Pandora to open next summer

So, I said months ago after seeing Shanghai DL Pirates that if Pandora's boat ride was anything less than that attraction, then it would be a HUGE mistake. This is incredible news! I think Pandora is going to blow us away, since many aren't that excited, expectations are ho-hum. This land and it's attractions could end up being Disney's best to date. Let's hope so!

"Names of new restaurants and stores were also announced at the event. First, Satu’li Canteen will be an immersive restaurant that features “Na’vi art and cultural items” from Pandora. Next, Windtraders, will be a gift shop where guests can purchase “Na’vi items, toys, science kits, and more.” Lastly, an extremely unique “drink location” called Pongu Pongu will also be part of the new land!" ...

I wonder what level the Canteen will be and also if there will be a quick serve since restaurants is plural but they don't mention another restaurant unless you count the "drink location" as on of them!

Has there been any info on the "Flight of Passage" ride ? Will it be a Soarin type ride ?

I'm sure the boat ride will be beautiful. My only concern is that it might be too short. I really liked the new concept art, though. It looks like this will be a very inmersive a beautiful area.

I can't wait for this. Hopefully all the new technology and attention to detail is passed on to SWL and future additions to the park so future attractions can be much more immersive.

not sure what it says about me but I think what I am most excited about is the "extremely unique drink location" ... love how AK is sort of becoming the go-to place for adult beverages

Have you been to the Nomad Lounge yet? Some good stuff in there! And we had the BEST Bloody Mary's at the Dawa bar in front of Tusker House...

This past summer we went in early June & JUST MISSED the FEA opening and the latest Star Wars Fireworks debut AND the debut of the new Soarin' film. This year we're planning to be there for July 4th - hoping they're shooting for a June opening!!

Have you been to the Nomad Lounge yet? Some good stuff in there! And we had the BEST Bloody Mary's at the Dawa bar in front of Tusker House...

This past summer we went in early June & JUST MISSED the FEA opening and the latest Star Wars Fireworks debut AND the debut of the new Soarin' film. This year we're planning to be there for July 4th - hoping they're shooting for a June opening!!

We did make it to the Noamd lounge and did enjoy a few beverages there - I enjoyed the spiced beer they had there too

I'm going early June and I pretty much figure I won't get to see it but will be pleasantly surprised if I do. I'd HOPE they have their act together by July 4.

I'm going early June and I pretty much figure I won't get to see it but will be pleasantly surprised if I do. I'd HOPE they have their act together by July 4.

That was us this past summer. We went the first week in June & JUST MISSED the opening of FEA, the last Star Wars fireworks AND the new Soarin' film. :headache:

yesterday was our AK day. I'm not sure if this is news, but at the bridge by Tiffin's they've installed a second wall on the far side of the bridge to block any photos of the entrance to Pandora. they are also actively testing the bio-luminescence. from the restaurant if you look across the river at night you can see the blueish green lights from the path heading into Pandora.
this will be amazing to see. toughest pay will be to avoid any spoilers until thanksgiving when we visit again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter