• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm not Yulilin, but I do know the entire staff. I'll pass your thoughts along to Nicole. Thanks for the kind words. The event staff is global, so you may see Nicole at another park.

Thank you so much! Do you work the events, too? Were you there Monday night? If so, you guys were the best!!!!

Thanks for the report. Yes, I imagine the rest of the fireworks didn't go off due to the high wind, there are fireworks through out the show and at the end for the big finally.
For CM recognition please email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and if you have twitter at @WdwToday they are sure to receive he messages, I'm sure @FastPasser will deliver the message right away to Nicole but when you send the message management will get it as well

Thank you for the reply. Bummed the show wasn't what it was supposed to be, but I know it's not their fault. Weather happens. Oh, well. At least we still had fun. I will definitely send in an email for Nicole and the whole crew. Thanks for the email address, and thank you so much for running this thread. It really helped us plan a memorable trip. Gotta sign off now. Epcot today!

Will someone be able to shout from the rooftops (or alert all on this thread) when april reservations open? Although I am having fun stalking the dining site everyday, sometimes I forget:)

If you subscribe to this thread you will get notifications when people post. Usually when things open up for booking we can go pretty easily through a page or two of people saying they booked so you will get a heads up

I'm waiting for May and July. Love these Dessert Parties. This one sounds awesome! I'm doing the Wishes with the Plaza Garden view for the first time. We used to do the Terrace one, but once they stopped assigned seating the value plummeted for us.

The Frozen Dessert Party a few years ago was AWESOME!

Will someone be able to shout from the rooftops (or alert all on this thread) when april reservations open? Although I am having fun stalking the dining site everyday, sometimes I forget:)

You and me both! We're headed down the first week of April and, after seeing it with DD11 last Summer, I really want to be sure to get spots for the whole family this time. Fingers crossed. :)

Hi guys I'm signed up to volunteer during the SW half marathon weekend. I'll be doing the Expo Thursday morning and kid races Saturday morning
Awesome! Volunteers help make the events what they are. Wish I could do darkside.

We are headed down in less than 2 weeks and Jedi training is a big priority for our HS day, which is a Monday. Has anyone recently returned that did Jedi training? I have a PPO breakfast booked at H&V, but since my kids are a bit beyond Disney Jr I'd rather go ahead and cancel if y'all think signing up won't be a problem. Thanks!!

The Duck clearly needs her head examined ... the day has finally arrived to actually go to the dessert party and i can't fall asleep ... in the style of that old commercial "We're too excited to sleep" I think hubby and I are more thrilled to be doing this than the 30 yr B-Day boy is :P

Thanks again for helping me plan this, I'll let you know how the special diet peeps treat me !

The Duck clearly needs her head examined ... the day has finally arrived to actually go to the dessert party and i can't fall asleep ... in the style of that old commercial "We're too excited to sleep" I think hubby and I are more thrilled to be doing this than the 30 yr B-Day boy is :P

Thanks again for helping me plan this, I'll let you know how the special diet peeps treat me !
Have a wonderful day and happy birthday to the birthday boy.

We are getting to share a VIP tour with some friends (we are covering a DVC Grand Villa for 5 nights, they are paying for a VIP tour for the group), and have decided to use part of our time to have 3 of the kids in the group do Jedi Training. We already have spots reserved for the 3 kids who want to do it (the other two kids in our group both refuse to do it.) We are super excited, as this is likely the only way any of these kids will ever get to participate in this. Does a parent stay with the kids the whole time? Or are the kids actually whisked away for some amount of training where parents cannot go? We're trying to plan the best use of our time with our "plaid" while some of the kids learn to be proper Padawans.

We are actually planning to make two trips this year - one for Spring Break, one in the summer. The trip for Spring Break is with friends, some of whom really don't care much about Star Wars. (We don't get it, but we love them anyway!) They are humoring us by letting some of the kids do Jedi Training (see above), and are willing to do Star Tours and Launch Bay. Should we push them to come back either that night or another night for the Star Wars Nighttime Spectacular? Should we get the Dessert Party? Should we wait until June, when we'll be traveling alone and won't have to worry about friends who may be Star Warsed out? (Will it still be running then?) Is it a cool enough show that non Star Wars geeks would still enjoy it?

How loud does it get? We have group members with sensory issues. They can handle Illuminations finally, but prefer most fireworks from a distance. Does the Dessert Party make it significantly easier to see? Also, my mom can't stand for long, and usually has to find benches all the time or have a ECV to handle WDW. Would she be able to find a place to sit, either with or without the dessert party? Or should she just plan on the ECV if she joins us?

We are getting to share a VIP tour with some friends (we are covering a DVC Grand Villa for 5 nights, they are paying for a VIP tour for the group), and have decided to use part of our time to have 3 of the kids in the group do Jedi Training. We already have spots reserved for the 3 kids who want to do it (the other two kids in our group both refuse to do it.) We are super excited, as this is likely the only way any of these kids will ever get to participate in this. Does a parent stay with the kids the whole time? Or are the kids actually whisked away for some amount of training where parents cannot go? We're trying to plan the best use of our time with our "plaid" while some of the kids learn to be proper Padawans.

We are actually planning to make two trips this year - one for Spring Break, one in the summer. The trip for Spring Break is with friends, some of whom really don't care much about Star Wars. (We don't get it, but we love them anyway!) They are humoring us by letting some of the kids do Jedi Training (see above), and are willing to do Star Tours and Launch Bay. Should we push them to come back either that night or another night for the Star Wars Nighttime Spectacular? Should we get the Dessert Party? Should we wait until June, when we'll be traveling alone and won't have to worry about friends who may be Star Warsed out? (Will it still be running then?) Is it a cool enough show that non Star Wars geeks would still enjoy it?

How loud does it get? We have group members with sensory issues. They can handle Illuminations finally, but prefer most fireworks from a distance. Does the Dessert Party make it significantly easier to see? Also, my mom can't stand for long, and usually has to find benches all the time or have a ECV to handle WDW. Would she be able to find a place to sit, either with or without the dessert party? Or should she just plan on the ECV if she joins us?
Jedi Training: at least one person has to stay with the padawans, this person will follow the padawans from where they get their robes (Indiana Jones gift shop) to the JT stage by ST and watch the show, there will be no time when the padawans are out of reach or sight from the adult.
Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular: on the first page, post 11 there's a link to a review from a non SW fan, maybe that can help? The show seems pretty permanent, for now, but with Disney you never know when they will change things.
Fireworks: If they can handle Illuminations they'll handle this one. The dessert party gives you a guaranteed viewing spot without having to wait for an hour or more. No places to sit other than the floor so I would recommend getting a wheelchair. Inside Launch Bay there are some benches but the dessert party itself doesn't offer any seating . For people in wheelchairs they have the first part of the reserved viewing area roped off.

So...along those lines above...would you recommend the dessert party as a way to guarantee a good viewing spot for our youngish children? The only nights we could do this would be Friday or Saturday so it'll be more crowded. I'm worried about the extra cost...but also HATE the idea of standing in a huge crowd for an hour and still having our view blocked. We're a short family. DH and I are not that big on desserts...the kids would love it though.

Hi everyone! I've been off the boards for a while since we did not have a trip planned to WDW since last Jan (we went to Disneyland in August and on a cruise over NYE). But I finally convinced DH after 3 Disney trips in one year to buy into DVC so now we will be back the first week of June! I have a lot to catch up on... We loved the dessert party in Jan. so we will want to do that again in June for sure. I like the idea that it is in Launch Bay now, when we went in Jan it was just at the reserved spot outside. @yulilin3 I hope we can meet up again this time! PS, Happy belated Birthday!

Hi everyone! I've been off the boards for a while since we did not have a trip planned to WDW since last Jan (we went to Disneyland in August and on a cruise over NYE). But I finally convinced DH after 3 Disney trips in one year to buy into DVC so now we will be back the first week of June! I have a lot to catch up on... We loved the dessert party in Jan. so we will want to do that again in June for sure. I like the idea that it is in Launch Bay now, when we went in Jan it was just at the reserved spot outside. @yulilin3 I hope we can meet up again this time! PS, Happy belated Birthday!
thank you!!

So...along those lines above...would you recommend the dessert party as a way to guarantee a good viewing spot for our youngish children? The only nights we could do this would be Friday or Saturday so it'll be more crowded. I'm worried about the extra cost...but also HATE the idea of standing in a huge crowd for an hour and still having our view blocked. We're a short family. DH and I are not that big on desserts...the kids would love it though.
The dessert party guarantees you a spot to view the show, not a guaranteed, blockage free, viewing. There's always a tall person that can be in front of you.Having said that if the wheelchair reserved area is not completely filled they allow kids to go up front. You can also hand back, as everyone tends to move forward leaving the back empty-ish . Page one has reviews from those that have done the dessert party

DVC...how exciting! I've wanted to buy in for many, many years, even before I was married and had kids. Hoping to hook my DH in June as he hasn't been in 35 years! In any case, we will be there first week of June as well, and hope to book the dessert party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter