P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

Just learned an interesting piece of info that might get Nebo to eat his vegetables. If you eat asparagus before you drink your ( and here come those air quotes you so love) "sunny D" you won't get a hang over. Hope that wasn't too OT:rolleyes1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glow_stick[/url]
That should help you out.

That was WAY more information than I think I ever needed about glow sticks. I still couldn't figure out if it is safe to use the way the kids do now. They cut them open and paint themselves with them at school dances, including their tongues - yeach! The package says non-toxic, but it doesn't appeal.

When you get them figured out Nebo, they really do work well. We buy them by the gross now at the Dollar Store. Use them for camping (yes we do that a lot) easy to find your site coming back from the bathroom. We use them for summer evening events (concerts, fireworks, parks), find the kids in a crowd. Or put them around the neck of your SunnyD/beverage bottle or stem of your glass outdoors at night, different color for each person - no problem finding your drink. They are fun for all kinds of stuff.

Now that we are back from South of South of the Border (in Canadian geographical terms), we are planning for the next trip down to the World. DW is already warming up to my idea of Friday-Sunday instead of Saturday-Saturday. Two whole extra days in the World! :cool1:

The kids are now pretty much old enough to hit the parks on their own too, so there may be some down time for adults as well. This is shaping up to be one great trip!

M(arvin the Martian?)

Thanks for the CSR pics! I'm getting really excited for our Fall trip!

I see you got answers on turning them on - after you snap it just shake it up and it should light the rest. And if you want to use the same one for a few nights, put them in the freezer overnight. We used the same two glow sticks all week doing the that.

You'll be at CS this fall? What I like so much aboutthe Dig Site Pool, is that it's off on it's own, not near at all to the food court or central buildings, you don't get many passers by. And thanks for the freezer info, didn't know that either.

Just learned an interesting piece of info that might get Nebo to eat his vegetables. If you eat asparagus before you drink your ( and here come those air quotes you so love) "sunny D" you won't get a hang over. Hope that wasn't too OT:rolleyes1

I don't care if asparagas can cure blindness and deafness,,, I'm still not eating that crap!

That was WAY more information than I think I ever needed about glow sticks. I still couldn't figure out if it is safe to use the way the kids do now. They cut them open and paint themselves with them at school dances, including their tongues - yeach! The package says non-toxic, but it doesn't appeal.

When you get them figured out Nebo, they really do work well. We buy them by the gross now at the Dollar Store. Use them for camping (yes we do that a lot) easy to find your site coming back from the bathroom. We use them for summer evening events (concerts, fireworks, parks), find the kids in a crowd. Or put them around the neck of your SunnyD/beverage bottle or stem of your glass outdoors at night, different color for each person - no problem finding your drink. They are fun for all kinds of stuff.

Now that we are back from South of South of the Border (in Canadian geographical terms), we are planning for the next trip down to the World. DW is already warming up to my idea of Friday-Sunday instead of Saturday-Saturday. Two whole extra days in the World! :cool1:

The kids are now pretty much old enough to hit the parks on their own too, so there may be some down time for adults as well. This is shaping up to be one great trip!

M(arvin the Martian?)

Marve, I had no idea they were that usefull/popular, I'll definately have to get some, especially when there's more of us in August.

But what do you do when you leave the resort at 5 in the afternoon, but you want the glow sticks for when it's dark?
How do you carry them around for 4 hours before it's time to crack them? How long do they last?

Well everyone, I tried to pull the rug out from under all of you, and have OhMari take this away.
Didn't work,,, she's not done reading and still wants to finish the exciting conclusion,,,(ok, I added "the exciting conclusion" part,) while she is on vacation over Easter, and if it's still open then SHE can get last word in.

And then close it.

Geesh,,, just like a woman!

So.

Here we are, just you and me.

Looking at each other.

Hi.

How are ya?

You'll be at CS this fall? What I like so much aboutthe Dig Site Pool, is that it's off on it's own, not near at all to the food court or central buildings, you don't get many passers by. And thanks for the freezer info, didn't know that either.

Yes, finally decided on CS! Between yours and Smidgy's input and my two most opiniated travellers, we picked CSR. I've requested Cabanas - convenient to The Main Bldg and the Dig Site. I need to be close to the Diet Coke!! ;) And the kids need to be close to the pool. We will definitely take a walk around to the other areas though. We hit our 180 day on Monday to make our dining reservations. Think I've got our itinerary somewhat set.

Nebo, just had to tell you I was actually in Epcot today, can you believe it?
We had birthday dinner for hubby at Yachtsman's and then went to watch the Spinners and watched Illuminations.

Oh, I love Oh Mari! :thumbsup2

Nebo, you sneaky rascal, trying to close the thread without telling us! Marita is going to get you too! :sad1:

Within about thirty minutes, the countdown will really be on for your next trip. I'm excited for you and Smidgy! :goodvibes I don't think you can have enough good vibes for this trip!

I have to tell you that DH, the kids, and I went to a local British pub today that just opened fairly recently. DH ordered the fish and chips. Care to guess what it looked like? ;)

Yep, it looked very similar to the creature that you received at Rose and Frown. It did not have the appendages that yours had, but it was really wide and long and looked eerily like a bloated eel. It was said to be haddock and DH ate some of it, but we both cracked up laughing and we said your name out loud simultaneously. It was so worth it for the laugh!! I just wish we had thought of taking a picture for you! ;)

We had birthday dinner for hubby at Yachtsman's and then went to watch the Spinners and watched Illuminations.

Marita, how was the dinner at Yachtsman? Did you enjoy the concert and Illuminations?

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Marita, how was the dinner at Yachtsman? Did you enjoy the concert and Illuminations?

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Dinner was great,but expensive. My discount alone was $50, lol. (there were 4 of us though). The Spinners were good (loud), a bunch of 65 year olds jumping around on stage (oh wait, some age as DH, LOL). Illuminations was cool. I was exhausted by the time we got home though.

I must have missed something, when is their next trip?

leaving april 28th? (I think?) flying. (after the last driving trip, with the tropical storm Lee, the exhast system, the blow out... I just can't take anothe drive!!!:rotfl:)

10 nights at Coronado springs!!! haven't been there in a while.. a little leery about our room request.. ranchos, 7b.

have stayed in the casitas twice and cabanas once. the cabanas is .. by far.. the most convenient... but nebo thinks the theming is blah.

\I think the ranchos theming is ... "gasp!! air! air!! water!!! water!! where is there water?? wait! I see a cactus in the distance!!! I will tread upon these ROCKS, and perhaps get some soda out of the cactus.. (because it's about a 20 minute walk, one way, to get the mugs refilled after the siesta bar at the dig site closes at 6 pm)

:rotfl2::lmao:

well, they had to go and declare casita bldgs,. 1, 2 aND 3 preferred. the best room we ever had was in bldg 3... but I have read that bldg 2 sucks. mostly parking lot views, and not all the floors have elevators to them.
we stayed in casita 5 once. it seemed like a long walk to anywhere. casita 4 sounds ok, but looks like mostly parking lot views....(sometimes methinks we spend way to much time overthinking these things.....)
but the casitas at night are lovely, beautiful, even romantic! but, if you are over in the ranchos, how aften will you venture over there? the lobby of the Dolphin resort is gorgeous.. I think we saw it twice.

once you find the shortest route somewhere,that's the route you take.
(ask all the residents of Radiator Springs!) um, can you tell I just had jackson over??? I LOVE that kid!!! he is in kindergarten and can read!!!!! ( I taught him to play checkers and chess and othello) darn, he was just here wed and thur morning, and I miss him already!!!

so, that's our trip. we always said you couldn't stay at CSR without the diningplan, sinc pepper market is SO extremely expensive. so we got the quick service plan, which nebo has always wanted to do.

then they changed pepper market to a buffet at breakfast and lunch . thank goodness not the dinner yet. cause I loved being able to get a prime rib or rib eye steak for a CS credit!!! we'll let tyou all know how we like it!

Oh how exciting, I am just finishing up From Jingle Bells to Oil Wells (yep, read it backwards) and was bumming about no more nebgy reports to look forward to. I live in AZ so the themeing for CSR doesn't do much for me but I did enjoy the lovely walk around the property and the main pool. We use my DD discount so we always get a parking lot view ( except this last time at the Boardwalk, but shhhhh don't tell anybody) and I don't mind it. As long as the room is clean and I'm at Disney, I'm a happy Disser!

Enjoy, enjoy, have fun, don't get hurt and tell us all about it when you get home!!!

Btw, have you eaten at Flying Fish yet? It was really excellent!

Yes, finally decided on CS! Between yours and Smidgy's input and my two most opiniated travellers, we picked CSR. I've requested Cabanas - convenient to The Main Bldg and the Dig Site. I need to be close to the Diet Coke!! ;) And the kids need to be close to the pool. We will definitely take a walk around to the other areas though. We hit our 180 day on Monday to make our dining reservations. Think I've got our itinerary somewhat set.

I think we'll be there at the same time, though not at the same resort. We'll have my younger DGS (his birthday present) with us and will stay at Pop.
This trip was spur-of-the-moment, but DD and I decided we could not wait until 2013 to go back. The whole "Let's give Brody a surprise trip for his birthday" thing was totally self-serving, and I almost feel guilty for it. Almost.

Marve, I had no idea they were that usefull/popular, I'll definately have to get some, especially when there's more of us in August.

But what do you do when you leave the resort at 5 in the afternoon, but you want the glow sticks for when it's dark?
How do you carry them around for 4 hours before it's time to crack them? How long do they last?

The ones we usually get come in a hard plastic sleeve to prevent "pre-ignition". Four or Five to the sleeve. I carry a sling pack in the parks so I pop a few sleeves in for later, but with the sleeve they would probably survive a few hours in a pocket in my cargo shorts. (Are those glow sticks in your pocket or are you ogling the princesses again...):laughing:

They will usually last at least 8 hours, but sometimes seem to go much longer - I've had them still glowing a couple of days later. I think that has to do with "freshness" (a pet theory of mine); freshly bought ones seem to last longer and glow brighter. I've tried old ones that sat around all winter with the camping gear and they were pretty anemic the second summer.

We're always looking for inventive ways to wear them too. I fashioned a pair of glasses out of four of them and some twist ties once. Yeah, I'm easily amused when sitting around a blazing campfire. :rolleyes1

M(anischewitz) - okay had to look up the spelling for that one...

There, now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Oh, I love Oh Mari! :thumbsup2

Nebo, you sneaky rascal, trying to close the thread without telling us! Marita is going to get you too! :sad1:

I have to tell you that DH, the kids, and I went to a local British pub today that just opened fairly recently. DH ordered the fish and chips. Care to guess what it looked like? ;)

Yep, it looked very similar to the creature that you received at Rose and Frown. It did not have the appendages that yours had, but it was really wide and long and looked eerily like a bloated eel. It was said to be haddock and DH ate some of it, but we both cracked up laughing and we said your name out loud simultaneously. It was so worth it for the laugh!! I just wish we had thought of taking a picture for you! ;)

When the moon's in your eye, like a big pizza pie,,,
that's a moray.

Dinner was great,but expensive. My discount alone was $50, lol. (there were 4 of us though). The Spinners were good (loud), a bunch of 65 year olds jumping around on stage (oh wait, some age as DH, LOL). Illuminations was cool. I was exhausted by the time we got home though.

50? That will get you appetizers there!
C'mon, admit it,,, you got chills during Illuminations.

leaving april 28th? (I think?) flying. (after the last driving trip, with the tropical storm Lee, the exhast system, the blow out... I just can't take anothe drive!!!:rotfl:)

10 nights at Coronado springs!!! haven't been there in a while.. a little leery about our room request.. ranchos, 7b.

have stayed in the casitas twice and cabanas once. the cabanas is .. by far.. the most convenient... but nebo thinks the theming is blah.

\I think the ranchos theming is ... "gasp!! air! air!! water!!! water!! where is there water?? wait! I see a cactus in the distance!!! I will tread upon these ROCKS, and perhaps get some soda out of the cactus.. (because it's about a 20 minute walk, one way, to get the mugs refilled after the siesta bar at the dig site closes at 6 pm)

:rotfl2::lmao:

we'll let tyou all know how we like it!

Hey, that was good, good and funny.

Oh how exciting, I am just finishing up From Jingle Bells to Oil Wells (yep, read it backwards) and was bumming about no more nebgy reports to look forward to.Enjoy, enjoy, have fun, don't get hurt and tell us all about it when you get home!!!

Btw, have you eaten at Flying Fish yet? It was really excellent!

The thing I like best about reading the reports backwards?
At the end I wind up with a full bottle of my painkillers!
heh
heh
No, havent' eaten at Flying Fish yet, but we peeked in once. It's a two credit resty, not sure I want to spend two in there.

I think we'll be there at the same time, though not at the same resort. We'll have my younger DGS (his birthday present) with us and will stay at Pop.
This trip was spur-of-the-moment, but DD and I decided we could not wait until 2013 to go back. The whole "Let's give Brody a surprise trip for his birthday" thing was totally self-serving, and I almost feel guilty for it. Almost.

ALmost only counts in horseshoes and grandsons, we'll be warming POP up for you before you get there.

The ones we usually get come in a hard plastic sleeve to prevent "pre-ignition". Four or Five to the sleeve. I carry a sling pack in the parks so I pop a few sleeves in for later, but with the sleeve they would probably survive a few hours in a pocket in my cargo shorts. (Are those glow sticks in your pocket or are you ogling the princesses again...):laughing:

They will usually last at least 8 hours, but sometimes seem to go much longer - I've had them still glowing a couple of days later. I think that has to do with "freshness" (a pet theory of mine); freshly bought ones seem to last longer and glow brighter. I've tried old ones that sat around all winter with the camping gear and they were pretty anemic the second summer.

We're always looking for inventive ways to wear them too. I fashioned a pair of glasses out of four of them and some twist ties once. Yeah, I'm easily amused when sitting around a blazing campfire. :rolleyes1

M(anischewitz) - okay had to look up the spelling for that one...

Heck, if they last 8 hours, we can fire them up when we leave the room in the late afternoon and they should still be going strong by nighttime then, thanks.

Ok, I have something here for you, excuse me, while I whip this out;

Turn up your speakers, this song/show, is right up there with one of the best things that Disney should not have cancelled. I looked for this song for two years at least, then I stumbled onto it on You Tube, I never knew the name of it before, even bought a couple of their cd's trying to find this song, that I remembered so much from the show.
And now i find out it is a DISNEY SONG? From one of the few Disney movies I haven't seen. Oh well. Hope the link works, hope you enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNG3bqYgyk&feature=related

Ok, I have something here for you, excuse me, while I whip this out;

Turn up your speakers, this song/show, is right up there with one of the best things that Disney should not have cancelled. I looked for this song for two years at least, then I stumbled onto it on You Tube, I never knew the name of it before, even bought a couple of their cd's trying to find this song, that I remembered so much from the show.
And now i find out it is a DISNEY SONG? From one of the few Disney movies I haven't seen. Oh well. Hope the link works, hope you enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNG3bqYgyk&feature=related

I love that song. I can't place the name of the movie it's from, but I've seen it, I know. This performance is just nice to watch; I'm sorry I never got to see it in person. I've never seen an opening act at Beauty and the Beast.

I love that song. I can't place the name of the movie it's from, but I've seen it, I know. This performance is just nice to watch; I'm sorry I never got to see it in person. I've never seen an opening act at Beauty and the Beast.

Hercules :thumbsup2

Didn't remember the song, but it was nice to hear. Haven't seen Hercules in a loooong time. I remember going to Beauty and the beast for the first time about 7 years ago. I remember "Hey! Those guys are part of the act! Cool." Don't know if it was the same quartet or not, but it was good then too.

Great video.

I never saw them when I was there. Seems like they keep eliminating little things that might not seem too important to them, but mean a lot to us.

I pray they don't end up like Universal. A soul-less park with just a bunch of rides and not much else!

Jay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter