• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

How do you all do the Mickey heads on the string???

First I put up the Boo "garland" thing using Command adhesive hooks.

IMG_3583.jpg

Then I tied fishing line to the garland and taped the Mickey head to the bottom of each line. I taped them on last so they were facing the right direction and I didn't have to make them two sided. It worked for the most part. I think I had one that hung backwards no matter what I did.

IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

DSC04356.jpg

These decorations are wonderful!! Plan on decorating my room window for Halloween on my upcoming visit. Can I tape things to the window (just the window)?

I LOVE these! We are about to work on our decorations for this year this weekend. I bought the huge sheet of lime green poster paper so I need to start cuttink everything out and decorating. I also bought several things of Halloween window clings yesterday that I will be excited to use.

Here is one we did last year. I had taken the "boo to you" set of window clings but they melted in the car that day. I was SOOOO sad as I had just bought them for the trip and was really looking forward to putting them in the window.

Well... I thought I had them but I just remembered I lost my pics when my comp crashed and those were some of the ones we could not get back. :( I will have some to share as soon as we get back this year. :rotfl:

Terk they dont allow tape on the windows. From what is said they usually will charge you if you put it up. You can use sticky stuff that teachers use though.

I used regular scotch tape on the door and windows last month and didn't have a problem at 2 different resorts. :confused3

We are going for our 1st trip on 9/25/09. I had NO IDEA that people decorated doors and windows! I was so excited to see all the pictures people posted. I am not the most crafty person in the world but I'm gonna give it a go!!!!!

I cant wait to go. I've got our decorations all ready. I just need to get a timer for our lights.

So, I have been looking for a magnetic white board w/ lime green boarder and been unlucky so far (walmart sold out) for our door. Well, I was at the PX today and was looking in the $1 section and found a white board doorknob hanger thingy in Lime Green. I bought it and figured that was better than nothing. It came w/ a dry erase marker too!!!!

Terk they dont allow tape on the windows. From what is said they usually will charge you if you put it up. You can use sticky stuff that teachers use though.

I've used tape on the windows without problem. I use just a teeny tiny bit though. Whatever you use, just be careful that you are not causing any damage.:)

Hi, I have done a search and can't seem to find an answer so I hope you don't mind me asking here!

We will be leaving next week and will be staying at POP for the first time! :cool1: We will be celebrating my twins 5th birthday and would really love to decorate my window for the occasion and to make it extra special for them. My problem is that I can't find the printable window clings anywhere around me even the regular Disney ones for that matter!!) and I don't have time to order them online. What else can I possibly do to stick things to the window if I can't use tape? Any suggestions? I can make things with my cricut and computer, but what would be the best way to display that on the window? Any help would be very appreciated!

You could get a banner and attach it to the window w/ suction cup (tie the ends to the cups).
Hi, I have done a search and can't seem to find an answer so I hope you don't mind me asking here!

We will be leaving next week and will be staying at POP for the first time! :cool1: We will be celebrating my twins 5th birthday and would really love to decorate my window for the occasion and to make it extra special for them. My problem is that I can't find the printable window clings anywhere around me even the regular Disney ones for that matter!!) and I don't have time to order them online. What else can I possibly do to stick things to the window if I can't use tape? Any suggestions? I can make things with my cricut and computer, but what would be the best way to display that on the window? Any help would be very appreciated!

We have stayed at Pop numerous times and have always decorated our window. We have used tape for banners on the doors and suction cups/gel and window clings. It has never been a problem. The kids love coming back to a decorated room !

What is the count of lights, and how many strands to go around the window at POFQ? Anyone remember? In Dec. we are doing a combo Christmas and DDs 13th Birthday.

I picked up my 100 light strand of lights, 3M hooks, garland and Tink and Mickey window clings from Target yesterday. Now all I need is a small wreath for the door! I'm packing my box to ship and I am ready to go!!!

Okay ya'll I'm shipping my box down in 2 days....let me know if I have everything!!!! I have my 2 strands of lights, suction cups to hold lights to window, gel clings, window decor, REMOVABLE stickie for window (to hold paper) and door, surge protector, dry erase board for door, HDhead garland.... am I forgetting anything b4 I ship it (I also added our swimsuits and autograph books)???? Staying at ASSports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter