Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

Tricia1972

<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
This is an old thread from when Online ADRs were first launched. The online ADR system has evolved over the past year and some changes have been made. However, as time went on, and board members became more familiar with how to make ADRs, this thread was no longer viewed. Most questions from the FAQ became regular questions on the boards, and we were aware that this thread was no longer read. We unstuck it and it 'died'. It was recently bumped as current, but please be aware that it really isn't.

We haven't updated t his thread since September 2009, and will not be updating this thread in the future. Much of the general information in the first post can still be helpful. For specific questions (i.e. 90 days or 180 days, what time you can make your ADRs, etc,), make sure to verify the information with Disney or on the boards before trusting this as the 'gospel' truth.

Online ADR's are finally working after a long wait. We had an old online watch thread, that we've split. Posts prior to the launch of online booking can be found here if you're interested. (It may be a fun read for a day that you're frustrated with the system, many of us wished this upon oursleves ;))

Now that online reservations are here, there are a million questions and at least a few different answers for each question. As we're trying to work through the ever changing policy and information, and discover the most common questions and answers, we'd like to keep as much as we can regarding online ADRs on this one thread, and address new information in the FAQ section.

As you know from reading through the boards, it can be confusing following multiple threads, but since so much time has passed since the launch of online ADRs, and this thread has grown accordingly, we are not automatically merging individual questions into this thread. However, any other 'official' threads that pop up will be merged into this existing thread. If there is still need for an official thread once we hit our post limit here, we'll close this thread and a moderator will open and maintain a new Official thread.

As we get definitive answers, the mods will try to update the FAQ to more accurately reflect today's questions and answers. Please be patient with us, this is as new to us as it is to all of you.

Online ADR's have been launched for the general public. Click here to check it out http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

FAQ

What time can I make my ADR's Online?
As early as 3am Eastern Time. Originally the online system opened at 6:01 Eastern Time, but for the past few weeks board members have reported being able to open 90 and 90 +10 at 3am.

Can you make 90 +10 reservations if you're staying onsite?
Yes you can!

DVC and those that booked with a TA can't use the +10 online? What's up with that?

Nothing at all!! As of July 1st 2009 this glitch has been fixed!

I booked directly through Disney and the site still won't pull my 90 +10, what should I do?
First try clearing your cookies and history. If this doesn't work try every phone number you've had - ever. Many times this can be rectified with getting the 'right' number. The Disney computer system is tricky and will occasionally hold old phone numbers for years.

If you do this, and still can't get your reservation, unfortunately you will likely need to call. There are just some weird system glitches that are popping up.

Can you book Fantasmic Dining Packages Online?
Not yet, but it looks like you might be able to in the future (Thanks to pilferk for the instructions)

Go to: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining-events-and-packages/

To get there, from the "normal" dining page, you click on the "Choose another dining type" drop down, and select special dining event.

Scroll down, and you'll see the Fantasmic packages.

Right now the "book a reservation" button doesn't work, but I'd guess the plan is for it to start working, at some point.

Can I book my Pirates Cruise, BBB, LaNouba, etc Online?
Like the Fantasmic Package, the answer is "no" for now.

Will Disney no longer take phone reservations?
Most agree that this would be highly unlikely. Not everyone is on the internet. Also, Disney themselves have not announced anything to indicate that their goal is to remove phones entirely.

I'm on the Dining Plan, does the computer system know not to charge my credit card for CRT, HDDR and the like?

If you use your reservation number tied in with the dining plan, you will not be charged. Beware though, if you book outside of the Dining Plan Guidelines (such as booking CAT 1 for a dinner show) your credit card will be charged. Reversing that charge will have to be done with Disney via telephone.

Can I View/Modify/Cancel my reservations online?
If you have your confirmation number, yes you can! Just go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ Click on My Disney Vacation and click on Retrieve Reservations. Enter your confirmation number and your phone number.

Can I add my celebration to my reservation online?
Yes you can...

How do I add my celebration online?
After you check out there will be an option under "What Will You Celebrate", that says
If you're planning to celebrate a special occasion at Walt Disney World® Resort, please let us know so that we can help you make your visit even more memorable.
There is a button below "Add a Celebration to this Reservation" Click on that and you'll be able to add your celebration.

Oh NO!! I finally made my reservation, but the computer went to a blank screen! or
I swear I made my ADR, but I didn't get a Confirmation Number.

If you are lucky enough to get the blank white screen when you click to confirm your ADRs... DON'T PANIC!!

The ADR was probably still made... to find this out and to get the confirmation numbers...

click on the suitcase at the top of the screen and then click on 'Dining Reservations'. When that screen shows up...scroll all the way down and your most recently made ADRs (for that session) show up.

It just happened to me TWICE and I was able to go and retrieve them and write down the ADRs #s... sadly though you will NOT get an email automatically sent to you. You can pull up the ADR though and then fill out the information and click 'email reservation'

Is there a tutorial or walk through on the Dis?
Yes there is, another Dis'er wrote a helpful walk through, which can be found Here (It's on page 180 if you have problems opening the link)

Did the link work? There has been whisper that it'd be soon - maybe sooner than we thought!

I was able to make a reservation almost all the way through - I went all the way to the point off having to add my name and info. Unfortunately I don't have a trip planned so I just canceled it out before entering my name.

WOW! I'm seeing the links now!

I start making my ADR's Sunday. I just had this funny feeling this would roll out just before I do mine. But is that a good thing or a bad thing????

OR will everyone play today and CRASH the system?????

Stay tuned!

What is the link for the page you are seeing it on???

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ and then just narrow down your restaurants. It appears both next to the little summary and on the restaurant's own page.

It looks like most, but not all, of the TS restaurants that book through central reservations can now be reserved online. The main exception seems to be that most of the ones at DTD are not yet working, although there are a few here and there that aren't either (like Crystal Palace).

It let me search, but the restaurants I'm considering adding (T-REX and Kouzzina) don't come up, so I didn't try to book anything.

I went to the top of the page under DISCOVER, I clicked on DINING, and when the restaurants are listed some will have a box with BOOK RESERVATION, when you click that box, it pulls up a pic of the restaurant with the online reservation area below. My ADR date hasn't rolled around yet, but I have been playing with the system to familiarize myself. HTH :goodvibes:cool1:

I see the "make reservation" link on the left of the restaurant pages- wheee! did some checking on availability to play around... nothing came up for the times I tried (no surprise as they are popular), though the system did offer alternatives. Nifty!

My ADR day is Saturday. It will be nice to do on-line as long as it is working well.

I saw it too! I went to the main dining page and searched for Chef Mickey's. When I got to the right page for the restaurant, there was a link on the left side to make a reservation. I clicked on it and it took me to a page where I could select a date and time. I entered a date and time and sure enough, it showed me a couple of available times. It won't be long now -- and I don't have to make my ADRs until July 9th, so I may be able to make them online :banana:!

I would highly suggest playing with it prior to making your own ADR's. It's neat, but there is a learning curve. I'd hate to first try it out when the pressure is on.

Not surprisingly, no link for CRT and Crystal Palace.........

Alright, now I need everyone to stay up all night and let me know exactly what TIME the new day's ADR's become available. Hopefully it will be before 7 Eastern so I can get done online before calling for BBB.......

You can also click on the restaurant & over to the left side there is a box to click on that says MAKE RESERVATION

I was coming here to post the same information. Yes, I actually did some searches and almost booked. I wanted Turf Club but there was no link for that one. No LeCell for the dates I checked. I liked that I could put a range of dates in also. Not sure how the +10 will work, but I think we need to log into our reservation to do that. I'll go check out my reservations on DVC to see if there is a link there. This is good news as I am just hating calling the dine-line diaster anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter