Poll- Your Pet peeves

God forbid some of us expect people to follow the rules, and are slightly irritated by those who break said explicitly stated rules... Also, clearly you've never had to deal with someone smoking up your verandah. :sad2:

First off KBinCO never said anything about smoking on a verandah. Secondly, do you honestly think that's what DCL means regarding saving seats? If I show up 30 minutes early to a show with a family of 6, so we can have good seats, then my 6 year old has to go to the bathroom 20 mins later, do you really believe the entire family should get up, go to the bathroom with the 6 year old and then go back into the theatre to find seats again?

And if you do believe that, what do you do at the pool? If your boyfriend has to use the restroom or wants a drink, ice cream, etc. do you gather all your belongings, go with him, and then find new chairs? What about at the buffet? In line for a character meet and greet? Standing in line for an attraction at WDW or DL?

Let's take it out of the world of Disney. If you were in line at the grocery store and a member of your party remembered they needed something 2 aisles away, would you get out of line, go with them to get it, and get back at the end of the line?

I agree, rules absolutely need to be followed, but I would bet there isn't a DCL cast member that would agree with your interpretation of the seat saving rule.

I'm talking about saving seats before the show starts. If you have to use the restroom during the show, that's different than saving a seat while everyone is still filing in and searching for a seat. Getting a drink and going to the restroom immediately after sitting down, before the show even starts, is just rude. You should have done that before choosing your seat. It says all over the personal navigators that the saving of seats in the Walt Disney Theatre is not allowed. It's not fair to those of us that follow the rules. It's not like I'm going to try to steal a seat someone is saving... But I will think they're rude for doing so, and then I will go about my day.

So you think it's rude to use the restroom before a show starts but it's not rude to get up during a live performance and interrupt all the people watching the performance to go to the restroom?

Hear hear, Club Disney Chandler & KBinCO.

Parents with little children will understand this. It is very possible for a young child, with a smaller-than-adult-size bladder, to use the restroom right before sitting down AND need to go to the restroom again within 10 minutes, before the show starts.

Are you seriously suggesting if that's the case our whole family will have to vacate our seats simply because our little one needs to go again, even if we did use the restroom right before finding our seats?

I said if you sit down and members of your party immediately get back up to go to the bathroom. Maybe you guys should read my post before you get defensive about your kids' bathroom habits? :rolleyes:

It's mostly people who save seats for people getting snacks that really bugs me, anyway. You gotta go when you gotta go (though immediately after choosing seats isn't really realistic, 20-25 minutes after doing so it's whatever), but you should definitely be getting snacks as a group before sitting down.

When I see a cast member coming out of the accessible bathroom after waiting a long to time use it. ( no they were no in there cleaning it.)

People who take pictures during the stage shows when they have been told it is prohibited. The camera light is annoying.

The people who see a bunch of chairs lined up at that elevator after the safety drill and just bud in and take the first elevator.

People who do not push in their chairs when they leave the table on deck 9 or swim area. Makes getting around in a chair a lot more difficult.

Any craft events held in O'Gills. Can not see the craft items because the tables are so high.

The fact that Disney still does not have one beach mat (Mobimats) to make access to the ocean easier. Lots of places have these so chairs can get through the sand without you having to worry if the person who is pushing the beach chair will have a heart attack from how strenuous it is to push one.

The self righteousness of non smokers. Who sarcastically say "see even smoking where the sign says no smoking. Not reading the small writing underneath that says except from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.

The fact the new Handicap re imagined rooms only have Two 3 prong plugs that are in very awkward spots to plug in needed medical equipment.

When I see a cast member coming out of the accessible bathroom after waiting a long to time use it. ( no they were no in there cleaning it.)

People who take pictures during the stage shows when they have been told it is prohibited. The camera light is annoying.

The people who see a bunch of chairs lined up at that elevator after the safety drill and just bud in and take the first elevator.

People who do not push in their chairs when they leave the table on deck 9 or swim area. Makes getting around in a chair a lot more difficult.

Any craft events held in O'Gills. Can not see the craft items because the tables are so high.

The fact that Disney still does not have one beach mat (Mobimats) to make access to the ocean easier. Lots of places have these so chairs can get through the sand without you having to worry if the person who is pushing the beach chair will have a heart attack from how strenuous it is to push one.

The self righteousness of non smokers. Who sarcastically say "see even smoking where the sign says no smoking. Not reading the small writing underneath that says except from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.

The fact the new Handicap re imagined rooms only have Two 3 prong plugs that are in very awkward spots to plug in needed medical equipment.

Bolded what I can really agree/empathize with. About the flash photography, I've also noticed a LOT of that going on inside attractions at WDW lately, though I haven't noticed it while cruising - it'd definitely be annoying if it was anywhere near the frequency I've seen it happen during some attractions... I hate seeing anyone cutting in lines at the elevators, especially considering how busy they can get! Also, even though I'm not a smoker I'm all for taking advantage of the smoking decks whenever you can do so. People should read the signs before they make snide remarks directed at you. That'd probably bother my Dad, who is a smoker, a little bit if that happened to him.

Just wanted to point out that while I agree about the flash photography, if you have a family member in the show (like when they have kids on stage to be the dwarfs) those with a family member in the show are told by cm they are allowed to snap pictures of their child even though photography is not allowed. Just wanted to point that out as we were in that situation two years ago, and I felt very guilty and self-conscious about taking a picture of my daughter on stage because I figured everyone was looking at me and thinking I was just disregarding the rule as they did not know the CM told me I was permitted to take photos at that point!)

I will just point out regarding flash photography that it endangers the performers on stage (clearly when the kids are up there lights are higher all around the theatre, and more or less people are still at that point). Especially on a ship there are al kinds of things in the stage that could create hazards if they go out of the performer's sight due to a blind spot caused by a flash - not to mention if something like a trap door fails to close adequately or opens early or the performer is slightly off their mark. Heck, that kind of thing has happened on Broadway without the flash photography danger not to mention if you're on a ship where rules aren't exactly enforced like on Broadway - and people have ended up with broken ribs, broken legs, and other injuries. Think about the size of some of the things that come out of the traps - would you really want to cause someone to fall that far because of your flash?

Not to mention that your view screen either for the prohibited flash photography (heck, even the not-prohibited non-flash photography) or the prohibited videoing is annoying as heck to everyone behind you. Not only the light but we don't want to see it in miniature as an inset in our view of the stage.

I said if you sit down and members of your party immediately get back up to go to the bathroom. Maybe you guys should read my post before you get defensive about your kids' bathroom habits? :rolleyes:

It's mostly people who save seats for people getting snacks that really bugs me, anyway. You gotta go when you gotta go (though immediately after choosing seats isn't really realistic, 20-25 minutes after doing so it's whatever), but you should definitely be getting snacks as a group before sitting down.

Why does it matter to you if they are getting snacks, using the restroom, etc. and when they are doing it? And for as many pet peeves as you have, why do you continue to cruise? Dear lord, stop taking everyone's inventories and enjoy life!

. The people who see a bunch of chairs lined up at that elevator after the safety drill and just bud in and take the first elevator. .

After the drill DCL should designate one or two elevators for handicapped (wheelchairs) only and station a cast member to help.

Luckily we have not encountered anyone smoking on the balcony. But we are non smokers and I would much prefer totally nonsmoking ships. Given thst probably won't happen it is particularly annoying on the Magic because the smoking section on 9 takes up one entire side of the Cove, the adult only area. And since most of it is partially enclosed the smoke smell from the area outside the arcade all the way to the doors into the spa make that side virtually unusable. I wish they would designate smoking only on 10 and build a special enclosed area. Also there is a smoking area on 4 which I think is close to shuffleboard...again making it hard to use. I have daughters who smoke and have tried to get them to quit for years. My grand daughter who is a freshman in college can't get her mother to quit and hates coming home to visit because all her stuff smells like smoke when she leaves. Don't mean this to be an indictment on smoking...it's just too bad it impacts so many other people. Also to the person who couldn't use their balcony because of a smoker, I can tell you we would be on the phone and st guest services constantly until it was rectified. And my lawyer husband would be writing multiple letters to management asking for the refund of the difference between the cost of a balcony and a cabin with only a window since the ship did nothing to ensure we could actually use the balcony.

According to your post, you said you didn't like anyone saving even one seat, and that was not accompanied by your caveats of it having to be right after they sit down or when going certain places.

I simply think you are misinterpreting this 'rule', or taking it far too seriously.

my pet peeve is people who take the "no saving seats rule" too seriously. Last day of our cruise me, wife, and son were watching Heros of the Galaxy with standing room only. My son had to go to restroom and as soon as I got up to take - AS SOON AS I STOOD UP - some man and wife moved in to take our seats. I politely said, "we'll be back, just going to potty" and the dude loudly said "NO SAVING SEATS!"

I said "Are you seriously going to take a 4 year old's seat at a kid's movie?" - the families around me chuckled at the baffoon and he went back to stand in teh isle.

For some reason, people on cruises leave their common sense and sensibilities at the pier.

Other pet peeves:

• People who plow on to elevator before you can even get out.
  • People who move our stuff from a pool chair when we take a dip in the pool or go potty.
  • People who crowd in front of everyone else in the food line at CC to demand their special "hypo allergenic" meals (yes, I'm talking to YOU, lady!)
  • Savage children in kid's club
  • Parents who bring their kids in to the bars after 9pm and then yell at the CM when told they cant be there.
  • The person in front of me holding spots in line for their kids, their extended family's kids, and the family they just met kids...

My biggest peeve, people simply not being polite in crowded environments.

Simply things... people get off the elevator first.. then new people get on...
"excuse me" goes a REALLY long way with me...

My pet peeve, people talking loudly/running in the hallways. Children and adults ;) need to use their inside voices/feet on the ship. It all goes back to being polite and being aware of other people.

And for as many pet peeves as you have, why do you continue to cruise? Dear lord, stop taking everyone's inventories and enjoy life!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

So true. With my total of two pet peeves, I should just never cruise again! What am I thinking?! :p

I think some people need to brush up on their definition "pet peeve":
"A pet peeve or pet hate is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to themselves, to a greater degree than others may find it. These behaviours may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues. A key aspect of a pet peeve is that it may well seem acceptable to others."

A minor annoyance isn't the same thing as something that enrages you and ruins your day/time... It bugs you for maybe a few minutes and then you forget about it, until you are, say, prompted about what your pet peeves are.

I like many have the pet peeve of people with a selfish "me" first/only/above all others attitude that a number seem to exhibit by themselves or with their families, but this past cruise I developed a Disney focused pet peeve - the up-sell.

I've never seen the add-on/up-sell pushed as much previous cruises as my last this past week. Have a welcome on-board drink (literally accosted when entering Cabanas as they stood there right at the entrances by the elevators), buy an excursion cooler while walking around, want to add a wine package for dinner - we already had a bottle on the table from one arrange prior to the cruise. Even with a relaxing massage (they tried to up-sell to a hot stone massage) I'm being told and sold after what was used and what I need to buy with prices written on the back of my reservation form. It had me turn literally into a snob not wanting to be interrupted, product pushed onto us, bothered, pestered to spend more money than I had as such did diminish my enjoyment at times with certain activity.

I've bought a welcome aboard drink previous while seated our first lunch, I have bought a cooler package when the table used to be beside the Port Excursions desk and have bought a length of cruise Rainforest pass during an open house but this past cruise it felt many CM's selling lacked the Disney magic and sensitivity in how to sell or they are being directly incented to sell.

Watching a new release movie Big Hero Six, and two young kids running into the theater screaming out loud how the movie ends and running out! Thanks a lot!

Watching a new release movie Big Hero Six, and two young kids running into the theater screaming out loud how the movie ends and running out! Thanks a lot!

My pet peeve is the theatre popcorn. Its the folks who try and make the loudest crunching noises through the whole show - just distracts my attention. I had a child eating popcorn with their mouth open the entire show nearby.
Just my own pet peeve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter