• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

I went in to play around - our dates to make ADR's is July 12. I haven't tried all restaurants but I have hit a snag - our party size will be 11 - 6 adults and 5 children (which will be a pain to have to put all that in plus their ages for each restaurant)

When I tried to "book" Boma - it said the party size is too large for that particular restaurant. When I have booked in the past, party size did not matter the CM has always just given us 2 tables near each other to make it easier. Will I have to make two separate ADR's now for each restaurant? If that is the case - will the fact we are all under the same grand gathering number boot me out of the second ADR?

One minor annoyance I have are the security words that you need to type in before adding each ADR to your cart. It's also a bit slow, but I was anticipating that! :laughing:

I like the auto fill when you are searching for a restaurant name, and I also like that if you're logged into Disneyworld.com, your name and email are entered into the checkout area automatically.

It's also cool that they suggest alternates when there aren't many choices for your time slot/party size. That's cool!

Cool - thanks! I was just able to get a better time to see Remy at Chefs during our August trip. Didn't like that we had a 12:30, which is exactly one of the times he's supposed to be there and was concerned that we'd be seated late and then done before he came back out. Got a 12pm instead, and was able to go in and book everything and get the confirmation! Wow - much easier than calling constantly!

Couldn't get a better time for WCC or Garden Grill, and CP and 1900 Park Fare weren't on it yet. And of course nothing for Le Cellier, no matter how much I played with my dates! ;)

Question:

With online ADR's added to the equation:

WHEN do that day's "batch" of ressies become available?

Midnight?

So I wanted to book our ADR's for Sept 16th - 25th, does that mean we can try to book at 12:01 on June 18th?

I shoulda been paying MUCH closer attention to this!

Ok, I can not wait till tonight when Reservations is closed. I hope we can fill our cart after hours. If that will be the case then we can get up really early, fill our cart and check out as soon a 7 am hits and they open. From looking at it you would only be able to add one day at a time so far, I have not been able to get it to do 90+10 yet.

From what I read about the TA's playing with it, the next day rolled over at 3 AM EST - so I would think that would be the time to check tonight to see if they changed it.

I make my ADRs next Wednesday, so I am SO excited it's up now!

Interestingly enough, it also does not apparently like the DVC confirmation numbers when retrieving your information...hmmm.

Any UK bods tried this yet?

Do you need your Disney US ressie number?

Any issues with our post codes or phone numbers?

Ok, I can not wait till tonight when Reservations is closed. I hope we can fill our cart after hours. If that will be the case then we can get up really early, fill our cart and check out as soon a 7 am hits and they open. From looking at it you would only be able to add one day at a time so far, I have not been able to get it to do 90+10 yet.

I don't think you will be able to fill your cart, then wait for the new day. The days you want won't be available until it "rolls over" in the night. And once it does, you should be able to reserve right then and there!

So who's date is TOMORROW???? I'm dying to hear how it goes, and who's getting up in the wee hours of the night to try it out every hour!

This is SO distracting! Didnt' those Disney folks know I had WORK to do today?????

I went in to play around - our dates to make ADR's is July 12. I haven't tried all restaurants but I have hit a snag - our party size will be 11 - 6 adults and 5 children (which will be a pain to have to put all that in plus their ages for each restaurant)

When I tried to "book" Boma - it said the party size is too large for that particular restaurant. When I have booked in the past, party size did not matter the CM has always just given us 2 tables near each other to make it easier. Will I have to make two separate ADR's now for each restaurant? If that is the case - will the fact we are all under the same grand gathering number boot me out of the second ADR?

It says on the booking engine to call for groups bigger than 10, so maybe you still have to book ressies for large parties by phone.

O.K. - I just found the note that said all parties over 10 need to call to book ADR's. I guess that puts me back as one of the ones who will have to use the phone regardless to keep my party of 11 together unless someone finds a better way.

This might be helpful for others who are booking their ADRs soon, but I just logged in and I'm adding all the ones I want to get to my favorites now, so it's easier to bring them up that day =)

QUestions:

1) Has anyone made the 90+10 work? Or is it strictly at 90 right now.

2) IF you've gotten the 90+10 to work, I'm assuming you have your resort reservation retrieved. Any DVC members manage to get THEIR reservation # to work. Mine definitely won't.

I went to dining and started typing in the search, but no auto-fill there..??

Whenever I ran into a field that I could type the name of a restaurant, it popped up with suggestions.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Under dining start typing C-H-E and Chef Mickey's will appear below. Click on it and it fills the blank for you. Click Search and you're on your way.

Oh, this is fun! :goodvibes I just made another ADR online and I didn't even need another one! LOL! I guess we're going to try the Wave now! :thumbsup2

Has anyone been able to retrieve online their ADRs booked by phone? I'm not having any luck. Are older ADRs not linked to this new system?

This might be helpful for others who are booking their ADRs soon, but I just logged in and I'm adding all the ones I want to get to my favorites now, so it's easier to bring them up that day =)

Thanks for the tip - I was trying to figure out a way to keep from scrolling through everything each time !

This is SO distracting! Didnt' those Disney folks know I had WORK to do today?????

I know! I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, I'm not ready, and I'm sitting here playing with all my ADR times. And mine are already booked, but you just KNOW there's something better out there!

Oh, this is fun! :goodvibes I just made another ADR online and I didn't even need another one! LOL! I guess we're going to try the Wave now! :thumbsup2

Has anyone been able to retrieve online their ADRs booked by phone? I'm not having any luck. Are older ADRs not linked to this new system?

Did you read the same Wave review I did? I'm tempted to try it now too! And I'd read all along that even the travel agents couldn't pull up ones done by phone online so I don't think that's a feature yet. Maybe at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter