• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

I bought the cartridge to make the Mickey heads but never used it. I should be working on my scrapbbok also. I never even scraped last years trip and now we wnt again. So 2 trips waiting to be done. Oh well hopefully soon.:rolleyes:

I have both Mickey cartridges, both pooh cartridges and both princess cartridges. I use them most out of all of my cartridges.:lovestruc

These are so awesome. Now I have more to do! My DH is going to think that I am certifiable if I start one more project!:lmao:

Looking for the Disney Stick People where under the Creative board is it.?

P4180004.jpg

P4180003.jpg

P4180002.jpg

Disneymomma....do you mind if I ask you were/how you did the large poster? We are going for my daughter's 5th birthday as well, and I would love to do something like this.

Looking for the Disney Stick People where under the Creative board is it.?

Here is a link to one lady who does it, there could be more I am unsure. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1966202
Or you could search for others by going here
http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Disneymomma....do you mind if I ask you were/how you did the large poster? We are going for my daughter's 5th birthday as well, and I would love to do something like this.

I just did it with a program we have here at work but I just used a large poster board and added to it with the Mickey heads from Home Depot! Good Luck!! It was fun doing it, we are going for Halloween and I'll do the same kind of window only with Halloween colors!!:thumbsup2

So many excellent ideas! I love the long string garlands of different color Mickey Heads! That should be very easy to pack :thumbsup2

I've been doing the clings (clear sheets. Thanks to seeing ideas on the DIS) but in the past stayed at OKW and didn't bother with the windows. Instead I'd put them on the fridge. I did put one small cling on the room door at OKW and it stayed. I haven't tried it since that time.

Color window clings? Did I see someone bought solid colored sheets of cling? where did you get those? I'm off to review my scrapbook paper to see what I can come up with for fun garland :thumbsup2

Would any of you feel comfortable with decorating your doors at a moderate or deluxe resort. I'm thinking about doing it at AKL and even posted a thread in the resort board and I'm hearing a lot of heat. Especially that it's only proper to do at a value. Thoughts??

I probably wouldnt do it at a Deluxe, but I've seen many photos of the Moderates having windows decorated. BUT, that is just me. I would call AKL and see if you could drape something on your balcony, or put it in the window. Most people going to the Deluxes go because of the "fancier" decor (or because Poly, GF, & Cont are on the monorail) and may find it "tacky"...I wouldnt, I would think its fun...but you might have someone who would complain that they are paying for a nicer hotel and it takes away from that.

Would any of you feel comfortable with decorating your doors at a moderate or deluxe resort. I'm thinking about doing it at AKL and even posted a thread in the resort board and I'm hearing a lot of heat. Especially that it's only proper to do at a value. Thoughts??

I probably wouldnt do it at a Deluxe, but I've seen many photos of the Moderates having windows decorated. BUT, that is just me. I would call AKL and see if you could drape something on your balcony, or put it in the window. Most people going to the Deluxes go because of the "fancier" decor (or because Poly, GF, & Cont are on the monorail) and may find it "tacky"...I wouldnt, I would think its fun...but you might have someone who would complain that they are paying for a nicer hotel and it takes away from that.

I'd be careful of doing anything on the balcony at AKL because of the animals, especially if you're savanna view. A piece of a decoration getting loose has the potential to become more of a problem than the annoying piece of litter it would be elsewhere, you know?

I saw a lot of decorated windows/doors at POR when we stayed there, but I've never seen a decorated door or balcony at either WL or BC on our deluxe stays, so I do tend to think it is more of a mods/values thing. The doors at the deluxes are so much less visible that I don't think I'd bother with decorating there, but I have every intention of doing something a little festive with the windows on our next stay (at CSR).

We're staying at WL in September and I'm definitey making a sign for our door! :thumbsup2 Nothing crazy...just something to say that we are celebrating our birthdays!! :goodvibes

I love this thread!

Does anyone have any pictures of Halloween decorated windows? I have some ideas with what to do with our window at POFQ this October (and it involves my Cricut!), but I would LOVE to see what others have done!

SANY1018.jpg

Christmas 2008. I decorated my window in September '07 and '08 as well, so I'll have to dig up those pictures.

(This was at the end of the week, and for some reason the mickey's had started curling up. This isn't a very good picture, but I guess it's the only one I took?)

We loved decorating our window last year at POP. This year, we will be at Saratoga Springs. Is it possible to decorate a window or a door here?

We are staying at the Contemporary and I plan on decorating my door/window. If someone doesn't like it, they can just turn their head the other way.

I made decorations out of foam craft paper a few years back, put them up at SSR 2 years ago and at BWV last year. I plan on using them again this year. They took some time to make, cost a few $$$ and my guys and I love them (my hubby just shakes his head).:rotfl:

I was wondering if it is worth my time/energy/creativity to decorate my door at AKL? Or does anyone do that there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter