~~Please read~~ Announcing a BIG idea! - NEW UPDATE p.8!

tarheelmjfan - you got it spot on :) The idea is to be family friendly, but not exclusive - I want it to have something to offer to everyone, whether they be a family of four or a solo adult :) Also, to point out the obvious, not all kids are little! Remember, a 15 year old would otherwise have to be pulled from school just as much as an 8 year old ;)

Whilst I can see some people would still prefer not to take their kids to somewhere like the Adventurers Club, I feel it also opens it up to more people who have wanted to try it but have been put off by the adult atmosphere of PI. I have to disagree about the Illuminations Dessert party - are there really many kids who wouldn't enjoy getting to scoff a plate of yummy cakes and then watch some fireworks afterwards without having to sit around getting antsy for an hour somewhere beforehand just so they can get a good view?

Westjones - I've been looking at AK closely for the very reasons you've stated (plus they have a number of <i>particularly</i> cool things on offer there)...aside from the Water Parks it's the only park that closes at an early hour. A big bonus in this instance as we're only allowed to do things after regular park hours so at MGM and EPCOT we'd probably not be looking at things starting before 10pm. Not impossible for littler kids, but not ideal either.

Just one of the many things I'll continue to chew over in the days to come ;)

I'm interested in these events as well. This sounds like a great opportunity. We did an Illuminations dessert party as part of a wedding - it was great! And I haven't been to AC since we moved here. I like the sound of the Haunted Mansion dinner - my DS 5 would love it - he loves all that creepy stuff!

Here's an idea - when I worked for Disney they had a dinner in Epcot at the Energy ride in the Dinosaur room - way cool! But I didn't get to attend (too low on the totem pole!)

Count another 2 adults and 2 children!

:earsgirl:

Yup! Along with the HM Movie set you can have dinner in the Dinosaur room on Ellen's Energy Adventure...or the set of the Great Movie ride...or on the stage of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular...or in the entire area of Harambe...or around Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon. You used to be able to have a 'New York street party' in MGM too, but I'm not sure if that's still an option since they are messing with the backlot area over there due to the new show.

Just thought I'd throw a few of the neat things on offer that I've come across during my research :)

You may want to contact the people who organize Mousefest or the RADP meets each year - maybe they can give you some pointers...

That's also when we're just finishing the school year and most likely making up a day or more for snow days - so we can't make it this year, but hope you all make it so successful and fun that everyone will want to do it again next year (hopefully at a time when we can be there, too) !!! How awesome of you, Penny!!!:smooth:

for a repeat in 2006..........we won't be able to go in 2005 for several reasons, but were hoping to schedule a June trip in 2006 anyway for younger ds's fourth birthday. I sure hope enough people do it and it's wildly successful this year, so we can join in next year!

We will be arriving at WDW on June 18 so I would like to know what the events will be! We are a fimily of 5.
Looking forward to hearing more!

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

We usually go for a Mother/Daughter birthday trip in August, but this would be better for my schedule and now that our DD is over 18 she probably could be persuaded too! Let us know how this planning goes...

Elin

Another one interested in this! My family of four will be there June 17th through the 27th! Thanks for organizing this!

:sunny:

Your a saint!! what an undertaking... I would love to go.

the Dessert illuminations sounds delicious. the after hours in park sounds superb.... as well as everything else you are suggestiong...... my kids will be 15 and 14 at that time...(i miss them being little so much) but they are still big DIS fans and that makes me happy.
I know there are a 1000 ??????, I have, but I believe, at this point you are just trying to book activities at WDW...
so this would mean whomever signs on would go ahead and get their own room at WDW or where they choose???

or are you thinking one hotel for all
just curious

anyhow very interested....

If there is anyway to make it work...I'll be there as well - only for a weekend though. I'm in school year-round now.

:wave2: princess:

had to call DH who is at business dinner tonite....

he is more excited than me...

okay, we want in.....
keep me/us posted

As I keep reading, I am more and more excited!!! Would special group rates for a hotel be possible? Would it be better than an AP type rate? Also could we order meal vouchers as a group?

Also wanted to add...if there is any way I can help please feel free to drop me a line!

We're interested. We will be there the 13th - 18th. Would love the Illuminations desert, after hours park event or character meals. We are a family of 5 with dd's 3, 7 and 11 at time of travel.

What a great idea and thanks for all the time you seem to have already spent trying to pull this off.

JT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter