Panicking - Booked trip for November, just found out wife is pregnant

Oops I just reread your post and you'll have 6 people including baby! I think the standard rooms only sleep 5, or were you anticipating using 2 Qn, daybed for the 18mo and a crib for the baby? That's the only thing (sleeping arrangement) that makes me wonder. Or - if you cosleep, would you costless with baby in a king bed, then put the 2 older kids in the sofa bed and get a crib for the 18 mo old? That could work too, though that's a lot of people for 1 bathroom in the morning.

It is totally doable and traveling with an 8 week old is actually quite easy. (note: DD1 was a c-section baby who had horrible colic and reflux, and who was a struggle with BFing the first 3-4 weeks, and she was actually easier to handle away from home (in a hotel with housekeeping and where you could easily eat out, take a stroller, carrier, what have you, was actually easier than being home.)
this totally depends on the temperament of both child and parent. DD had horrible colic and the couple of hotel nights we did with her were absolute misery, would not wish it on my worst enemy. There is simply no way to know how it will go until the baby is here.

My DD also completely refused to be worn in anything, carrier, sling, ect we tried it all, and no go. She just screamed and was not content in the swing or stroller so it was hands on at all times.

this totally depends on the temperament of both child and parent. DD had horrible colic and the couple of hotel nights we did with her were absolute misery, would not wish it on my worst enemy. There is simply no way to know how it will go until the baby is here.

My DD also completely refused to be worn in anything, carrier, sling, ect we tried it all, and no go. She just screamed and was not content in the swing or stroller so it was hands on at all times.

Not sure if you noticed my response - with DD1 I had had a c-section and she had terrible colic and reflux. We actually did better while traveling with her - which we did from 6-12 weeks all over Europe and Brazil.

In any event, yeah, there's no way to know for sure until baby is here, but that's the case with a lot of things in life, isn't it? Unfortunately it also sounds like the OP doesn't have much flexibility in changing dates, etc.

I'd actually be more concerned about space and bathroom with so many people, and wonder if it would be possible, if OP had his heart set on GF, to take the room reservation and turn it into a DVC points rental. Even a studio would get more bathroom flexibility, and a 1BR would get a full kitchen and a w/d.

Not sure if you noticed my response - with DD1 I had had a c-section and she had terrible colic and reflux. We actually did better while traveling with her - which we did from 6-12 weeks all over Europe and Brazil.

In any event, yeah, there's no way to know for sure until baby is here, but that's the case with a lot of things in life, isn't it? Unfortunately it also sounds like the OP doesn't have much flexibility in changing dates, etc.

I'd actually be more concerned about space and bathroom with so many people, and wonder if it would be possible, if OP had his heart set on GF, to take the room reservation and turn it into a DVC points rental. Even a studio would get more bathroom flexibility, and a 1BR would get a full kitchen and a w/d.
Yes, I saw your response, I quoted it. I was pointing out that my experience traveling with a colicky baby was 180 degrees different and a total nightmare. To the point that if I had to do it for a week, I would have likely ended up in a hospital. My only point was to,say that there is no way to predict what experience the OP will have and that maybe it isn't worth the risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter