all for all the suggestions.

So the air purifer worked? In the past we have had to ask them for one and my wife could still smell the smoke. I was just curious, because i did request a non smoking room with a couch.

:happytv:

So the air purifer worked? In the past we have had to ask them for one and my wife could still smell the smoke. I was just curious, because i did request a non smoking room with a couch.

:happytv:
It worked for us. We just left the purifier on high while we were out of the room during the day and turned it off at night. My. Dd said the sound kept her awake.

We just got back from PBH and we were in a Villa Deluxe on the 4th floor. Here is the room:

CIMG0243.jpg

CIMG0245.jpg

CIMG0246.jpg

CIMG0251.jpg

CIMG0250.jpg

CIMG0249.jpg

Here is the view:
DSCN0289-1.jpg

Allison and Tim...you were on the fourth floor...we just got back from the fifth floor....your room is identical to ours!

Great pics...hopefully I will get mine onto the puter.

:goodvibes

Allison and Tim...you were on the fourth floor...we just got back from the fifth floor....your room is identical to ours!

Great pics...hopefully I will get mine onto the puter.

:goodvibes

Yes, we were in the villa wing. Is that where you were? Our room was 2407, we stayed there from 6/23 - 6/27. I thought the view rocked!

Hi guys! I am going to book Portofino for our 10th wedding anniversary.........and want to let the hotel know in case they will do anything special for us, or allocate us a nice room! Who/where should I e-mail? Thanks!
Debsx

I would make sure the information is noted when you make your reservation. You may or may not get anything but letting them know what you are celebrating doesn't hurt. Also, when checking in, make sure the desk clerk is aware of it.

Thanks guys I will...............and then keep finger crossed! We are going to book a queen deluxe club room..............would love a bay view and balcony, how many of these type of rooms are there?
Also, have been trying to book on the website for August 09 but it won't accept it. Is it too early to book?
Thanks!
Debsx:thumbsup2

Thanks guys I will...............and then keep finger crossed! We are going to book a queen deluxe club room..............would love a bay view and balcony, how many of these type of rooms are there?
Also, have been trying to book on the website for August 09 but it won't accept it. Is it too early to book?
Thanks!
Debsx:thumbsup2

Yup, too early!

JUST GOT BACK FROM PORTOFINO BAY.(OCT.2-5)WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE OFFERED A FREE ROOM UPGRADE TO DELUXE.WE HAD 2 ADJOINING ROOMS.ROOMS 2579 AND 2581 WEST WING.HAD A BLAST CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK.:cool1:

We were in Villa 4241 looking out on the water. The last time we were there we were in 4244 looking out over the villa pool. From the villa elevators the room is just about 20 steps. Keep going past the room about another 40 steps and you come to the elevators that take you to the beach pool and villa pool.

This location is one floor up from club, so it was pretty convenient. And just catch same elevator to harbor for boats.

The thing I noticed from our visit from 2 yrs. ago was that the furniture is starting to show some wear and tear. Dings, etc. Carpeting in hall had similar wear signs.

Our room looked just like Allison's. The last time the entertainment center had a top on it that housed the TV--made the room look a little more elegant. But, I'll take the better flat screen TV over aesthetics anyday.

Another thing we noticed was that there was not enough room for our clothes. 2 adults and 2 teens. I let the men takes the drawers and me and DD15 just kept most of our stuff in our suitcase for our 5 nights.

:idea: Maybe when they go to remodel in the future they could have larger dressers and more hangers.:idea:

Are the Portofino Suites located in one section or are they spread out throughout the different wing areas? I requested a room near the boat dock on a floor higher up.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter