**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi...what do you guys think?

I think James Corden with Meryl Streep could sing a "Into the Woods" Sondheim reprise, Into the Force:

"It's the laaaaaaaaast Jedi, it's the laaaaaaaaast (k)night. Maybe it's Luuuuke or maybe it's about the Kniiiiights of Ren. I bet they use the Force. Of course they use the Force. Regardless of the Force,.... It's the laaaaaast movie, we'll see Caaaaaarrie in. I couldn't be saaadder thinkin', how I miss that Skywaaaaalker twin."
:lovestruc

We were at the dessert party tonight and had a great time! The projection show was wonderful (lots of sadness during the Leia scenes, though - such a loss!), but was it possible some of the fireworks were not set off tonight due to winds? There were fireworks at the beginning of the show tonight but not any the rest of the show - just smoke, projections, and lasers. Is that how it usually is? Because there were a few times throughout the show where I anticipated more fireworks but I was wrong. We were very happy with the viewing area and the party in general. That frozen nutella thing is awesome! Other favorites from our group were the savories ( especially the sea salt flat bread with red pepper hummus and black bean sriracha dip and the tomato cheese sabers), the cherry pistachio bites, citrus financiers, tiny choc. cake, Vader cupcake, bread pudding, and galactic punch. DH also liked the swamp milk, but I thought it was weird. The watermelon lemonade vodka drink was okay at first but quickly became too sweet. The punch was perfect. The only thing we really, really missed were chairs or stools. Still, if they still have this on our next visit, we'll do it again because it was a fun way to end our day. Oh, yeah, almost forgot. We waited to go out with the storm troopers. That was pretty fun, and we still had a great view of the show. We were fairly close to the troopers on the way over, though. Also, the wheelchair area was not at all full, so they allowed kids 12 and under to move up to that area to see the show. Yulilin, do you know any of the party staff? We loved the CM named Nicole who was working the Nutella station. She was an absolute joy to talk to and our daughter, who does not warm up easily to strangers, adored her. Actually, all of the CMs working the party tonight were some of the best we've encountered so far, but Nicole made a big impression.

Last edited:
We were at the dessert party tonight and had a great time! The projection show was wonderful (lots of sadness during the Leia scenes, though - such a loss!), but was it possible some of the fireworks were not set off tonight due to winds? There were fireworks at the beginning of the show tonight but not any the rest of the show - just smoke, projections, and lasers. Is that how it usually is? Because there were a few times throughout the show where I anticipated more fireworks but I was wrong. We were very happy with the viewing area and the party in general. That frozen nutella thing is awesome! Other favorites from our group were the savories ( especially the sea salt flat bread with red pepper hummus and black bean sriracha dip and the tomato cheese sabers), the cherry pistachio bites, citrus financiers, tiny choc. cake, Vader cupcake, bread pudding, and galactic punch. DH also liked the swamp milk, but I thought it was weird. The watermelon lemonade vodka drink was okay at first but quickly became too sweet. The punch was perfect. The only thing we really, really missed were chairs or stools. Still, if they still have this on our next visit, we'll do it again because it was a fun way to end our day. Oh, yeah, almost forgot. We waited to go out with the storm troopers. That was pretty fun, and we still had a great view of the show. We were fairly close to the troopers on the way over, though. Also, the wheelchair area was not at all full, so they allowed kids 12 and under to move up to that area to see the show. Yulin, do you know any of the party staff? We loved the CM named Nicole who was working the Nutella station. She was an absolute joy to talk to and our daughter, who does not warm up easily to strangers, adored her. Actually, all of the CMs working the party tonight were some of the best we've encountered so far, but Nicole made a big impression.
Thanks for the report. Yes, I imagine the rest of the fireworks didn't go off due to the high wind, there are fireworks through out the show and at the end for the big finally.
For CM recognition please email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and if you have twitter at @WdwToday they are sure to receive he messages, I'm sure @FastPasser will deliver the message right away to Nicole but when you send the message management will get it as well

just booked our dessert party for feb 4th! i do wish there was a non-drinking adult ticket option. i'm pregnant so i couldn't drink even if i wanted to.

anyway, we're still looking forward to it!

just booked our dessert party for feb 4th! i do wish there was a non-drinking adult ticket option. i'm pregnant so i couldn't drink even if i wanted to.

anyway, we're still looking forward to it!

Me too!! I don't want to pay for this when I'm not using it. Oh well. Still happy this is offered. :)

It's still $10 cheaper than the Wishes dessert party, which does not include alcohol. The standing room only Wishes party is $10 cheaper than Star Wars and doesn't include alcohol either. So, I think comparatively, the Star Wars price is a pretty good value, even if you ignore the alcohol.

It's still $10 cheaper than the Wishes dessert party, which does not include alcohol. The standing room only Wishes party is $10 cheaper than Star Wars and doesn't include alcohol either. So, I think comparatively, the Star Wars price is a pretty good value, even if you ignore the alcohol.

Good point!

Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi...what do you guys think?

I found the title interesting. But my dh was not happy. He's such a fan of noncannon books. He said it's difficult to change his mind set from all he's read. While he loved Episode VII, he couldn't help but think no, that's wrong about things, especially characters and their story.

Will someone be able to shout from the rooftops (or alert all on this thread) when april reservations open? Although I am having fun stalking the dining site everyday, sometimes I forget:)

Will someone be able to shout from the rooftops (or alert all on this thread) when april reservations open? Although I am having fun stalking the dining site everyday, sometimes I forget:)
If you subscribe to this thread you will get notifications when people post. Usually when things open up for booking we can go pretty easily through a page or two of people saying they booked so you will get a heads up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter