***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Yes pricey but think of it this way not paying $10 per picture. You can get allot of pictures out of it if you make it a point to go see a photographer. They have a lot of magic shots. A lot of the meet and greets have photographers. If your going to MNSSHP those photos are included. The best part all of you can be in the pictures.

That's the reason I bought it. Plus some of the rides now offer video so it's just an added bonus.
Here is a thread on the magic shot locations: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/

First ride: Thunder Mountain, or as we call it in my house - the Runaway Train. It will be my DS9 & DD7 first time on it. DS9 "wimped" out last trip and has been eagerly waiting to redeem himself! :-)
Must Do: Dessert Party - always wanted to and we are doing 2 this trip!
Must Buy: tough....but this has to center around each kid choosing their OWN dessert from a cart. lol
Must eat: CRT - not for the food, but I've finally convinced my Dad to join us at the castle for dinner!

Last edited:
I knew better than to just go and be bombarded with questions later. They just don't understand why I have to work on everything so early. I love being able to tell them at this stage - NO, we cannot change parks or we will lose all of our FP's!!!
We kinda went over things a while ago and decided what park on what day, so I knew what FP's to look for. So at this point it's all tweaking.

I kinda lay down the law and make them feel like they have a say so ...lol. My plan is more or less to "tell" them what we are doing and come up with a plan for when everyone wants to wake up. I do NOT like sitting around all morning waiting. On one trip, my DH said he wanted to sleep longer because he had a headache. So I made sure he had Excedrin and water and I took the kids and went to Hollywood Studios (so he could have peace and quiet and get better). He met up with us around noon and felt great. If I had to sit around till noon.....ugh!!!!
A group of friends took a girls trip a few years ago. I heard stories about not getting out till after noon because they all had to do hair and makeup. NO way!!

Oh wow after noon just fro doing hair and make up? Most of if melts off anyway. Does slightly remind me of my last trip. My friend took her hair straighteners but didn't buy travel/international ones and they did not heat up. By the end of the trip everyone else was trying to lie in a bit in the mornings but I was doing the breakfast run and come up to the room with food to get everyone ready quicker.

I'll add myself to the list of those calling you brave! I guess I sort of gave my husband an opportunity to weigh in, but it was mostly to talk me out of booking too many TS meals. (This is not that sort of trip, but I keep finding awesome reservations.) Luckily he hasn't tried to talk me out of my crazy plan to do AK->EPCOT->AK on our arrival day just so we can use the only FP for FOP that I have found for our first day AND see Pandora at night. It is such a short trip that the difficulty of getting a FP for FOP really put a wrench in our plans. I just wish Express Transportation hadn't gone away. I think we might try using Uber or Lyft.

I'm really sad the Express has gone, I needed that one two days and I wanted to use the Minnie Van instead but they haven't rolled that out quick enough.

18 days :cool1:

First ride: Thunder Mountain, or as we call it in my house - the Runaway Train. It will by my DS9 & DD7 first time on it. DS9 "wimped" out last trip and has been eagerly waiting to redeem himself! :-)
Must Do: Dessert Party - always wanted to and we are doing 2 this trip!
Must Buy: tough....but this has to center around each kid choosing their OWN dessert from a cart. lol
Must eat: CRT - not for the food, but I've finally convinced my Dad to join us at the castle for dinner!

We are doing two dessert parties this trip, too. Glad to see we aren't the only ones! I know we overlap for one of them so maybe we will see you there!

:rotfl:My husband sorta feels the same way as you...It is however a classic ride to me thus it will be ridden once ::yes::

We always ride it once a trip for the nostalgia. I like it, but once is enough each trip :crazy:

I get the whole "nostalgia" thing, I guess. A lot of people were crying about The Great Movie Ride going away. I feel the same way about it as I do about Small World. They could bulldoze both and I'd be okay with it. But I do understand Small World is a classic, I really do. I just wish they'd update it.

We are doing two dessert parties this trip, too. Glad to see we aren't the only ones! I know we overlap for one of them so maybe we will see you there!

Me, too! I'm doing the Star Wars and HEA dessert parties. Good. Knowing others are doing two as well makes me feel like less of a glutton. LOL

While we wait, tell us what the first attraction you'll ride is...and why? Also, what's your "must do", "must buy" and "must eat" while you're there??
Awesome question!
First ride: Peter Pan (not my fave but I don't want to waste a FP on it so we are doing it at RD!)
Must do: I agree with everyone who said HEA- I haven't seen it yet.
Must buy: An Alex and Ani bracelet. I'm trying to build up my collection.
Must eat: A pumpkin Mickey waffle at MNSSHP *drools*

I can't believe we leave tomorrow!!

While we wait, tell us what the first attraction you'll ride is...and why? Also, what's your "must do", "must buy" and "must eat" while you're there??

My first attraction will be Big Thunder Mountain Railroad simply because I couldn't get 7 DMT! My "must do" is as many fireworks as possible. My "must buy" is a Christmas Ornament, and my "must eat" are the ribs at Flame Tree. Can't wait to hear about everyone's "musts"!!

1st ride - Big Thunder Mountain
Must do - Meet the Mayor of Disney World
Must buy - Mickey Ice Cream in the souvenir pants
Must eat - Casey's hot dogs - tradition

Awesome question!
First ride: Peter Pan (not my fave but I don't want to waste a FP on it so we are doing it at RD!)
Must do: I agree with everyone who said HEA- I haven't seen it yet.
Must buy: An Alex and Ani bracelet. I'm trying to build up my collection.
Must eat: A pumpkin Mickey waffle at MNSSHP *drools*

I can't believe we leave tomorrow!!

Does anybody else have an issue with their name being "dolewhipdreams" but their must eat being a Mickey waffle? :stir: :D

We are doing exactly the same!

Me, too! I'm doing the Star Wars and HEA dessert parties. Good. Knowing others are doing two as well makes me feel like less of a glutton. LOL

Well now I know we are in such good company! We are doing Star Wars and HEA Garden View as well! The only bummer is that we are doing them two out of three nights so it really cuts down on our ability to have fun dinners. Need to get the most out of the desserts, after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter