**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

hi! We are going May 2017 and I was wondering if anyone knows if they intend to extend the party into May? Thanks!
Make sure to subscribe to this thread, you will see a lot of notifications each time the dessert party bookings open up. As od now they are only releasing dates a month or so at a time. First page has details on everything

DVC...how exciting! I've wanted to buy in for many, many years, even before I was married and had kids. Hoping to hook my DH in June as he hasn't been in 35 years! In any case, we will be there first week of June as well, and hope to book the dessert party!

I keep going back and forth - mostly because I would like to wait until I get my end of year bonus to buy dvc, but, I am doing wine and dine in Nov and marathon weekend in Jan. So paying for hotels and then buying dvc right after just feels wrong! Plus, points for dark side in April are so high!

I keep going back and forth - mostly because I would like to wait until I get my end of year bonus to buy dvc, but, I am doing wine and dine in Nov and marathon weekend in Jan. So paying for hotels and then buying dvc right after just feels wrong! Plus, points for dark side in April are so high!
For me, I am willing to start with a small contract and go every other year, just to get the hubby on board. Then add on, after he gets hooked...lol.

Can someone please briefly explain the changes that have been made to the dessert party since it first opened? We went at the beginning of March last year and enjoyed it immensely-we were first in line and got a table right up front-heaven!! We will be going again in March. I understand that the dessert party itself is now inside and then everyone goes outside for the fireworks. Do you line up to go out? Do they make an announcement? Is the viewing area the same as the original location? Thanks!

Can someone please briefly explain the changes that have been made to the dessert party since it first opened? We went at the beginning of March last year and enjoyed it immensely-we were first in line and got a table right up front-heaven!! We will be going again in March. I understand that the dessert party itself is now inside and then everyone goes outside for the fireworks. Do you line up to go out? Do they make an announcement? Is the viewing area the same as the original location? Thanks!

Check the first page of the thread. Yulilin keeps it very up-to-date. It looks like most of the info is there. Also, not only has the dessert party changed, but the show has too. It's more of a projection show versus fireworks. We did March and July of last year, so we have experienced both shows and dessert parties.

I would love advice on getting the Star Wars stuff done in one afternoon as well as my fav shows and rides. Am wondering if you would ditch the shows/rides and do the 7 hour tour (but looks like this starts at 12:30?) or stick with what I have. This is my touring plan - used the app to tweak. Not sure how I feel about it and I'm not an expert.

I am spending the morning in MK and will use the express bus to jump to HS hopefully by 12:30. Looks like the bus departs on the 20/40. I'm in the parks on Friday, June 9 which is a level 8 crowd day.

1:30 Great Movie Ride (only because I've never done this and skipped it every time we've gone...also kids haven't done...another note...the express bus drops all the way back at RnR Courtyard)
2:30 A Galaxy Far, Far Away
3:00 March of the First Order
3:20 FP TSMM
4:00 Indiana Jones
4:30 Star Tours
5:00 Path of the Jedi
4:55 FP Tower of Terror
5:30 FP RnR
Time? Galactic Dessert Party (my plan is to meet Chewy and Kylo Ren? during the party but I do have a Disney Visa I could use another time in the day to knock out one??)

So....can't decide on whether to do the 7 hour tour (which would add Jedi Training - I have two 8 years olds - but they've done this at DL and fought Vader) or to stick to my plan. Thoughts on realistic expectations? Yes no breaks or food in there. Hopefully grab on the run and eat during shows. I only have 1 day in the parks pre-DCL. Is it too insane or doable?

1:30 Great Movie Ride (only because I've never done this and skipped it every time we've gone...also kids haven't done...another note...the express bus drops all the way back at RnR Courtyard)
2:30 A Galaxy Far, Far Away
3:00 March of the First Order
3:20 FP TSMM
4:00 Indiana Jones
4:30 Star Tours
5:00 Path of the Jedi
4:55 FP Tower of Terror
5:30 FP RnR
Time? Galactic Dessert Party (my plan is to meet Chewy and Kylo Ren? during the party but I do have a Disney Visa I could use another time in the day to knock out one??)

So first thought is, you'll only be able to FP either Toy Story OR Rock N Rollercoaster, not both. The wait could be manageable with the third track open. Also the Path of the Jedi film is a recap of sorts of all the movies so you could probably skip that, unless you want to get off your feet/into AC for a few minutes. The stage show is really in the blazing hot sun so I'm not sure how you'll feel about that around that time. If it were me, I would start with a RNR FP (maybe make it where you'd make it there halfway through the window) and then ToT fastpass right after. Then work your way back to Star Tours, which you can also FP. You could fit GMR in there as maybe a 4th FP or do standby if the wait time isn't too bad. I think we waited like 20 minutes at 4-4:30ish and it wasn't too bad at all. I just got tired of seeing the intro movie over and over again. That's where the bottleneck seemed to be.

They very reliably start the party a little early so you can find a spot and get your food while others are only beginning to walk over. We were able to meet Chewy and Kylo with low waits and disney visa during the party. Once we got done eating we just went into the line and it was short.

So first thought is, you'll only be able to FP either Toy Story OR Rock N Rollercoaster, not both. The wait could be manageable with the third track open. Also the Path of the Jedi film is a recap of sorts of all the movies so you could probably skip that, unless you want to get off your feet/into AC for a few minutes. The stage show is really in the blazing hot sun so I'm not sure how you'll feel about that around that time. If it were me, I would start with a RNR FP (maybe make it where you'd make it there halfway through the window) and then ToT fastpass right after. Then work your way back to Star Tours, which you can also FP. You could fit GMR in there as maybe a 4th FP or do standby if the wait time isn't too bad. I think we waited like 20 minutes at 4-4:30ish and it wasn't too bad at all. I just got tired of seeing the intro movie over and over again. That's where the bottleneck seemed to be.

They very reliably start the party a little early so you can find a spot and get your food while others are only beginning to walk over. We were able to meet Chewy and Kylo with low waits and disney visa during the party. Once we got done eating we just went into the line and it was short.
Thank you! I forgot about the tiers. All good suggestions.

Has anyone had any luck booking the dessert party just a few days before due to cancellations? I've been waffling about booking and now there are no spots for our HS night.

I am debating about whether or not to sign my family up for the Star Wars Guided Tour, if it is still offered in early May. It will be me, DH, DS10, DS7, and grandma. We will only have 2 WDW days on this trip. The first day, we are doing the Ultimate Thrills Tour (which covers MK, Soarin, and DHS thrill rides), which will take up most of the day and we will conclude that day at MK. The second day, my general thought is to do AK in the morning since it has morning EMH and we will not have hit it on our prior day, and then go over to DHS to check out some of the Star Wars shows/ character meet and greets, Galactic Spectacular, etc. I realize that most of the Star Wars stuff could be achieved on our own, but one advantage to the tour would be the ability to do Jedi Training. My older son did it once, three years ago, but my younger son has not done it. Both kids have said they would like to do it if possible; however, it is not absolutely essential. In all likelihood, we will not be back to WDW for at least several years, so this may be their last opportunity to do it while they are the right ages. I understand that for folks that might be interested in the dessert party (which I would be interested in doing), the Tour is a decent value since it includes that and dinner. The extra $ might just be worthwhile to get JTA without having to be at DHS at RD. With the exception of Star Tours and my one son's JTA experience 3 years ago, we have not done the other things on the Tour. But I worry about whether this 7 hour tour will be boring for my boys? I think I read earlier in this thread that it involves a fair amount of standing/walking? I am not so worried about the 7 hours of the Ultimate Thrills Tour, since it will be ride after ride, but the Star Wars Tour concerns me a bit in terms of standing / waiting around, listening to people talk about "interesting facts," etc.

Does anyone have any experiences having kids on the Star Wars Tour? (I think the reviews I have seen have all been adults). Or, if not, can anyone comment on what they observed in terms of other people's kids on the tour? (i.e., did they seem to enjoy it, get bored, etc)?

I would appreciate any thoughts! Thank you!

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in but do we have any information on when Star Wars land will be completed? I've been searching the net and it sounds like 2019-2020 but nothing really concrete. With Avatar supposedly opening this summer, I was curious if that could mean SWL next summer 2018.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask in but do we have any information on when Star Wars land will be completed? I've been searching the net and it sounds like 2019-2020 but nothing really concrete. With Avatar supposedly opening this summer, I was curious if that could mean SWL next summer 2018.
From what I have read, Toy Story Land is first and the guess on that is 2019. I think the guess for SWL is 2020 or maybe later?

From what I have read, Toy Story Land is first and the guess on that is 2019. I think the guess for SWL is 2020 or maybe later?
Well, if thats the case, looks like I will only be visiting with one of my four kids. Three of them will have "aged out" interest wise by then. My two oldest have already said they really don't want to go back at this point anyway. heh

Well, if thats the case, looks like I will only be visiting with one of my four kids. Three of them will have "aged out" interest wise by then. My two oldest have already said they really don't want to go back at this point anyway. heh

Don't worry. They will age back in when they hit 21 ;)

I am debating about whether or not to sign my family up for the Star Wars Guided Tour, if it is still offered in early May. It will be me, DH, DS10, DS7, and grandma. We will only have 2 WDW days on this trip. The first day, we are doing the Ultimate Thrills Tour (which covers MK, Soarin, and DHS thrill rides), which will take up most of the day and we will conclude that day at MK. The second day, my general thought is to do AK in the morning since it has morning EMH and we will not have hit it on our prior day, and then go over to DHS to check out some of the Star Wars shows/ character meet and greets, Galactic Spectacular, etc. I realize that most of the Star Wars stuff could be achieved on our own, but one advantage to the tour would be the ability to do Jedi Training. My older son did it once, three years ago, but my younger son has not done it. Both kids have said they would like to do it if possible; however, it is not absolutely essential. In all likelihood, we will not be back to WDW for at least several years, so this may be their last opportunity to do it while they are the right ages. I understand that for folks that might be interested in the dessert party (which I would be interested in doing), the Tour is a decent value since it includes that and dinner. The extra $ might just be worthwhile to get JTA without having to be at DHS at RD. With the exception of Star Tours and my one son's JTA experience 3 years ago, we have not done the other things on the Tour. But I worry about whether this 7 hour tour will be boring for my boys? I think I read earlier in this thread that it involves a fair amount of standing/walking? I am not so worried about the 7 hours of the Ultimate Thrills Tour, since it will be ride after ride, but the Star Wars Tour concerns me a bit in terms of standing / waiting around, listening to people talk about "interesting facts," etc.

Does anyone have any experiences having kids on the Star Wars Tour? (I think the reviews I have seen have all been adults). Or, if not, can anyone comment on what they observed in terms of other people's kids on the tour? (i.e., did they seem to enjoy it, get bored, etc)?

I would appreciate any thoughts! Thank you!
you know your kids best, so each kid's reaction to this tour might be different, if you and your kids want to do everything SW related at DHS (as I see from your post there are a couple of things you want to do) then it's a good deal.
The standing and waiting is the same standing and waiting you would do to see the 2 centerstage shows and check in for the dessert party and wait for SWaGS.
I know I'm not much help but I know kids that would be completely entertained by this and also kids that would be bored with it

Hi everyone, especially the long time followers of this thread, I am not dead and did not fall of the edge of the Earth, to be completely honest I've not been in the "check the Dis everyday" mood. I continue to check the WDW site for update to calendars and I see the news about SWLand opening in 2019 made it here, thanks @cvjpirate , I can tell you from different vantage view points I have not seen any vertical construction on SWLand but hey, if they say 2019, I'm onboard,

Hi everyone, especially the long time followers of this thread, I am not dead and did not fall of the edge of the Earth, to be completely honest I've not been in the "check the Dis everyday" mood. I continue to check the WDW site for update to calendars and I see the news about SWLand opening in 2019 made it here, thanks @cvjpirate , I can tell you from different vantage view points I have not seen any vertical construction on SWLand but hey, if they say 2019, I'm onboard,
Glad you are well and haven't fallen into space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter