Pandora to open next summer

Prices for second week of may have sky rocketed. I wonder if they will have a pre grand opening. Also I was told may and June weekends have been blocked out for local passes

We're going on a cruise the end of August, 2017 and I'm thinking of adding on a day so DH can see Pandora (the only thing he's interested in doing at WDW). I though I'd add a day on the trip and pop over for just that as I don't want to make a separate special trip so that he can see 1 thing as we'll already be in Florida. Do you think it will be open by then (we'd probably go on either 8/27 or 8/28)?

We're going on a cruise the end of August, 2017 and I'm thinking of adding on a day so DH can see Pandora (the only thing he's interested in doing at WDW). I though I'd add a day on the trip and pop over for just that as I don't want to make a separate special trip so that he can see 1 thing as we'll already be in Florida. Do you think it will be open by then (we'd probably go on either 8/27 or 8/28)?
Dear god I hope so.

I was just booking dining reservations for my May trip, and Yak and Yeti is taking reservations until midnight on Friday, May 26th...not sure if that is commonplace Memorial Day weekend but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that a few hours ago when I was browsing reservations.

I was just booking dining reservations for my May trip, and Yak and Yeti is taking reservations until midnight on Friday, May 26th...not sure if that is commonplace Memorial Day weekend but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that a few hours ago when I was browsing reservations.

No, that is not commonplace for Memorial Day weekend. Even last Memorial Day weekend AK was only open until 8:30-9pm. Definitely sounds like something is up, but I'm really shocked (and delighted) that AK may be open that late! Love late nights in WDW!

ETA: Can I ask where you saw this? Did you call in? When I try online, it only gives me times before 7pm.

Last edited:
Must be a 12AM 12PM mistake...Never seen an ADR anywhere in the parks at Midnight.

I have seen Memorial Day weekend as the rumored time for Rivers of Light to finally start and Pandora to open! Was there last August and we are returning this August as well, AK was open to 11 with stores open until 12. Did not see dining at these times as an option though, I think 9 was the last chance for reservations in the park when we were booking. Hopefully this is a sign that they are opening Pandora and staying open late again this summer, it was so nice last time!

I have seen Memorial Day weekend as the rumored time for Rivers of Light to finally start and Pandora to open! Was there last August and we are returning this August as well, AK was open to 11 with stores open until 12. Did not see dining at these times as an option though, I think 9 was the last chance for reservations in the park when we were booking. Hopefully this is a sign that they are opening Pandora and staying open late again this summer, it was so nice last time!
RoL is rumored to start 2/12 right now.

Hi all, I'm a newbie! Going to WDW in September and by that time hopefully Pandora will be open. When do you think we'll be able to reserve Fastpasses for the 2 attractions?

Hi all, I'm a newbie! Going to WDW in September and by that time hopefully Pandora will be open. When do you think we'll be able to reserve Fastpasses for the 2 attractions?
No way to tell until they give an opening date.

No way to tell until they give an opening date.
Sure I understand that, just wondering if fastpasses are usually allowed straight away for new rides, of if there's a "blocked" period. Not sure how it worked for Frozen Ever After for instance, were FP+ available from opening day?

Sure I understand that, just wondering if fastpasses are usually allowed straight away for new rides, of if there's a "blocked" period. Not sure how it worked for Frozen Ever After for instance, were FP+ available from opening day?
With frozen FP was available on opening day but they didn't open FP booking 60 days in advance of that opening date. In September it should be open for around 60 days by then so you should be okay no matter what unless the opening gets pushed back in mid/later summer.

With frozen FP was available on opening day but they didn't open FP booking 60 days in advance of that opening date. In September it should be open for around 60 days by then so you should be okay no matter what unless the opening gets pushed back in mid/later summer.

That's great, thanks for that! So looking forward to it!

Considering the Florida resident "Discover Disney" 3/4 day pass deal specifically states ONLY AK is blacked out from May 27 to June 9 (the end of those passes valid date), I'm betting something is going on around May 27...

Considering the Florida resident "Discover Disney" 3/4 day pass deal specifically states ONLY AK is blacked out from May 27 to June 9 (the end of those passes valid date), I'm betting something is going on around May 27...
Yep there have been several discussion about this already.

Are there actually 2 rides only in the Pandora area and 1 show? I wonder what Tier everything will be? Will they let you only get 1 Tier 1 and the rest will have to be standby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter