Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ thread - Refurbished for 2011 - Now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a picture of the new rooms (with queen sized beds) somewhere? I looked through the last 10+ pages and didn't find one. Please point me to the page if I missed it. Thanks.

We have just booked our trip for next August. :cool1: We got a river view room and by looking at the resort's map I got the feeling that it will be a long walk to and from the bus stop.

Am I correct? Is there any building I should request?
Thank you! :joker:

We've been in Buildings 5 & 6 on the river and it is a very pleasant and easy walk to the bus stop. My husband is invisibly disabled and can do the walk without any trouble after an evening in a park.

I have short, fine, fairly straight hair and it was fine for me. But I have low fuss hair. If you have thick hair or need to do any kind of styling other than point and shoot, I'd bring your own.

Small square dorm fridge. Will hold some basics with no freezer section. I put a half gallon of milk, some water/soda bottles, and a few small leftovers.

Thank you so much for your answers! I do not have low maintenance hair (unless I want to look like Medusa :rotfl:) so it sounds like I'll be bringing my own dryer.

Thank you so much for your answers! I do not have low maintenance hair (unless I want to look like Medusa :rotfl:) so it sounds like I'll be bringing my own dryer.

LOL:lmao: That is me too!! My husband says "Just use the hotels dryer." I'm like "You're kidding, I'd look like a rabid animal was gnawing on my skull if I didn't use my super duper dryer and mega brush.":crazy:

I've got a load more POFQ room photos from my last trip too, I really must get round to tidying them up and uploading them! (bad Andre!)

Andre

We will be down on Saturday (WOOHOO:woohoo:) and I want to ship a case of water from Staples. They can not deliver to a P.O. Box and under the fact page I see that is where packages should go. Can I use POFQ's actual street address; 2201 Orleans Drive to have the package delivered??

Please any info is needed. Thanks!!

I want to ship a case of water from Staples. They can not deliver to a P.O. Box and under the fact page I see that is where packages should go. Can I use POFQ's actual street address; 2201 Orleans Drive to have the package delivered??

Yes, you can use the street address.

Andre

We will be down on Saturday (WOOHOO:woohoo:) and I want to ship a case of water from Staples. They can not deliver to a P.O. Box and under the fact page I see that is where packages should go. Can I use POFQ's actual street address; 2201 Orleans Drive to have the package delivered??

Please any info is needed. Thanks!!

How far in advance do you usually ship this for your visit? I am interested in doing this, now that you mentioned it. Do you just put your name on it and they hold it for you after it is delivered? Does POFQ have a charge to hold it for you? Thanks!

How far in advance do you usually ship this for your visit? I am interested in doing this, now that you mentioned it. Do you just put your name on it and they hold it for you after it is delivered? Does POFQ have a charge to hold it for you? Thanks!

I called Staples (because we get free shipping) and asked when I would need to order to have it delivered by Sat. Every store you order from is different so whomever you choose to order from call and ask. I do not believe POFQ charges to hold packages. Yes, I put the primary name from our WDW reservation on it in C/O POFQ... The street address is here

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php

Hope that helps and hope to see you next week :wave2:

I called Staples (because we get free shipping) and asked when I would need to order to have it delivered by Sat. Every store you order from is different so whomever you choose to order from call and ask. I do not believe POFQ charges to hold packages. Yes, I put the primary name from our WDW reservation on it in C/O POFQ... The street address is here

Thank you so much!!! I am going to try to do this as well. Hope you have a great trip!!! See you there!! :woohoo:

Question about the beignets in the food court... can you buy them all day or just in the morning? Are they made fresh to order?

Just worried if I get them later in the day they won't be as good...

Question about the beignets in the food court... can you buy them all day or just in the morning? Are they made fresh to order?

Just worried if I get them later in the day they won't be as good...

Not sure how long they serve them but they are always made to order. They don't leave any under a heating lamp.

They certainly weren't charging at the end of last year. As far as I know, only the convention center resorts charge for package deliveries (?)

I shipped 2 packages as per the methods described by the other posters on here. I did call first and they said it was fine. My first one arrived about 8 days before we checked in and they held it there for us no problem. When we arrived it was noted on our reservation that there were packages for us, however they were at Riverside. I understood from the CM that the packages are stored there. I think it may be that they had sent it over to POFQ for our check in, but we had been severely delayed in NY and again at MCO getting luggage due to bad weather so our anticipated 4 pm check in turned out to be 11 pm and that could have had something to do with it. We just went back the next morning and they had it all there and waiting for us. No problems at all :thumbsup2

I booked my upcoming trip using a bounceback discount from a previous trip. The only rooms available with the discount were standard view rooms. Does anyone know what building those rooms are likely to be in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter