Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Which months has rates that low for RP?
I know September is not in that group
My sister booked the Royal Pacific for a September Sunday to Friday stay at $259 per night a month or two ago (Savvy Traveler rate). That rate for that week (last in September) disappeared but I did briefly see the same rate for 5 nights earlier in September. I don’t know if it is still available.

Booked @ RPH at the ghastly "standard" rates for July ; needed 3 rooms so I called (instead of just on-line booking), as I also wanted to get the rooms as close to each other as possible. Booked 2 King Suites at $755.66 each, and one Standard King room at $622.23 (all pre-taxes). I asked about AAA and APH rates and was told none exist (well, there was an AAA rate for our dates BUT we needed to stay 5 nights instead of 3, so it's probably similar to the Stay More Play More & Savvy traveler rates). That said - the person assisting me on the call said she would designate each room as "APH Rate" just in case such a rate came through. I wasn't aware they could do that... and probably won't bank on it and still keep my eyes open in case an APH rate appears (because it might appear only for different room type, etc.) - but hey, I'll take every little bit of help I can get. May be worth it to make a call.
Update... just booked AP rate for a 2BR suite @ RPH for same dates. I'll call tomorrow to see if those "AP rates" were ever applied to the other rooms, but doubt it, lol - in which case I'll cancel those.
But hey, who knows. Worth a shot. I will say, however, that before these AP rates emerged, I had noticed a few weeks ago all the King Suite rooms at RPH were booked / gone. ANd now it seems I just took the last 2BR suite (or danr close to it, because those aren't showing up on the website now either). Let's face it, they aren't gonna put an AP rate on a sold out room, lol, so I'm glad I grabbed the 2BR when I did. Checked other resorts but room configurations at HRH just don't quite work for our group, and while PFB is lovely (saw some decent AP rates there; could have gotten 2 king rooms and a 2Q and perhaps *made* it work for us, albeit cramped), but we prefer the proximity of RPH to IOA and City walk over PFB, and now, with just 1 room, I only need to purchase 1 AP. For a group of 8 people at the 2 parks for 3 days, buying the unlimited express park-to-park passes would cost $4800 alone. So we are about breaking even now vs (a cheaper resort / buying UExP passes) but with the added benefit of being onsite, within easy walking distance to parks and City Walk, and enough space for all (wish we had 1 more bathroom, but oh well!)

NEW AP RATE: (for same mid July '22 dates)
RPH 2BR Hospitality Suite (w/ K and 2Q water view rooms; 7 adults 1 child) $1703.11 each for Fri/Sat nights, and $1441.99 for Sun night.
Total $4848.21 (plus all those lovely taxes)

Prior Rates: RPH 1 King Suite (3 adults) @ $824 (Fri, Sat) and $754 (Sun)
RPH 1 King Suite (2 adults 1 child) @ $779 (Fri, Sat) and $709 (Sun)
RPH 1 Std King (2 Adults) @ $623 per nt, for just 2 nights.
TOTAL: $5915 (plus alllll those lovely taxes) (so yeah, if this works out, should save me over $1100, not including small extra cost of AP ticket.)

Last edited:
Would anyone know if I can transfer a room I booked to a friend? Traveling down as 2 families (both APH) and we both booked a certain week well plans changed and we need to move it up a week. I grabbed an AP rate at HRH after refreshing for a day but I haven't seen another one for her. We are open to staying at PBH if the right rate pops up but she wants HRH. So my question is if I find and book another room can I transfer my room to her family?Thanks

Suggest you call and ask if you can change the name on the reservation to your friend’s name and her billing information

If that is not allowed, ask the TM if you can discuss this with the supervisor.

Yesterday in my daily check for AP rates, I finally snagged a standard room at CBBR for May. I had previously gotten a poolview AP room, but saved $10/night modifying to std. That room type is gone again today, which is why I check every morning.

Since DH has booked 4 scuba trips this year, I decided to renew my AP, and will be there in August and December at least. So the hunt for AP rates continues!

Yesterday in my daily check for AP rates, I finally snagged a standard room at CBBR for May. I had previously gotten a poolview AP room, but saved $10/night modifying to std. That room type is gone again today, which is why I check every morning.

Since DH has booked 4 scuba trips this year, I decided to renew my AP, and will be there in August and December at least. So the hunt for AP rates continues!
What time do you search for AP rates?

I only search once a day, in my morning tasks - check my checking account to see what has cleared, check credit card to see what has charged, check reservation room rates, check rental car rates, check SW flights...

IS the website not working for checking hotel rates at all for anyone else? its so freaking frustrating.

I'm not having any issues on my computer
Wow that makes it even more frustrating LOL. I tried Chrome and Edge. Red banner keeps popping up saying Sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again or call our Guest Contact Center at (877) 801-9720."

Wow that makes it even more frustrating LOL. I tried Chrome and Edge. Red banner keeps popping up saying Sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again or call our Guest Contact Center at (877) 801-9720."
What dates?

Im trying to look for AP rates for 7/12-7/13 or even just regular rates, then also was trying a package for that time. :sad2:

Need more info, which hotel? I'm in with the beast!

EDIT to add

Never mind. I'm not seeing any AP discounts for your dates. I started at the top and worked my way down. No AP discounts. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter