Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The May 2012 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules are now available at portorleans.org. The outdoor movies will start at 9pm this month, and the daily campfires commence at 7:30pm. Full downloadable PDF versions are available on the Recreation Activities Schedule page.

Andre

Thank you for that link. Can you believe it! I didn't know you could look the schedule up ahead of time! Bookmarked!! :thumbsup2

Thank you for that link. Can you believe it! I didn't know you could look the schedule up ahead of time! Bookmarked!! :thumbsup2

Sometimes I get a copy of the list and am allowed to release it a few days early, which is great for people travelling at the end of a previous month.

Andre

Sometimes I get a copy of the list and am allowed to release it a few days early, which is great for people travelling at the end of a previous month.

Andre

Thank you :goodvibes Now that I know to look for it I will keep an eye on it just before we leave (and any time I get 'homesick' ;) )

Is there any update on the fee being waived for cabled internet access in the rooms now that Wi-Fi has been in for a few months? Or is this even still available?

I only ask because I like to keep in touch with family/friends every few days online and upload some photos/video clips for them. I found the cabled internet access to be perfectly adequate so I wondered if there is still an option to make use of this if the wi-fi is too slow to play. :confused:

Ours is also a mother/daughter trip but in this case this will be her first visit ever. It's also her first time overseas! We're going in February 2013 and I'm planing to give her the best experience ever! :wizard:

POFQ seems to be the perfect resort for these kind trips. Its smallish size makes getting around a pleasure, not a chore. And the boat to DTD is a very nice perk!

Awwww, that's so exciting!!! POFQ was my DD's first resort when she was 4 and the size was definately a huge plus. We just stayed at POR last week and were in one of the farthest buildings from the main building - so we're back at POFQ for June! :) The boat is really nice - DH and I took it several times last week to DTD just to have more restaurant choices. It was super convenient! Happy planning!!!

We leave for POFQ next Wednesday...cannot wait...will miss my kids but soooo looking forward to exploring French Quarter, Riverside, DD and the Worlds without having to rush to character signings, rides, etc.,.!!!! :cool1:

Trying to decide now whether to do online check in or not....have never done it before. :confused:

We leave for POFQ next Wednesday...cannot wait...will miss my kids but soooo looking forward to exploring French Quarter, Riverside, DD and the Worlds without having to rush to character signings, rides, etc.,.!!!! :cool1:

Trying to decide now whether to do online check in or not....have never done it before. :confused:

Michelle, we have done online check in for our previous trips. If anything, I find it makes me feel like the time is flying by. I also feel that it saves time, as your packet is generally all printed and waiting for you when you arrive. Whatever you decide - I hope you have a Magical vacation! pixiedust:

I can't believe it....Meet the Robinsons is playing on mondays in May. Leaving in 3 days for POFQ...the whole family will be super excited for MTR on monday 5/7. Works out great with dinner at 7 at Boma...we should be back just in time for the movie at 9 (or maybe a little late). this is DS9's favorite all time Disney movie!!

I looked over the activity list for May and my question is if the pool party and camp fire only happens at Riverside? Does the Quarter have their own? We are going July 18-25th staying at POFQ and the kids are looking forward to the camp fires and movies!

Thanks!

I looked over the activity list for May and my question is if the pool party and camp fire only happens at Riverside?

No, the activity list I posted here a few days ago was specifically for POFQ, including the poolside activities, movies and campfire.

The May 2012 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules are now available at portorleans.org. The outdoor movies will start at 9pm this month, and the daily campfires commence at 7:30pm. Full downloadable PDF versions are available on the Recreation Activities Schedule page.

Andre

Andre

fantastic! Thank you, I guess I didnt dig far enough. We have not stayed here and are looking forward to this beautiful hotel.

An acre is 43560 square feet..

I know what an acre is, just wasn't sure what the question was...

The whole combined site, including the Riverside section, covers a total of 325 acres. Not sure how that breaks down though, I'd guess at POFQ being just over 100 acres?

Andre

Had to catch up on my favorite thread. ;)

We are booked in a king room and have requested 1) top floor, 2) river view, and 3) NON handicapped-accessible room. I am hoping to get at least the non-HA room out of these LOL Last time at POP, I hated not having a bathtub.

I'm worried about doing online check-in though with my room requests. I know this is posted about often, but I guess if I decide to do it and don't like what we're given, I'll know better for next time, right?

A little over a month to go and I'll be in double digits FINALLY! :yay:

He means how big is POFQ? Acres is how Americans measure land. An acre is 43560 square feet. WDW is 30,500 acres. I have no idea how many acres POFQ is though.

I know what an acre is, just wasn't sure what the question was...

The whole combined site, including the Riverside section, covers a total of 325 acres. Not sure how that breaks down though, I'd guess at POFQ being just over 100 acres?

Andre

Oh my, I was tired when I answered that.:rotfl: That's what I get for trying to post on the DIS when I've been up over 24 hours and am half asleep. I should have been in bed asleep, instead of working 11pm-7am.:rotfl: I guess Brits measure land the same way we do, don't you?:laughing::rolleyes2 Sorry Andre!:rotfl::hug:

Just checked in online. A little dissapointed that they wont let you pay your balance online when you "chk in" . Anyway, getting very impatient for our trip next week. We love the FQ, cant wait to see it again:hyper:

Oh yea, I requested a ground floor room-so we'll see-:cool2:

OK, I am mostly a stalker on this board but I do LOVE it! Andre, you are the best. We all appreciate the time you put into this and the website and our trips would not be the same without you. Thanks!

Looking forward to our trip in September and some quality time at POFQ.

At this time tomorrow we should be arriving at POFQ!!!! Im so excited!!! We did online check-in and requested adjoining rooms...we did the same last year and got it so the fingers are crossed for it again. It makes things so much easier having Grampy "right through that door".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter