P.O.T.C. On Stranger Rides! The Missing Chapter,,Final Thoughts,, Preview Thoughts.

nebo

<font color=red>sharkbait<br><font color=teal>Uh o
Will you just look at this, I said.

her: what's the problem?

me: Isn't it obvious? Look at all this light already coming
through the window!

Smidgy: Yes, nice to leave at a normal time for a change.

me: It's WRONG I tell you, it's just WRONG! And it's
getting all over me!

Diane: It's fine, for once we don't have to pretend to be nocturnal, so where's the bag?

me: What bag?

she who must not be disturbed: DON"T MESS WITH ME,
WHERE IS IT?

nebo: Ok, ok, it's downstairs.

I think.

her: SHOW ME, better yet, let's both of us walk it out to the '
car right now!

me: Really, it's ok, I won't forget it ag....

Godzilla: What part of "Now" didn't you understand?

"Do you have everything packed in it that needs to be?" she asked again.

"Yeppers, here, look,,,,,bps...ibuprofen,,,, camera,,,,eye pills....case for the aids,,,,,,,, and the vikes."

"Ok, now, walk in front of me and place it behind the seat where the bag usually goes."

"Don't you mean, "Where the sun doesn't shine", I cleverly responded.

"That was going to be my next suggestion."

"C'mon, this isn't really necessary, I'm not gonna forget.."

"MOVE"! "One, two threee four. There she was, just a walkin down the street singin Do wah Diddy Diddy dum DIddy do."

I tucked it into it's little spot behind the seat and turned around and held my hands up.
"All gone."

"Ok, so the bag can't be forgotten this trip?" she asked.

"That's the facts, Jack!"

With that,we returned to finsish up packing and getting ready to leave.

The above confrontation, I mean conversation, did not happen.

Yet.

But it's waiting in the wings, oh boy, it's waiting.

That's because we haven't left yet, gotta couple of weeks away to kill for now, but I'm sure it will come out sounding close to what you just read.

It's my fault:
Last July we left at 3:30 in the morning, our usual time,
and at 161 miles away, I realized with the sickest of feelings that I had left behind my bathroom bag, the bag that contains everything in the world important to me.

After much rapid fire discussion and thought, as we're are still traveling at 70mph down the road, I realized I had to turn around and go back and get it, so exactly 6 hours later and 331 miles later, we pulled back into the driveway with me still shaking and unable to wipe that bit of drool still clinging to my chin.

Needless to say, she was not going to go through that again.

So, let me share our plans with you.

Sep. 6,7,8,,,,,,,,,,Caribbean Beach Resort with no park days scheduled, just a lot of hangin by the pool, maybe dinner at DD, and hopefully some karaoke at the Swan.

Wait, wait, come back! Ok, we'll leave out the karaoke part.

Then, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, and 14th at Bay Lake Towers, it looks like it will be with a Lake View.

And finally, the 15th thru the 20th at AKL, Jambo House, standard room.
Yep, that's 15 total nights in Disney, and would you believe it, two days after I paid the Disney MYW package, the "no going back" stage of a trip,,,,,, Universal sent us a postcard for 40% off Royal Pacific or Hard Rock.
Not sure what we would have done if we had gotten that one a tad earlier.

Oh, and about the title?

No, that's not Pirates of the Caribbean, it's P.O.T.C......I think the better acronym would be Paying off the Cards,,,as in Credit!

"On Stranger Rides" kind of speaks for itself:
There will be a few things there on this trip that we havent' seen the new versions of yet,,,,,,,new lines at Pooh and Haunted Mansion, new Star Tours ride in 3-D, new Tiki Birds,,,,, ok, OLD Tiki Birds,,, not sure what else offhand.

But there will be one huge difference concerning the "rides", and that is me, the ride down there.

This will be my 15th time driving this 2500 mile round trip, and recently I've started having some severe eye problems that will have me basically doing it with one eye tied behind my back. This is why we're waiting for daylight before we leave, and yes, it rubs me the wrong way, but, "Oh well." Before you ask, yes, Diane does most of the driving around town and such, but she's not a highway driver and it's best to leave it that way. Besides, I have always loved the drive down, I just might have to pay a bit more attentiion this time. Luckily, we know this route like the back of our hands. (wait a minute, where did all these dark spots come from?)

We would love to hear from any of you that might be down there when we are, and certainly hope you'll check in often once we get this report under way for good. I think I can guarantee there will be some blood on this trip, some pain, also, always is,,,,,,,but we can always count on a bunch of laughs, that's got to be a "Given" here or I'm not playin'.
And yes, she will laugh when later on she reads that part where I referred to her as Godzilla, right? RIGHT? :scared1:

nebo/steve/heyyou

09-03-2006-01.jpg

usatfq002.jpg

First....

Should of been there. Have a Happy Birthday drink of the 6th for me.
Makes me so sad even typing it.

I'm joining! I've read your other TR's and you crack me up. Decided to de-lurk this time! I got in early.....sweet.

Yay, a Nebo trip report! :banana:
I was seriously thinking earlier tonight as I was reading another trip report that it must be time for a new Nebo report :love:

Hope you are doing well!

Alright Nebo! This is going to be good, I just have a feeling. You and Smidgy have a great time! I'm so sad we won't get to meet you guys this time, but maybe it will work for next year. I'm just looking forward to the laughs ahead!

ok, you left out the most important change, but I guess you are leaving that for later, so I will not ruin it for you. some of you already know this monumentous difference in this trip, but let's let nebo tel it in his own way. I think you;ll agree (and I do so grudgingly), he does have a way with words.
so, with no further ado,let me get this out of the way as soon as possible::worship::worship:... ouch! that hurt!

godzilla (I liked Dobby better) wants to know why you posted that really cute picture of me, than posted a "fat" picture. you should know better. Oh! I know why.. because YOU look good in that shot.
(and the battle begins, my friends.....)

adn, since I have to rise early in the morning, I had NO intention of getting on the computer tonight after work.. till I saw your note.. Ok I'm here.. let's get this party started.
I did miss a lot of you!:grouphug:

YAY- I'm here now, can't wait to hear all about this trip, and hopefully I won't fall off the face of the earth this time. :goodvibes

Still taking the Santa Fe down? Trying to talk Mark into driving ours in Dec for our trip..I just keep saying Nebo does it all the time! ;)

I'll admit, I lurked on your past TR and loved it, so I'm definitely joining in to this one! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :goodvibes

I'm here for the fun! :cool1:

My news is that we put a deposit down for Sept. 15-22, 2012 at POFQ for our 4th anniversary! Can't wait. It will be our first mod and non value. Hopefully they come out with free dining, cause if they don't we will have to downgrade to pop or music.

Did I make the first page?

I'm glad you and Smidgey are back! I missed you! 15 days - lots of adventures coming your way!

YAY! I am so happy to see a new nebo/smidgy report. We were so blessed to meet you both, I can't wait to read more.

T_Man reporting for duty SIR! pirate:

I'm glad you decided to do a pre-trip/trip report. It will be fun to read about the adventures of the non-smoking Nebo & Smidgy.

Hey, great to see some new people I don't recognize, and great to see some old friends back here too.
Welcome to all!:dance3:

:wave:Mrs. Thumper_Man here...ready for the adventure! I knew you couldn't stay away from us for too long :duck: ok, ok...you knew we would jump on this bandwagon the minute we saw it! Can't wait to read more!!!

Well ALRIGHT!!

I'm pumped and jacked (an old Pete Carroll reference from his Pats days for all you Patriots fans!) for another Nebo and Smidgy TR!

Looking forward to all the laughs and enjoying the ride!!

Jay

Oh, I'm in. I loved your last report. Okay, I'm going from memory here but a few things that stand out for me... fuzzy drink cups, Brazilian tour groups and cold weather. I hope this trip is the best yet.

YAY!!!:yay::yay::yay: More adventures of Nebo and Smidgy! :worship: I'm here for the ride!:cool1::wizard:

I'm back. I'd like to thank the little birdy that PMed me a warning...uh.. a heads up that is to say. There is nothing better than a new TR from Nebo.

Sooo what is this new thing Smidgy hinted at??!! You cant say that and then not tell us. Well you could I supposed but no one wants to hear me whine. Spill it or give a hint or something!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter