Pandora to open next summer

I read an article today that the avatar land is opening earlier than their original summer 2017 date. The article said in a "few short months". Does anyone know the new opening date? We are going this May 6th-13th. Hoping it's opened for when we are there!

Disney has not said anything beyond Summer 2017. Based on the construction progress we can see it looks to be on target for early summer.

Actually the boats just arrived on property. They have had a single boat available, but no the ride isn't in full test mode.
That's not what I've heard. Obviously the one boat has been used for a test ride through as seen in the video Disney released.

While currently sitting at the Nomad Lounge, I overheard my waitress telling another family that their managers got to walk through what they have a Pandora, and she said that it is currently "ahead of schedule." Not sure what that means. Maybe an early summer opening?
I'd imagine a late May early June opening right now. Likely soft openings before that.

I've seen a few video clips and read some articles but can't figure out what the "flying" attraction is. Is this a soarin' type ride?

I've seen a few video clips and read some articles but can't figure out what the "flying" attraction is. Is this a soarin' type ride?
It's called Flight of Passage. It's the attraction that is in the large show building you see outside AK. It will be similar to soarin in seating style but different in ride.

You believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to. You have major issues with Rohde and this project I don't. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

The difference being that the poster telegraphed when they wanted to go - may - in the question.

So I advocated that because it's a lot of money and a person should be encouraged to do what they obviously are more comfortable with...

It's about paying the bill and having the best shot at happiness. Avatar isn't going anywhere but it's more than likely not gonna make the dates. You play the percentages and ignore what 168,432 posting web board "insiders" say, my young Jedi.

The difference being that the poster telegraphed when they wanted to go - may - in the question.

So I advocated that because it's a lot of money and a person should be encouraged to do what they obviously are more comfortable with...

It's about paying the bill and having the best shot at happiness. Avatar isn't going anywhere but it's more than likely not gonna make the dates. You play the percentages and ignore what 168,432 posting web board "insiders" say, my young Jedi.
How can you say it's more than likely going to miss the dates? Just because RoL missed it's dates doesn't mean everything else Disney does will miss the dates. I can guarantee you Disney is going to be more careful with announcing dates after the ROL issues.

I completely agree with you though in that a person should book a vacation based on dates of an attraction opening.

The pressure on Team Disney Orlando must be intense considering the negative outcome from last summer with the ROL debacle (it's the reason they made a night time safari and the reason the park stayed open late). Avatar must open on time and it must be successful to help AK become more than a half day park (I always like AK though and could spend all day there) and keep people there at night.

It's called Flight of Passage. It's the attraction that is in the large show building you see outside AK. It will be similar to soarin in seating style but different in ride.
Complete w/ the oh so attractive visible dangling feet of others?
For how long this thing has taken to build I was hoping for more & fear I'll be disappointed.
I'll reserve judgement until I see it & for the record I liked the movie and have no quibbles w/ adding the theme/land to AK, but 6 years and all this hype & all we get is whiz bang lights in the foliage, Soarin II, POC w/ pretty lights, a restaurant & gift store?
Based on the newest pix - it looks like that area is going to be jammed w/ people when it opens.

Complete w/ the oh so attractive visible dangling feet of others?
For how long this thing has taken to build I was hoping for more & fear I'll be disappointed.
I'll reserve judgement until I see it & for the record I liked the movie and have no quibbles w/ adding the theme/land to AK, but 6 years and all this hype & all we get is whiz bang lights in the foliage, Soarin II, POC w/ pretty lights, a restaurant & gift store?
Based on the newest pix - it looks like that area is going to be jammed w/ people when it opens.
The seats will be different so I'm not sure you'll have the dangling feet.

How can you say it's more than likely going to miss the dates? Just because RoL missed it's dates doesn't mean everything else Disney does will miss the dates. I can guarantee you Disney is going to be more careful with announcing dates after the ROL issues.

I completely agree with you though in that a person should book a vacation based on dates of an attraction opening.

Because I believe that TWDC lacks the technical minds necessary to complete their tasks on schedule...a big departure from the past when they moved the mountains they built.

That...and we all basically agree around here that they use the schedule as a budgeting tool and don't feel the obligation to "rush" anything. And heads don't roll if they miss. Nobody cares...the money flows anyway because we are bad consumers.

I might ease off that opinion...a little...if I hadn't been to Disneyland and saw the difference in Star Wars construction. That is a mess shoehorned into a sliver between highway ramps and the real world...

And yet...that is "ahead" of the converted concrete in Orlando? No way...not if getting the job done was the goal. Getting the job done isn't the goal...I'm convinced more than ever it's 100% about diffusing capex to play stock accounting games.

But that's the side dish. It's not open yet...they've had "issues" at animal kingdom since the first shovel moved (mainly always behind and horribly over budget)...so "I'd stick with your plan and not count on opening" is the only reasonable advice here. That's responsible/realistic. Not filtering rumors and nonsense that has no guarantees behind it.

The pressure on Team Disney Orlando must be intense considering the negative outcome from last summer with the ROL debacle (it's the reason they made a night time safari and the reason the park stayed open late). Avatar must open on time and it must be successful to help AK become more than a half day park (I always like AK though and could spend all day there) and keep people there at night.

What was the "negative" outcome? Record revenues and per person spending? While they didn't go "full on" nighttime operation?

Hell...they love it. They can boast at their ability to make money out of "thin air" to the street.

Now, we think/they've hinted that attendance is down...I suppose you could say that's a negative side effect.

Or, they could take advantage of that and turn lemons into "moneyaid" and say that's still gonna drive them higher this year and the years to come!

See how the pr/economist operates?

Because I believe that TWDC lacks the technical minds necessary to complete their tasks on schedule...a big departure from the past when they moved the mountains they built.

That...and we all basically agree around here that they use the schedule as a budgeting tool and don't feel the obligation to "rush" anything. And heads don't roll if they miss. Nobody cares...the money flows anyway because we are bad consumers.

I might ease off that opinion...a little...if I hadn't been to Disneyland and saw the difference in Star Wars construction. That is a mess shoehorned into a sliver between highway ramps and the real world...

And yet...that is "ahead" of the converted concrete in Orlando? No way...not if getting the job done was the goal. Getting the job done isn't the goal...I'm convinced more than ever it's 100% about diffusing capex to play stock accounting games.

But that's the side dish. It's not open yet...they've had "issues" at animal kingdom since the first shovel moved (mainly always behind and horribly over budget)...so "I'd stick with your plan and not count on opening" is the only reasonable advice here. That's responsible/realistic. Not filtering rumors and nonsense that has no guarantees behind it.
I see no reason to believe this will open in the given summer time frame that Disney has announced. Based on photos of the construction this is no different than shanghai or carsland months out.

You should know that Disneyland is a different beast and people there don't tolerate a lot of the crap WDW goers put up with. That's why SWL in DL will be done sooner.

If you don't want to filter rumors why are you on the rumors and news board? You want to talk strategy and best times to go, go on TPAS.

What was the "negative" outcome? Record revenues and per person spending? While they didn't go "full on" nighttime operation?

Hell...they love it. They can boast at their ability to make money out of "thin air" to the street.

Now, we think/they've hinted that attendance is down...I suppose you could say that's a negative side effect.

Or, they could take advantage of that and turn lemons into "moneyaid" and say that's still gonna drive them higher this year and the years to come!

See how the pr/economist operates?
WDW had to lose millions on ROL being delayed as well as having to keep the park open late when there was no big night time entertainment to draw guests. If keeping the park open without ROL was profitable they would still be keeping the park open past 7, but they don't. Heck, they built Tiffins to be a premier dinner location and the park is now closing at 7 everyday. Where they are making up for the ROL expense is through expensive add-on experiences.

i agree
im thinking a memorial day grand opening

I would have thought Memorial Day too early, but after seeing the latest aerials and the news from disneyhead71 about the boats cycling and two of the theaters working on syncing ride movements to the video, well, maybe it is possible. I still think July 4th more plausible. However, maybe there will be a prolonged period of softs for test purposes.

I would have thought Memorial Day too early, but after seeing the latest aerials and the news from disneyhead71 about the boats cycling and two of the theaters working on syncing ride movements to the video, well, maybe it is possible. I still think July 4th more plausible. However, maybe there will be a prolonged period of softs for test purposes.

We'll be there starting on Memorial Day and honestly I'm not even planning on it being open. If it is, great, we'll check it out. There's right at 5 months to go, so I'm not sure it'll be complete with all the finishing touches by that point.

My gut tells me they are doing everything they can to have it open by middle of June. I have nothing to prove this but after last year with ROL till it is 100% ready they will not give a date.

I am going to WDW on June 30-July 11 and I was wondering if there is any news on when Pandora is opening??? I know that is projected for Summer 2017 but is there any rumors on what month or even what day??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter