P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

I finally bit the bullet and added one more night onto our CSR ressie. We'll now be there for six nights - Saturday to Friday, 9/15 - 9/21. Requested Casitas, non preferred.

Now all we have to do is pay it off! I am now accepting donations. :laughing:

Also, have an ADR at Maya Grill for that first day. Hope to try the Jaguar slide that day too. Weeeeee...

Erma was very funny, she is missed but I do see similarities between you and Dave. The book turned out to be a bit over the top and a fun light hearted read.

So happy for everyone and there up coming trip planning. My DD graduates from college this spring so we are waiting to see where she will land before we are able to book any vacation plans. Until then I will live vicariously through all of you.

Nebo, can we expect a TR when you get back?

This is still going? :laughing: I guess Nebo's April update will just continue where the last trip left off.

Seems I have some catching up to do. Been busy planning 2 trips and been extremely busy at work. So haven't had much time to come on. Boss is out today, so today is a good Dis day. :rolleyes1

Well Lady H and I are happy to say we are finally biting the bullet and going to stay onsite over at CBR. I may keep coming back and asking you all how to get the best room. This our first time staying onsite, so we have no idea what building to ask for when we check in. We just requested a standard room as I don't really see us staying in the room much except to sleep and get ready to head out. The rest of the time we'll be at the pool or parks. So this should suit our needs just fine. Now we won't feel as left out of the conversation when people are talking about staying onsite. :)

I'll guess I'll need to come up with a new end of TR song since this thread is still going. :rotfl: Off to catch up now.

Just found this today! I swear, I always come in on the back end of your trip reports.

Wait.

Did that just get personal?

DH & I were recently in Orlando scoping out a place to live (moving there at the end of the month), I looked over while in traffic (in Orlando?! Never!) and said to myself "That looks like Nebo!" Which reminded me to check & see if you had any recent trip reports posted. Looks like you did. Do. Whichever.

I finally bit the bullet and added one more night onto our CSR ressie. We'll now be there for six nights - Saturday to Friday, 9/15 - 9/21. Requested Casitas, non preferred.

Also, have an ADR at Maya Grill for that first day. Hope to try the Jaguar slide that day too. Weeeeee...

Aww too bad, we'll miss you by one week! Hoping for a trip down the Jaguar slide our first day too! Keep it warmed up for us! ;)

When on QSDP, we enjoy the 1/2 chicken/ 1/2 rack rib plate at Cosmic Ray's! Plenty enough to share, even.

And pretty much ANYTHING at Wolfgang Puck Express is big enough to share, at any meal!

Totally agree about the pasta dinner at POR, too!
:thumbsup2

You know, I guress I'm not totally clear on the concept of "build your own pasta",,, I do know that I like the chicken parmigana there, is that what you mean?

Nebo, the Poly beach meet sounds like a great idea! I don't think we have any plans for the evening of August 2nd. We may eat at Captain Cook's that night. DD loves grilled cheese and they have a good one.

The story of where we are staying on the first leg of the August trip changed with the general public discounts. WL only has a 5% discount and since we did receive a tax refund, we moved to the BC for the first week as the discount is 25% for it. The amazing thing is that we added a few days and the price is staying the same!! Now if we can get that corner room near the secret gate in close proximity to Epcot.....time to use the Nebo room shakedown strategy! ;)

I really hate that TT will be closed. DS loves that ride so much and I know Jackson would have been thrilled with it. The scary part is that there are rumors that BTMRR may be closed beyond the initial slated date to reopen sometime in August. I would really hate it if we missed both of them. DD is just now 40 inches and she has been so stoked to ride them both. :sad2:

They had just better not have BTMR and TT closed at the same time in August if they know what's good for 'em!

You know, I've been tyring to shut this thing down,,,it's not as easy at it sounds. There was a time i would say , "Ok, guess we are done here," and it would be moved up into the finished trip report section before I could type the period!:rotfl:

Yeah, about the donations,,, did you know that the Jaguar spits at you?

Erma was very funny, she is missed but I do see similarities between you and Dave. The book turned out to be a bit over the top and a fun light hearted read.

So happy for everyone and there up coming trip planning. My DD graduates from college this spring so we are waiting to see where she will land before we are able to book any vacation plans. Until then I will live vicariously through all of you.

Nebo, can we expect a TR when you get back?

Copper, we are waiting mainly to see how things go. But my guess iss there will be some kind of report, believe me, it sounds kind of pleasant to write a report dthat doesn't include all the emotionally disturbing issues we dealt with last trip. Again,, we'll see how it all turns out, but heck,,, after all the CS pics I already posted,,,, well,, where do I go from there?

Just found this today! I swear, I always come in on the back end of your trip reports.

Wait.

Did that just get personal?

Wow, I know the name, I think,, haven't seen you in quite a while,,, you are always bringing up the rear. :scared1:

DH & I were recently in Orlando scoping out a place to live (moving there at the end of the month), I looked over while in traffic (in Orlando?! Never!) and said to myself "That looks like Nebo!" Which reminded me to check & see if you had any recent trip reports posted. Looks like you did. Do. Whichever.

Ok, as far as living in/near Orlando, here is where Smidge and I want to live,, we've checked it out in person 3 times now, it's a gated community so we have to set it up in advance to be show around and after 3 t imes it's kind of embarrassing to do it again if we're not ready to maybe put down a bid, but living here seemed to us like it would be like living "on vacation" FULL TIME!
I shouldn't do this,,, I feel like I"m giving away our secret, but Beka, here's the web site,,,
Vistadellago.net

Aww too bad, we'll miss you by one week! Hoping for a trip down the Jaguar slide our first day too! Keep it warmed up for us! ;)

Hey, we'll be there frirst,, you want me to keep the pool warmed up for you as well? I can do that.

You know, I guress I'm not totally clear on the concept of "build your own pasta",,, I do know that I like the chicken parmigana there, is that what you mean?

No. Here is how it goes:

Create Your Own Pasta- chose from a variety of your favorite sauces (Aldredo, Marinara, Pesto), pasta (fettuccine, spaghetti, penne) and fresh ingredients including Chicken or Shrimp $10.99 Toppings include: artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, green peas, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, yellow onions, broccoli, parmesan cheese.

I get the Fettucini Alfredo with shrimp and add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, topped with parmesan at the end. Huge portions (2-3 for me) and it comes with a slice of garlic bread.

No. Here is how it goes:

Create Your Own Pasta- chose from a variety of your favorite sauces (Aldredo, Marinara, Pesto), pasta (fettuccine, spaghetti, penne) and fresh ingredients including Chicken or Shrimp $10.99 Toppings include: artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, green peas, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, yellow onions, broccoli, parmesan cheese.

I get the Fettucini Alfredo with shrimp and add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, topped with parmesan at the end. Huge portions (2-3 for me) and it comes with a slice of garlic bread.

Yep! The last time mine was almost the same, think I got penne instead of fettuccine, and I didn't get prosciutto. But it was *YUM*!

After you pick whatever you want, they saute' the meat and the extras, add the sauce over it until bubbly, then load it up in a big fold-top take-out box kinda like Chinese food.

I think I recently read that they may have this option at the Art of Animation food court, which we plan to try out in Dec! :3dglasses

That sounds so good I want some right now!!

Nebo, anyone that knows me knows that copper is probably not the best. I name for me!! When I posted for the first time earlier in this thread you called me cp3o's mom. I didn't "know" you very well then and didn't comment because I wasn't sure if you made an error or just misunderstood my screen name. Know I know you and I have to laugh when I think about it. I made that screen name when my daughter was in the College Program, hence the cp. She is not in that program anymore so you can just call me Irene. :thumbsup2

I hope the trip goes well and we all hear of your exploits after you arrive home.

Will you just look at this, I said.

her: what's the problem?

me: Isn't it obvious? Look at all this light already coming
through the window!

Smidgy: Yes, nice to leave at a normal time for a change.

me: It's WRONG I tell you, it's just WRONG! And it's
getting all over me!

Diane: It's fine, for once we don't have to pretend to be nocturnal, so where's the bag?

me: What bag?

she who must not be disturbed: DON"T MESS WITH ME,
WHERE IS IT?

nebo: Ok, ok, it's downstairs.

I think.

her: SHOW ME, better yet, let's both of us walk it out to the '
car right now!

me: Really, it's ok, I won't forget it ag....

Godzilla: What part of "Now" didn't you understand?

"Do you have everything packed in it that needs to be?" she asked again.

"Yeppers, here, look,,,,,bps...ibuprofen,,,, camera,,,,eye pills....case for the aids,,,,,,,, and the vikes."

"Ok, now, walk in front of me and place it behind the seat where the bag usually goes."

"Don't you mean, "Where the sun doesn't shine", I cleverly responded.

"That was going to be my next suggestion."

"C'mon, this isn't really necessary, I'm not gonna forget.."

"MOVE"! "One, two threee four. There she was, just a walkin down the street singin Do wah Diddy Diddy dum DIddy do."

I tucked it into it's little spot behind the seat and turned around and held my hands up.
"All gone."

"Ok, so the bag can't be forgotten this trip?" she asked.

"That's the facts, Jack!"

With that,we returned to finsish up packing and getting ready to leave.

The above confrontation, I mean conversation, did not happen.

Yet.

But it's waiting in the wings, oh boy, it's waiting.

That's because we haven't left yet, gotta couple of weeks away to kill for now, but I'm sure it will come out sounding close to what you just read.

It's my fault:
Last July we left at 3:30 in the morning, our usual time,
and at 161 miles away, I realized with the sickest of feelings that I had left behind my bathroom bag, the bag that contains everything in the world important to me.

After much rapid fire discussion and thought, as we're are still traveling at 70mph down the road, I realized I had to turn around and go back and get it, so exactly 6 hours later and 331 miles later, we pulled back into the driveway with me still shaking and unable to wipe that bit of drool still clinging to my chin.

Needless to say, she was not going to go through that again.

So, let me share our plans with you.

Sep. 6,7,8,,,,,,,,,,Caribbean Beach Resort with no park days scheduled, just a lot of hangin by the pool, maybe dinner at DD, and hopefully some karaoke at the Swan.

Wait, wait, come back! Ok, we'll leave out the karaoke part.

Then, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, and 14th at Bay Lake Towers, it looks like it will be with a Lake View.

And finally, the 15th thru the 20th at AKL, Jambo House, standard room.
Yep, that's 15 total nights in Disney, and would you believe it, two days after I paid the Disney MYW package, the "no going back" stage of a trip,,,,,, Universal sent us a postcard for 40% off Royal Pacific or Hard Rock.
Not sure what we would have done if we had gotten that one a tad earlier.

Oh, and about the title?

No, that's not Pirates of the Caribbean, it's P.O.T.C......I think the better acronym would be Paying off the Cards,,,as in Credit!

"On Stranger Rides" kind of speaks for itself:
There will be a few things there on this trip that we havent' seen the new versions of yet,,,,,,,new lines at Pooh and Haunted Mansion, new Star Tours ride in 3-D, new Tiki Birds,,,,, ok, OLD Tiki Birds,,, not sure what else offhand.

But there will be one huge difference concerning the "rides", and that is me, the ride down there.

This will be my 15th time driving this 2500 mile round trip, and recently I've started having some severe eye problems that will have me basically doing it with one eye tied behind my back. This is why we're waiting for daylight before we leave, and yes, it rubs me the wrong way, but, "Oh well." Before you ask, yes, Diane does most of the driving around town and such, but she's not a highway driver and it's best to leave it that way. Besides, I have always loved the drive down, I just might have to pay a bit more attentiion this time. Luckily, we know this route like the back of our hands. (wait a minute, where did all these dark spots come from?)

We would love to hear from any of you that might be down there when we are, and certainly hope you'll check in often once we get this report under way for good. I think I can guarantee there will be some blood on this trip, some pain, also, always is,,,,,,,but we can always count on a bunch of laughs, that's got to be a "Given" here or I'm not playin'.
And yes, she will laugh when later on she reads that part where I referred to her as Godzilla, right? RIGHT? :scared1:

nebo/steve/heyyou

09-03-2006-01.jpg

usatfq002.jpg

Hi Nebo and Smidgy,

I've been lurking now for a couple weeks getting caught up on your trip reports.

Nebo....My daughter thought I had lost my marbles when I read the jock itch story OMG:lmao:

I see some folks here that I remember reading and I can't believe the last time I was on was back in 06. Yeah it's been awhile that year WAS NOT A GOOD year. actually until about 2010 it's been pretty bad but 06-07 was the worst.

Your stories make me want to go back so bad but I'm afraid to. You see everytime we've gone someone in my family passes away (kind of creepy and wierd I know). So now I'm sad to think that the Happiest Place On Earth may also be the one place I can't go to again (ever see the Friends episode where Phoebe is afraid to go to the Dentist? Kind of like that), so in order to get my fix I've lurked and read stories but you my friend are one of the best story tellers I've seen in awhile. I burst out laughing and I'm just glad I work from home or I think if I shared an office people around me would be leaving me long sleeved white coats to wear.

Hi Nebo and Smidgy,

I've been lurking now for a couple weeks getting caught up on your trip reports.

Nebo....My daughter thought I had lost my marbles when I read the jock itch story OMG:lmao:

I see some folks here that I remember reading and I can't believe the last time I was on was back in 06. Yeah it's been awhile that year WAS NOT A GOOD year. actually until about 2010 it's been pretty bad but 06-07 was the worst.

Your stories make me want to go back so bad but I'm afraid to. You see everytime we've gone someone in my family passes away (kind of creepy and wierd I know). So now I'm sad to think that the Happiest Place On Earth may also be the one place I can't go to again (ever see the Friends episode where Phoebe is afraid to go to the Dentist? Kind of like that), so in order to get my fix I've lurked and read stories but you my friend are one of the best story tellers I've seen in awhile. I burst out laughing and I'm just glad I work from home or I think if I shared an office people around me would be leaving me long sleeved white coats to wear.

Hi Dana, I guess it has been a while.
It looks like you are just at the beginning of this report,,,and, from what you've said about family members passing,,,, um,,, well, this may not be the report you want to read.
But it sounds as if you need to get right back on the horse and geton back down there!

good old Jock Itch Guy,,, do you know how hard someone like he is to replace when it comes to doing trip reports? He's what we refer to in the industry as "trip report gold"

Oh, and changing subjects,, let's try out a new name,,,
"Hello Irene."

AHyes, the magic of the Dis again,, it swithed back to Smidgy in mid 'posting". It always did like her better.

You know it was wierd because I posted that before reading your story. I was so sorry to hear about your loss, however, it was understandable why you chose to stay. When my daughter and I were there in 2004 we got called the day we landed that my Grandmother had passed away and we went through the same thing but realized that expenses wouldn't allow a change and she wouldn't have wanted us to change our plans. The funny thing is there is a picture I took of my daughter and right beside her head is a "bubble" and I checked everything to make sure there wasn't a way there could have been a flash back from the camera. I still think it was my grandmother coming to join the fun!

In any event I would love to get back on the horse but 4 times of going and losing someone REALLY has me freaked out that unless I took my whole family with me (which believe me I have tried but no go) I'm terrified to try again. I so want to though!

Ok, as far as living in/near Orlando, here is where Smidge and I want to live,, we've checked it out in person 3 times now, it's a gated community so we have to set it up in advance to be show around and after 3 t imes it's kind of embarrassing to do it again if we're not ready to maybe put down a bid, but living here seemed to us like it would be like living "on vacation" FULL TIME!
I shouldn't do this,,, I feel like I"m giving away our secret, but Beka, here's the web site,,,
Vistadellago.net

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I really need to be packing, as the rest of the family moves in 2 weeks (DH is already down there), but reading this TR is more interesting than digging through my dusty junk. :coffee:

AAhhhhhhh,,,,, that's why it was pulling to the right,, oh well, at least we caught it in time, no damage, everything is ok, all behind us now. And on we go on route 24 into Paducah and Kentucky, I even finally put in one of my home made cd's, hey, I can pretend there's no problems.

We're singing along, "I like Dreamin', cuz dreamin can make you mine".

Nope, the tire's ok, what's a little rain, got a full tank now, on our way to Disney!

What else could go wrong?

:laughing:

Ah, my home town! Just keep driving through unless you REALLY enjoy quilting. But I do know a tire guy there...

It's like this:
I've been going to the same Liquor Store for a long time now, and over the years the main clerk, "Luke" has gotten to know me a bit, at least by face and what I usually buy.

Beer, whiskey, vermouth and sometimes vodka.

That is, until the other day, and that day gave me the opportunity to use a line I did a few years ago there, only with a different clerk back there then. That time I just got a dirty look after I used my line, but undaunted, I had to try it again.

It was busy that day, I stood in line with my shopping cart waiting for my turn and people soon were lining up behind me.

As I got up to the front, Luke glanced at me, then looked into the cart as I started to unload it.
Unload the 30 pack of beer, the whiskey, vermouth, rum, vodka, wine coolers, Margarita bottle, Hot Sex bottle, Dreamsickle bottle, Mai Tai bottle, second bottle of whiskey..... etc, etc, .

His eyes got big as saucers when he looked back at me with a quizzical smile on his face, and I couldn't resist:

"Hey, it's for my wife."
"She's pregnant and she says she's drinking for two now."

Good old Luke just kind of chuckled a bit and started ringing it all up.......

But what made my day was the very audible "GASP!" that came out of at least two women behind me in line. :rotfl2:

That's awesome. :rotfl2:

The funny thing is there is a picture I took of my daughter and right beside her head is a "bubble" and I checked everything to make sure there wasn't a way there could have been a flash back from the camera. I still think it was my grandmother coming to join the fun!

In any event I would love to get back on the horse but 4 times of going and losing someone REALLY has me freaked out that unless I took my whole family with me (which believe me I have tried but no go) I'm terrified to try again. I so want to though!

Is that what your avatar means? Half a bubble off? But you still need to take a trip to Disney,, Hey, the worst that can happen is you'll have one less place to have to set for Thanksgiving. I know, I know, but that's what I do. It may not be on the same par as you,,, but that has happened a lot to us, too. Not just Diane's Dad, but all those years Diane worked at the Tavern, well, on quite a few trips, we would get back only to find out that one of the regulars passed away.

On our first time flying down, our friend Jeff drove us to the airport, and as we left town at 5 in the morning, all kinds of emergency vehicles passed us in a big hurry, when we got back we found out that one of the 'regulars', a retired pricipal died that morning along with his wife in a house fire, after a couple years of this, they were begging us not to go to Disney! They even compared it to "The Lottery."

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I really need to be packing, as the rest of the family moves in 2 weeks (DH is already down there), but reading this TR is more interesting than digging through my dusty junk. :coffee:

That's great Beka, can I ask the general vicinity of where you are moving to? And that's an interesting paper trail,,, Paducah to Myrtle Beach to Orlando.

I'm posting to keep this tread alive!!

Come on, lets not let it die!!

Jay

Jay, OhMari won't let it die! But hopefully in a little while we'll have a Ponzi report to rip to sh,,, I mean enjoy, I think he's on day 3 now of his trip. Think he has the guts to post a picture of himself?

That's awesome. :rotfl2:

Hi, and thanks, I did like the " Drinking for two" comment myself. You're new aren't you? Your name looks like the title of a Clive Barker movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter