Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are waiting to buy our MNSSHP tix until we arrive. Once we do arrive, though, can I just purchase these at the hotel front desk or is there somewhere else I need to go to do so?

TIA :goodvibes

thanks! I guess I could call the week before we go to find out if ALL of the rooms have been switched or not. I just want to know bc we will be bringing our own coffee if it's the old basket type.

All of the guest rooms at both Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside should now feature the new Cuisinart dual-pod coffee makers, which have gradually replaced the old 4-cup filter machines over the past month or so.

These new units can make two cups of coffee simultaneously, using coffee pods which are inserted into trays through which hot water is passed. Free pods are supplied, which will be replenished daily by housekeeping.

Andre

was this answered? Is there room for a twin size air mattress, like in front of the door area or air conditioner?

So excited to be staying at POFQ in December!!!

A couple of questions....how is the blow dryer? Should I plan on bringing my own ???

And....the fridge....how big/small is it??? We want to have a few groceries delivered for breakfasts and such.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and love of POFQ! I just know we are going to love it.

So excited to be staying at POFQ in December!!!

A couple of questions....how is the blow dryer? Should I plan on bringing my own ???

And....the fridge....how big/small is it??? We want to have a few groceries delivered for breakfasts and such.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and love of POFQ! I just know we are going to love it.

I have short, fine, fairly straight hair and it was fine for me. But I have low fuss hair. If you have thick hair or need to do any kind of styling other than point and shoot, I'd bring your own.

Small square dorm fridge. Will hold some basics with no freezer section. I put a half gallon of milk, some water/soda bottles, and a few small leftovers.

Hello Plano Girl - RHMH from Fort Worth. Dont know if you remember me on the board from last year. We'll be staying at POFQ July 14th though July 21. Happy day to you.
I always know locals. :)

I hope that you enjoy your trip!

Subscribing :) . After what felt like a thousand hours of research, I decided on POFQ for my DD's sweet 16 birthday trip. First time at this resort and actually first time moderate, but I'm really looking forward to it. I love the fact the resort is smaller, although DD is a little apprehensive about having our door open right up to the outside. I booked a riverview room with no specific requests, but I think I may ask for 3rd floor when we get there. Guessing that would likely mean less foot traffic and ease DD's concerns a little bit anyway. We're booked for the first night at All Star Music and I believe Disney will take care of moving our luggage. I'll just do regular check-in when we get over to POFQ. Not sure, but I think we'll probably go straight to one of the parks that morning anyway and come back for check-in and a break during the afternoon hours.

It just hit me! I'll be checking in at POFQ in just....

1 week!!!!
:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

This will be our 6th stay there, but it's our first since the refurb. Can't wait to see the rooms!

I'll be staying here in June and can't wait! I have heard almost all great things about it. I think it's so cool they have a New Orleans theme.

It just hit me! I'll be checking in at POFQ in just....

1 week!!!!
:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

This will be our 6th stay there, but it's our first since the refurb. Can't wait to see the rooms!

We will be checking in the SAME day; Sat the 12th. I am running around like a little kid trying to get everything ready!! Maybe we will see you there :wave2:!!

Silly question- I have been looking at the new pics of the room and see a pic of a fridge. Where is it located in the room? In the sink area? They are in every room right? I was looking at a room organizing thread and am trying to figure out the space. TIA.

Silly question- I have been looking at the new pics of the room and see a pic of a fridge. Where is it located in the room? In the sink area? They are in every room right? I was looking at a room organizing thread and am trying to figure out the space. TIA.

it's inside the cabinet that the tv sits on/above.

ok, I wouldn't have thought of that...I was planning on using that space as storage...lol Well, I still will, but for cold things:rotfl2: thanks!

We have just booked our trip for next August. :cool1: We got a river view room and by looking at the resort's map I got the feeling that it will be a long walk to and from the bus stop.

Am I correct? Is there any building I should request?
Thank you! :joker:

We have just booked our trip for next August. :cool1: We got a river view room and by looking at the resort's map I got the feeling that it will be a long walk to and from the bus stop.

Am I correct? Is there any building I should request?
Thank you! :joker:

No worries, it's a tiny (in disney terms:rotfl:) resort. I'm 45, plus size and have Chronic Achilles Tendonitis, I can get from the dock to the bus stop in less than 5 minutes. Heck, I'd probably be able to do it in 3 if I hustled. If you were at the very furthest room I think the max walk to the dock or bus stop/food court would still only be 5 minutes.

It can take 5 minutes just to get to a walkway in some resorts around the world.

No worries, it's a tiny (in disney terms:rotfl:) resort. I'm 45, plus size and have Chronic Achilles Tendonitis, I can get from the dock to the bus stop in less than 5 minutes. Heck, I'd probably be able to do it in 3 if I hustled. If you were at the very furthest room I think the max walk to the dock or bus stop/food court would still only be 5 minutes.

It can take 5 minutes just to get to a walkway in some resorts around the world.

Thank you very much!:thumbsup2

I really do not mind walking. I was just thinking in terms "end of the day with a 4 year old" sake. That was reassuring.

I am sure we are going to love POFQ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter