Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

lurkyloo, not sure if you're doing it this way or not, but this works for me. Go to the Disney dining webpage (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/), put your cursor over the My Disney Vacations part in the upper right corner. (If you just click there, it takes you to a page that isn't helpful, so dont' click.) A list will drop down whie your cursor is just hovering over My Disney Vacation. Left click there and hold the left mouse button down while you slide the cursor down to Dining Reservations. Click on it, and log in. When the Disney dining page opens again, go back to the My DIsney Vacation corner and repeat - left click and hold, then slide it down to Dining Reservations again. This will bring up a page where you enter just your ADR confirmation and your phone number. You can bring up multiple reservations by clicking on "retrive multiple reservations" and it will keep opening up more boxes for you to enter confirmation numbers in. I don't know why this is such a process, but it does work.

HOORAY! That worked - thank you so much!

I was just clicking once on My Disney Vacation and being taken to the page that isn't helpful! :rotfl: I felt so dumb.

Happydog - maybe this method will work for you too...?

I can't get the 90 + 10 either...just the 90. In other words, I can only book something for Dec 17th right now, not the 18th and further:confused3
Anyone else?

I made my on-line ressies at 7am this morning. It being my first time, I also called; the wait for an operater was 14 minutes.

Anyways, I had absolutely no problems. I hung up the phone during my third ressie; I made 5.

Some of my ressies I got the exact time requested; others within 15 minutes. We are traveling 12\18 - 12\24.

I reserved Chef Mickey's (dinner), Crystal Palace, Cape May Clam Bake, Tusker House (lunch), and 1900 Park Faire (Breakfast). My kids prefer buffets; DD12 is a vegetarian and DS14 eats a lot of fruit and salad.

After I made the ressies; I logged out then logged back on. It was easy to find my dining reservations and I could email them to DH.

I was prepared for the on-line reservation system to be slow and not work; this was not the case.:thumbsup2

I've got a ton of time until I'll be making reservations, but since my future trip will probably be one adult and one 17 year old, do you think it would make a difference if I just put 2 adults down while making ADRs?

It saves a few clicks, and there's no price difference, so I don't see the problem..

HOORAY! That worked - thank you so much!

I was just clicking once on My Disney Vacation and being taken to the page that isn't helpful! :rotfl: I felt so dumb.

Happydog - maybe this method will work for you too...?

YAY, I am glad you solved the riddle, but this is where I was :laughing:..

I just thought you could pull up a list associated with your telephone or something vs. keying them all into a "list" which is the option Jaysmom was describing from the website... I received an email for all the online ressies, like three (b/c I didn't want to put them all in at once) but a few I made on the phone while I was driving, and I couldn't write them down... :rolleyes1 I have a vehicle installed blue tooth... both hands were on the wheel! So I had to call back to get the # vs. receive an email or check online...

It appears that you can't use the Disney Vacation Dining Reservations feature to pull up reservation #s that you make on the phone. Or am I mistaken? Anyone have luck with this -- or did I miss that post?! :)

I made my ressies on the phone and I have been able to pull them up online.

Those have trouble doing 90+10 and being able to only book online for the 90 day....did you book your trip through a TA or with Disney directly? I'm wondering because I booked through a TA and was not able to do the +10 online so I did mine all on the phone. Not sure if that is your situation too, but hope it helps!! :)

NOW I can't get the system to find my ressiesthat I do have based on our Confirmation number!:eek: This is kind of concerning....I need to try and change a time for one. calling still appears to be the way to do ADR's, for me anyway. I am bummed tho, becasue when our trip was for August ( we had to reschedule) I was able to use the online system without a hitch, it was awesome!

Happydog, the only ADR that I couldn't pull up online was the CP package ADR that I had to make over the phone. When I called Disney dining to check on it, the CM confirmed that the CP reservations can't be retrieved online. I'm not sure if that applies to all phone reservations or not, because that's the only one I made, but perhaps it does. The CM did offer that they are working on a way to do this but didn't know when it would be effective.

Those have trouble doing 90+10 and being able to only book online for the 90 day....did you book your trip through a TA or with Disney directly? I'm wondering because I booked through a TA and was not able to do the +10 online so I did mine all on the phone. Not sure if that is your situation too, but hope it helps!! :)

I booked mine with Disney and was able to do the 90+10 online.

I booked online last night at 2am CST on the dot. Only trouble was OHana Dinner on 12/18 but only had to get a 2 hour later seating. It wouldn't let me book Fantasmic or Candlelight Processional so called this morning. Curously, there are no Fantasmic packages available at any resturants for 12/20. I had to go with one on 12/22. Has anyone booked a Fantasmic Pkg on 12/20???

Got Candelight Processional on 12/21 exactly at time and restaurant I wanted! :cool1:

Christmas week ADR's were easier than late Sept to get. :confused3 Hopefully Free Dining brought all the travellers out early this year. Except I fear for the crowds this coming week. :scared1:

Also, curiously they did not get a CC guarantee on my Akershus breakfast ressie. Anyone else not have to put down a cc for Akershus?

If I'm arriving on Dec. 31st, the DVC CM told me I couldn't book until Oct. 2nd. Does that sound right? I thought 90+10 from Dec. 31st is Sep. 22nd? I'm confused.

If I'm arriving on Dec. 31st, the DVC CM told me I couldn't book until Oct. 2nd. Does that sound right? I thought 90+10 from Dec. 31st is Sep. 22nd? I'm confused.

The +10 starts on your 90th day, meaning you'll be able to book from Dec. 31 - January 9th in one shot, instead of having to call every day. So, Oct. 2nd is correct.

Really?! Huh, what is up with mine, then!!! :rotfl: It is only two, but still!!!

Happydog, the only ADR that I couldn't pull up online was the CP package ADR that I had to make over the phone. When I called Disney dining to check on it, the CM confirmed that the CP reservations can't be retrieved online. I'm not sure if that applies to all phone reservations or not, because that's the only one I made, but perhaps it does. The CM did offer that they are working on a way to do this but didn't know when it would be effective.

Yeah, I don't know -- it tries to pull them up but goes into "please wait while we process..." and comes back blank... not sure why, not going to sweat it though, just thought it would be a nice feature, I may ask what I am doing wrong when I call next time. At least I got my reservations!!! :thumbsup2

Please excuse my ignorance and impatience...I have not read through all the pages here...but did the time you can book your ADRs online, on the day your window opens up, change from 6AM Eastern Time to 3AM Eastern Time? I don't think I can get up at 3AM and function at work that day! :scared1: Do you think if I get up at 5AM I will still get my ADRs? I am most worried about Chef Mickey's breakfast and CRT dinner. However, CRT dinner is for 10 people so I think I have to call at 7AM anyway for that big a party. Both those meals are also later than our actual check-in date (we're on property so taking advantage of the 180+10 rule). Also, by the time I make ADRs, the 180-day window will be back. Our check-in date is July 13, 2010. I make our ADRs on January 14, 2010. Help!

Please excuse my ignorance and impatience...I have not read through all the pages here...but did the time you can book your ADRs online, on the day your window opens up, change from 6AM Eastern Time to 3AM Eastern Time? I don't think I can get up at 3AM and function at work that day! :scared1: Do you think if I get up at 5AM I will still get my ADRs? I am most worried about Chef Mickey's breakfast and CRT dinner. However, CRT dinner is for 10 people so I think I have to call at 7AM anyway for that big a party. Both those meals are also later than our actual check-in date (we're on property so taking advantage of the 180+10 rule). Also, by the time I make ADRs, the 180-day window will be back. Our check-in date is July 13, 2010. I make our ADRs on January 14, 2010. Help!

I found that getting ADRs for my first few days was more difficult than getting them later in my trip. I found a lot of availability later in the trip.
I ended up getting up at 4:30am (Central Time Zone) to get my ADRs and was successful. I even got back online later in the afternoon and was still finding availability. I even tweaked a few of my reservations at that point.
My guess would be that you will still find availability if you start at 5. Apparently the 3am thing hasn't been working for everyone, so it would be more likely to work for you and less frustrating to get up at 5am.

Be flexible though. Even if the day you want is a couple days into your trip, you may not get the times you want on that day. My trip is starting on December 11th and I wanted Le Cellier on the 14th for my DH's birthday, and the earliest I could get was 9:05pm. When I tried for later is the trip, I got much more acceptable times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!