Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks so much for the measurements on the Murphy bed! Still trying to convince myself that the extra $$$ to stay here will be worth it over a LM room at AOA. I know the amenities are great and the landscaping is beautiful. We are looking to go in April, anyone know what the chances will be for a discount off of a package? Right now I have room only AAA and that is only 10%.

I am thinking of booking this for my October trip. I have a couple of questions though.

1) How quiet is the resort? I need relative quite when I am going to sleep.

2) I am a AP holder and go to the Parks a lot. However, I have only stayed on site once (split stay at GF and AKL) so I don't know if I will be spending a lot of time in the room though, I know I will have great convenience with the buses and EMH. Would you stay on site and spend $200 more, or stay off site and save that but be driving?

3) Any rooms you would request?

4) What are the restrictions for paying? I am thinking of reserving a room, but wont be able to fully pay it off until September 25th. My trip is October 10th-16th. If I book say today, can I pay the remaining part on 9/25? Also, what is the latest I can add the Dining Plan? Or will I not even be able to since I am using AP discount?

Thank you in advance to whoever answers!

I believe building 17 would be the best AB room yes!

We like building 16. I think it's just a tad closer but not a lot. It's a closer walk to the buses for sure. :)

I would like to add that AB 16 garden is the best buy in the whole place.

I guess 16 isnt too bad if you have a garden view. But Standard view I couldnt do to face cars and parking lots.

Thank you, all! We are booked in a garden view, so I think I am going to request bldg 16 or 17 :)

I am thinking of booking this for my October trip. I have a couple of questions though.

2) I am a AP holder and go to the Parks a lot. However, I have only stayed on site once (split stay at GF and AKL) so I don't know if I will be spending a lot of time in the room though, I know I will have great convenience with the buses and EMH. Would you stay on site and spend $200 more, or stay off site and save that but be driving?

4) What are the restrictions for paying? I am thinking of reserving a room, but wont be able to fully pay it off until September 25th. My trip is October 10th-16th. If I book say today, can I pay the remaining part on 9/25? Also, what is the latest I can add the Dining Plan? Or will I not even be able to since I am using AP discount?

Thank you in advance to whoever answers!

It's only as quiet as the children staying around you. Or perhaps said children's parents allow them to be. There were children screaming and squealing and playing games outside of building 27 last night around midnight. I should mention that I am nowhere near a pool or playground and I do not face the main walkway, so there was no reason for this other than other people's extreme rudeness. I'm a light sleeper, it was beyond irritating.

Tried searching for this, but nothing concrete came up.

When faxing in a room request, do you usually include the reservation number, or is a name/address enough?

Thanks in advance!

Leaving in 3 days!! :cheer2:

We will be leaving POR on Fri. Sept. 14 and was wondering if anyone would like our stroller?

My youngest is going to be 6 in October so she really is past the stroller stage, but having 14 fun filled days in Disney will be too much for her little legs. So we are dragging the stroller down there, but really don't need it when we get back. I though if someone could use it while we are there it's your and if not we'll drag it back and donate it to one of the local charities.

It's not new, but it's still in good condition. It's blue so gender neutral. The seat folds down a bit so the kido can recline and rest a bit. There is a canopy and a basket under. There is a cup holder too, but due to the dumb design it really only holds one water bottle. The other two holders are small, maybe to hold a baby bottle :confused3

Anyway if you interest send me a quick note with you info and I would be happy to meet you somewhere or leave it at registration. We will be checking out around 10 - 11 and then heading to Downtown Disney for lunch, so really I guess if your in the Downtown Disney area on the 14th between say 10 and 2 I can meet you there as well.

Just booked 2 nights at POR in a Royal Guest Room 4/18/13-4/20/13 before we have 8 nights Poly CL!!!! :yay:

I am so excited to try out the new RGR and looking forward to learning about POR! :goodvibes

Candace!!!!! :grouphug:

We just switched our WL ressie over to POR since the AP discount wasn't that great for WL. Saved a ton at POR!

As a previous poster said, it is as quiet as your neighbors are. We have been lucky and I have been fortunate enought to have "quiet" people rooming next to me, so no noise for us.

It all depends on your budget. Our family always rents a car, but the perks of staying onsite (free dining, EMH) are what make it perfect for us. Personally, I would spend the $200 to stay at POR.

I am particular to building 16, but I have never stayed there......I am keeping my fingers crossed for next October! LOL We have been in building 26 and 24. Both were very nice and I'm not one for the view.....I could care less if I'm looking at the parking lot. I'm at Disney! (and it's easier access to our car, anyway)

If you have a room-only reservation (which it seems you will have), you can pay it the day you arrive. You are only required to put down a deposit equal to one night's stay.

Thank you in advance to whoever answers! Hope you have a fantastic trip!!!!!

When faxing in a room request, do you usually include the reservation number, or is a name/address enough?

Thanks in advance!

I would absolutely include your reservation number - it's how they're going to find you!!! Remember, even though the street address may differ there may be someone of a similar name from the same town staying. I say this because my name has been mixed up with someone else from my town before! :)

We will be leaving POR on Fri. Sept. 14 and was wondering if anyone would like our stroller?
I just want to say: you are so sweet!!!! I think it's fabulous you are giving your stroller away at the end of your trip. As a mom who has done Disney with a 6 year old twice, I can tell you.....I rented a stroller each time!

Have a great trip!!!

My youngest is going to be 6 in October so she really is past the stroller stage, but having 14 fun filled days in Disney will be too much for her little legs. So we are dragging the stroller down there, but really don't need it when we get back. I though if someone could use it while we are there it's your and if not we'll drag it back and donate it to one of the local charities.

It's not new, but it's still in good condition. It's blue so gender neutral. The seat folds down a bit so the kido can recline and rest a bit. There is a canopy and a basket under. There is a cup holder too, but due to the dumb design it really only holds one water bottle. The other two holders are small, maybe to hold a baby bottle :confused3

Anyway if you interest send me a quick note with you info and I would be happy to meet you somewhere or leave it at registration. We will be checking out around 10 - 11 and then heading to Downtown Disney for lunch, so really I guess if your in the Downtown Disney area on the 14th between say 10 and 2 I can meet you there as well.

We don't have kids, but I just wanted to say this is so nice! Hope someone can use awesome offer.

P.S We are also leaving in 3 days! Race you there? :)

Looks like several of us are going to be there in 3 days!

I like Building 16 as well!! That's the one I will request when I send my fax in. I have back issues and my hubby is disabled, so a room right off the parking lot would be perfect.

I am almost positive if you request AB you will get it. In my opinion, there are more AB rooms than mansions, so that's why my theory is based on. Although, like the PP said, if you go preferred, you will be guaranteed an AB room (however, I'm cheap and won't pay the extra $25 per night. lol).

Thanks for the quick replies! I can't imagine going back to planning pre-DIS. :goodvibes

Candace!!!!! :grouphug:

We just switched our WL ressie over to POR since the AP discount wasn't that great for WL. Saved a ton at POR!

Hi Tara! :wave2:

Yeah, POR for 2 nights was much more reasonable than another 2 nights Poly CL!! :crazy2: 2 nights at POR was less than 1 night at Poly....really makes ya think...:scratchin

IrisSphere said:

Thanks in advance!

I just included my name and arrival.

Today I switched from CSR to POR for our October trip! It's a special mom and me trip to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday so we chose a Royal Room. I'm very excited but nervous because I know nothing about POR! :scared:

Today I switched from CSR to POR for our October trip! It's a special mom and me trip to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday so we chose a Royal Room. I'm very excited but nervous because I know nothing about POR! :scared:

You will love POR. We thought CSR was fine until we stayed at POR. There is no going back to CSR. We will be at POR in December. I wanted to try POFQ or Wilderness lodge but my dh and ds (18) said no way.

Read this thread and you will learn a lot about this resort. It is great and you wont regret it!

Venomhatch said:
Read this thread and you will learn a lot about this resort. It is great and you wont regret it!

Ditto. I took my mom in 2004 on the land/sea package and she still talks about our trip to this day. I have taken three other sets of friends and they loved all the amentities.

I am about to take another set of friends next year; I offered to stay at POP, because it may be more affordable. They said, NOPE, it is POR or nothing! And that is just from Andre's website and youtube videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter