Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

Please excuse my ignorance and impatience...I have not read through all the pages here...but did the time you can book your ADRs online, on the day your window opens up, change from 6AM Eastern Time to 3AM Eastern Time? I don't think I can get up at 3AM and function at work that day! :scared1: Do you think if I get up at 5AM I will still get my ADRs? I am most worried about Chef Mickey's breakfast and CRT dinner. However, CRT dinner is for 10 people so I think I have to call at 7AM anyway for that big a party. Both those meals are also later than our actual check-in date (we're on property so taking advantage of the 180+10 rule). Also, by the time I make ADRs, the 180-day window will be back. Our check-in date is July 13, 2010. I make our ADRs on January 14, 2010. Help!

I don't really think you need to get up at 3AM. I did, but I was making reservations 90 days out for December free dining. You are making reservations for 180 days out during a time that probably won't have free dining. You'll be competing against a much smaller group of people. I can't imagine that you would have a lot of trouble.

tried a search and going thru this thread, but give up....
has anyone staying at the S/D been able to book on-line ressies and how? I am asking for my SIL, they are hoping to join us at Christmas when we go and she has a nurses rate...I know she can only do one day at a time, not the 90+10...but she has tried putting her ressie # in from S/D and nothing :confused3.
Matter of fact, I can't get our CSR ressie to allow us to do 90 +10 either as I was trying to alter one now for a larger party. I could book by phone that way, but not online...frustrating!

My SIL booked the S/D on the nurses rate and they are going to hook up with us for part of our Christmas trip. Our ADR's are made, not really planning to change them, but am willing to tweak them if needed so their family can be on the same schedule as us, kids can eat together etc. We do not have to be at the same table, and do not have to have a large party size, but following the same touring plans/restaurants etc. So, since my ADR's are already in place ( and I am the only one touching them ;)) I get to book her ADR's...not a problem, except when I put her Confirmation # in, it says ressie can't be found. I know you can only do day by day for the S/D, but her arrival date is 12/16 so I SHOULD be able to book from 12/16-12/21, right? She booked the ressies by calling the 828-8850 number, is that the issue? I would call her but she is at work and that is a no-no unless an emergency ( tho dining at the holidays just might NEED triage help) anyway, anyone know how to walk me thru this? I will call in if I have to, but I am VERY nervous that the CM while having good intentions, may gooof my current ressies trying to move them around to coordinate them with SIL...does that make sense?
Thanks!

Since your SIL can't take advantage of the 90+10, she doesn't actually need to put her reservation # in, because as far as I know, the only reason to put it in is to get the +10 to open up.

I found that getting ADRs for my first few days was more difficult than getting them later in my trip. I found a lot of availability later in the trip.
I ended up getting up at 4:30am (Central Time Zone) to get my ADRs and was successful. I even got back online later in the afternoon and was still finding availability. I even tweaked a few of my reservations at that point.
My guess would be that you will still find availability if you start at 5. Apparently the 3am thing hasn't been working for everyone, so it would be more likely to work for you and less frustrating to get up at 5am.

Be flexible though. Even if the day you want is a couple days into your trip, you may not get the times you want on that day. My trip is starting on December 11th and I wanted Le Cellier on the 14th for my DH's birthday, and the earliest I could get was 9:05pm. When I tried for later is the trip, I got much more acceptable times.

Thanks for the tip! DH and I are very flexible. The only ADR that is not flexible is CRT dinner because we are going to that with my parents, sister and nieces. They are only joining us for the first 4 days of our 10-night trip. They are staying at Pop Century and want to make sure to be able to go to MK when it is an EMH morning (we're all early risers, so EMH mornings work out well, plus we can take all the kids to the Fantasyland attractions first thing and finish that before the rest of the park opens!). As for the rest, DH and I are flexible. We'll know which park we will be going to on certain days, but restaurants are flexible too. For example, I don't think we will have a problem getting Biergarten one day at Epcot, and Chefs de France another day (dinner for both), but the days we go to either one are flexible. We will have a third day at Epcot and still not sure which country we will go to for dinner, but DH may want me to try for Le Cellier. If we can't get that, we are also considering San Angel Inn or Restaurant Marrakesh.

I think that when the day comes I will just get up at 4:30 (only 30 minutes earlier than I am used to on a work/school day), do my ADRs first thing and then get ready for work. That should work! Also, I think with the 180-day window returning ADRs might end up being easier to get at that point.

Since your SIL can't take advantage of the 90+10, she doesn't actually need to put her reservation # in, because as far as I know, the only reason to put it in is to get the +10 to open up.

that's what I was gonna say...she won't need to enter any res. info doing it one day at a time

well, she wants her ressie# on it for the online retrieval and email purposes. I went ahead and just called ...was able to get things coordinated pretty nicely and even got her and us WCC for Christmas Dinner! It is frustrating tho, and even my ressie # won't work on the on line system, then got a message saying last name did not match, THEN got the system is busy message...:headache: just crazy! However, I was able to get them CP with us, Sanaa and Coral Reef...AND Chef Mickeys Christmas morning! THAT one floored me! The kicker is now I am not sure I want it due to the menu...and now that we can eat dinner at WCC, might just go that route. I was really worried that our ressies would go *poof* dealing by phone, but it is the other way around, the *pixie-dust* is with the CM's on the phone, not the PC!

"7) Once you do this, then open up multiple tabs on your internet browser. Sometimes referred to as tabbed browsing. I personally have Windows IE, and I am sorry, but I know nothing about any other type of browser. I only know that mine allows for tabbed browsing. Open tabs equal to the number of restaurants you want to make adr's for. (I opened up 9 tabs). For each tab, go to the restaurant you want.
This was why I suggested waking up so early. For me personally, it took me a while to get each tab to the restaurant I wanted.[/U
]"

I don't understand about the tabs.:confused3 Sorry Could you possibly explain. I am on Internet explorer. Thanks so much:santa:

"7) Once you do this, then open up multiple tabs on your internet browser. Sometimes referred to as tabbed browsing. I personally have Windows IE, and I am sorry, but I know nothing about any other type of browser. I only know that mine allows for tabbed browsing. Open tabs equal to the number of restaurants you want to make adr's for. (I opened up 9 tabs). For each tab, go to the restaurant you want.
This was why I suggested waking up so early. For me personally, it took me a while to get each tab to the restaurant I wanted.[/U
]"

I don't understand about the tabs.:confused3 Sorry Could you possibly explain. I am on Internet explorer. Thanks so much:santa:

I have "tab browsing" on Firefox, not on IE (I have an older version of IE tho) when you put your mouse over a link - you read thru the choices, one choices is open window another is open tab - click on open tab and then instead of having 9 different windows on your desk top - you have one window, and then you click on the "tabs" your going to see this up under the list thats under you url....

HTH

Thank you:) Can you make more than 10 reservations online? They only let me make 10 and I went on later to try to make more and wouldn't allow me to. So is 10 it for online ressies? The system wouldn't let me make New Years Eve dinner ressies (even before the 10 ressie max). There are so many bugs in this system. I stayed up over 3 hours trying to make ressies. What a waste of time:( The system loses ressies too grrrr1

I keep getting the error "E.." code in red - I cant get them to even recognize me - let alone try to make reservations...

I have heard you cant make more then 10 day out reservations - but I hadnt heard you cant make more then ten total reservations! :confused3

stupid IT and computers!

Hello all,

I have been playing around with this thing for a couple of days now and reading the posts but I am still confused.

Our trip is planned for Jan 24 - 30 2010. Our window opens on Oct 26th. I saw where one person had all of her ADRS line up, bookmarked, and ready to go so that when the window opened up and she refreshed the page it a was all set. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN & how do you do that? Can someone please walk me through the process.

My 10 year old son has autism and he is beyone excited to go. We want his trip to be the best ever including getting an ADR at Chef Mickeys. We have been 3 times with him and have never gotten an ADR there and he is so disappointed each time. This is the first trip that we have planned out in advance and I am praying that I can get one this time but I want to be prepared so the morning of it will go smoothly.

Can someone please help or direct me to the post that has the specifics. 189 pages is a lot of reading when I am tied up with him most of the day.

Thanks so much in advance.

Stacey:confused :confused3

Is anyone else still having issues with the error code E02020305001??

Fortunately, I've already made my ADR's - but I wanted to go in and change one to an earlier time and I can't get my resort reservation to link now. As someone suggested, I've tried not logging in to the site before trying to link the reservation, I've cleared my cookies - does anyone know another way around this?

Thanks,
Lisa

Is anyone else still having issues with the error code E02020305001??

I've been getting that error code for a long time now, although my trip is entirely less than 90 days out, so I no longer need it to access all my dates. Since I see that that's also the case for you, I would suggest just forgoing putting in your reservation number. You'll still be able to check the date you want and make a dining reservation, and besides, the impression I get from the dining site is that the only reason to put in your room reservation number is to get the +10 to open up.

I've been getting that error code for a long time now, although my trip is entirely less than 90 days out, so I no longer need it to access all my dates. Since I see that that's also the case for you, I would suggest just forgoing putting in your reservation number. You'll still be able to check the date you want and make a dining reservation, and besides, the impression I get from the dining site is that the only reason to put in your room reservation number is to get the +10 to open up.
Thanks! I'll go ahead and make the changes - I just wondered if it made a difference not having the dining linked to the resort reservation - I guess not! Thanks again. :goodvibes

from momtobrynncess:
If you are staying off-site, you will need to call back each day after 90 days to make your adr for each day of your vacation at the 90 day mark.

We are traveling in March 2010 to WDW and I will make the ADRs on 10/27. We are not staying on-site. Since the 90-day nor the 90+10 day window will have opened yet for our travel dates, it appears that I will have the same opportunity to make ressies as those staying on-site. Is this true and how others understand what will happen when they switch to 180 days on October 27th?

In short - those booking ressies between Jan 25, 2010 and April 25, 2010 will all be able to book starting on the 27th whether they are on or off-site. Correct? It's like a one-time only benefit/glitch depending on how you look at it.

Also, when are the parks publishing park schedules for 180 days out? Before Oct 27th? After? or are they sticking with 90days on those - which makes no sense as it helps with making reservations to know this info but I have not heard definitively yet. Thanks!

thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I read that park hours will also be published at 180 days beginning Oct 27th. Happy planning!! :goodvibes

Also, when are the parks publishing park schedules for 180 days out? Before Oct 27th? After? or are they sticking with 90days on those - which makes no sense as it helps with making reservations to know this info but I have not heard definitively yet. Thanks!

thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

I've seen this question before, but I can't find the answer...

We are checking in Dec 29 (to Jan 2) but have 2 separate reservation numbers (DVC, they are supposedly linked), one for 29-31 and one for 31-2.

1) Is there a way to link these reservation numbers so I can make all my ADRs starting tomorrow morning?

2) Will I be able to make ADRs at least for 12/31 tomorrow, as that is the "check out" day of the first reservation?

I have tried putting in my DVC res# and it comes up with the 12/29-12/31, but I can't figure out how to link them, or even put in two res #s at once. Any ideas?

I realize this is kind of last minute, since I should be making them in 9 hours or so... and I'm worried about 12/31 being hard to get! TIA!

I am booking in the morning, but can't figure out how you log in your reservation. I can log into my account but it doesn't ask my reservation number. I would assume that it was just pulling up my reservation, but I have another reservation before my January reservation. Anyway, how does this work?

You want to use the "retrieve reservation" link. From the book online page, click here:
"If you have a Resort reservation or would like to use your Disney Dining Plan for this meal, please retrieve your reservation. "
They you can enter confirmation number, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter