Poll- Your Pet peeves

People who talk during the shows. Some try to whisper, some not. It doesn't matter, we can still hear your voice, and it is very disruptive. The bottom line is this: If you open your mouth WE CAN HEAR YOU.

And, don't show up AFTER the show has started and start looking for seats. Sit your butt down in the back row. When you come in, stand around and try to look for seats, you are in our way and disturbing everyone. You should have arrived well before the show began to look for the perfect seat LIKE MY FAMILY JUST DID!!

Soooo rude to show up late, it drives me absolutely nuts!

This! Omg! This!

People who talk during the shows. Some try to whisper, some not. It doesn't matter, we can still hear your voice, and it is very disruptive. The bottom line is this: If you open your mouth WE CAN HEAR YOU.

And, don't show up AFTER the show has started and start looking for seats. Sit your butt down in the back row. When you come in, stand around and try to look for seats, you are in our way and disturbing everyone. You should have arrived well before the show began to look for the perfect seat LIKE MY FAMILY JUST DID!!

Soooo rude to show up late, it drives me absolutely nuts!

Yes!! I walked out of a show on the Fantasy because so many people around me were using that time to plan out their schedule for the next day and would NOT shut up.

Seriously people. No one is forced to sit through the shows. If you would rather plan your schedule, there are plenty of places to do it that are not the theatre where a show is going on!

I usually try to sit further back because you get a better view (the whole stage) and there is usually less chance of having to deal with people (kids or otherwise) singing along. Unless the cast is asking you to sing, just DON'T. You are not being paid to sing. They are. And invariably someone will be loudly singin how they think the song is supposed to go, but it is altered a bit in the show, and it ruins the show for everyone around them. Sing other places all you want - or save it for karaoke - but shut your mouth during the show! (Sadly I have had to ask people to not sing during shows on Broadway too. So that pet peeve does not limit itself to the ships.)

sometimes it's as if people go out of their way to be inconsiderate or ill-groomed.

But then I remember that I was raised in a society that was taught manners and pride and that your needs do not outweigh your neighbor's needs...think Spock to Kirk in Wrath of Kahn (I know, wrong studio) ....

So, I am resigned to being a dinosaur who tries to instill manners and self-worth into my grandchildren...while society evolves (devolves?) around me....

People who use their outside voices/feet (talking loudly, yelling, running) in the halls. It is "their" vacation, but it is also "my" vacation and I might be trying to take a nap. :rolleyes: Yep, it is all about "me". :goodvibes

This is my pet peeve as well. A lot of noise comes in under that space between the bottom of the door and the carpet. Especially irritating are the parents that let their little ones run ahead of them down the halls and then the kids stop (usually at my door it seems), turn around and then yell something back to Mom and Dad.

How about having the elevator stop and the people getting in are going up or down one deck.

Or getting in the elevator and someone pushed all the buttons.

I have MS. While usually I can handle it, occasionally my legs aren't up for that single flight of stairs. Not sure why my short elevator ride is a pet peeve. It takes up about 30 seconds.

This is my pet peeve as well. A lot of noise comes in under that space between the bottom of the door and the carpet. Especially irritating are the parents that let their little ones run ahead of them down the halls and then the kids stop (usually at my door it seems), turn around and then yell something back to Mom and Dad.
I have always taught my son to use a "hotel voice" in the hall.

I have MS. While usually I can handle it, occasionally my legs aren't up for that single flight of stairs. Not sure why my short elevator ride is a pet peeve. It takes up about 30 seconds.
There are many very good reasons why someone takes an elevator one floor. But sometimes, it looks like people who should have no trouble with stairs (young, fit people) are taking space in the elevator and possibly making others wait, only to go one floor up or down. For someone fit and able and not encumbered with things, it can even be easier and faster to take the stairs, leaving the elevator's premium space for people like you, who need it.

That said, I blame our culture of locking stairwells in many buildings, as that deters people from using the stairs, thus making the elevator the habitual option. If people stopped to think about it, they might use the stairs, but they can't at work or at the doctor's office, so they don't in other places, either.

There are many very good reasons why someone takes an elevator one floor. But sometimes, it looks like people who should have no trouble with stairs (young, fit people) are taking space in the elevator and possibly making others wait, only to go one floor up or down. For someone fit and able and not encumbered with things, it can even be easier and faster to take the stairs, leaving the elevator's premium space for people like you, who need it.

That said, I blame our culture of locking stairwells in many buildings, as that deters people from using the stairs, thus making the elevator the habitual option. If people stopped to think about it, they might use the stairs, but they can't at work or at the doctor's office, so they don't in other places, either.

You can't judge a book by its cover. I'm lower 40s and petite. Probably look quite "fit". Even if I was, I suppose I'd be as entitled as anyone else to use the elevator if I felt like it.

I think we'd all be better off not judging each other.

This doesn't bother me at all for kids under, say, 12 or so. Once you are old enough to have a job, drive a car, or vote, yes, please get dressed.

I saw a funny incident involving this on my cruise. This woman came to breakfast at Cabanas one morning in what was obviously a sleep shirt and a pair of very tiny shorts like she just rolled out of bed. One of the CMs made the hilarious comment 'Looks like someone forgot they were on a Disney ship'

You can't judge a book by its cover. I'm lower 40s and petite. Probably look quite "fit". Even if I was, I suppose I'd be as entitled as anyone else to use the elevator if I felt like it.

Mmm... I do agree about judging. You are also correct about everyone being entitled to the elevator. It's just that some, as you know, have no other choice. I'm not trying to say anything against you, by the way.

This is kinda a guilty pleasure thread. Lots of people are being a little judgmental on it. Not to be mean or say someone is a bad person, just to say the things that bug them. Loud in the halls. PJs at breakfast. Using the elevator for one floor if you are healthy instead of leaving it for people that need it. Actually, that is probably the least judgmental one.

We are just talking about things that get under our skin. Maybe some of the things aren't even such a big deal, they just bug us personally. I don't think people are saying someone is "a bad person" for taking an elevator one flight.

How can you have a pet peeves thread and not be judgemental? Most people are bugged by things that other people do. For me it's able bodied people and kids taking the elevators. Yes some people need elevators, but the majority of people are just lazy.

If someone is sitting in a show and pulls out a phone or camera we should have a free pass to slap it out of their hand. Just bat that baby to the ground. NO.

Being served food at Palo Brunch instead of serving ourselves is my biggest peeve lately. It feels so awkward and uncomfortable to me.

Are they still doing this? I thought I read that you could actually go and get your own food like it used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter