• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perplexed about half closed Hollywood Studios disunplugged view.

I have to add that I will probably not be tempted to go back until some of what they are building is completed. I've done all the rides and shows that are there and I see no reason to go back until the construction is over. But that is someone who has been going there since the park opened. If you are not a Star wars fan or if you are not into the shows, you are going to be searching for something to do. I did another guest stop me and ask where the kids rides were. And when you think about there really aren't any rides for young children beyond what. I directed them to some of the shows too. There are many great shows to enjoy with young children but rides are much harder to find

Like I said I've been going to that park for a long time. And it's a shadow of what it used to be. The updates are needed and will add much to this lovely park when its done

What's your thoughts on someone who has never been there.

I forgot about backlot and I guess that animation building changing to the star wars museum and meet and greet we could count as missing now. I'm not sure I would say backlot closed as it closed in 2014 and to be honest, was it really the same after it got shorter? To me it felt like one of those attractions that stayed around a lot longer than it should have just to have more to do in HS.

(Cough) Great Movie Ride (Cough)

Have you ever hugged a Wookie? There's a certain smell that comes with that costume.

1. They won't know what's missing/closed down if they've never been before.
2. It helps if they are star wars fans

Our first experience at DHS was in 2013 when everything was still open. And everything that is now closed? We didn't even bother with then. We just found the whole idea that Disney would be able to do the Universal thing better than Universal to be laughable, and deliberately avoided the Backlot Tour, LMA (which just screamed cheese to us), etc. And HIStK held no value for us at all (we were familiar with giant blades of grass from A Bug's Land at DCA and the HIStA movie from DL.) Even the Animation Building we were more or less familiar with from DCA. So in our case, our first time to DHS was essentially to the park as it is now (just with a little less Star Wars.) I have to think there are other people who just weren't moved by the back of park attractions, like we weren't. The only thing we wish we could have experienced is the Osborne Lights, since our first experience in December at DHS was last year, after the lights were retired. But when I do Disney, I just don't think "Stunt Show" or Universal tram.

:confused3

I think it just comes down to how people tour each park for example there are some podcast tah say that Animal Kingdom is a half day park and staying the whole day at it is waste of time, I completely disagree with that I have spent whole days in it many times and I live in Toronto where we have the third largest zoo in the world and visit it multiple time a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter