Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Mod Mac said it best in one of the stickies here:

“This is a very friendly forum and everyone is very welcomed to join in.

The basic rule is we all play nice.”

Please, do not dream of DIS ;) respecting the management by :stir::sad2:, as they kindly afford us a place to dwell & share our love of the parks.:thanks:

This thread is specifically intended to be a home for general discussion pertaining to rates & availability at the onsite Universal resorts and, all that entails.

Whether you have a specific question, musings to share or just need general encouragement while you wait for a good rate to drop, this is your place to hang out.
E9E0E3DA-1219-4583-B0AB-8A72F61492F0.jpeg

It is meant to supplement the “2022 Date & Rate Thread” sticky, that is specifically designed not as a conversational thread, only dates/rates are noted there. Please, continue to share your rate information for inclusion there:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...date-rate-thread.3865267/page-2#post-63672366

Thank you. Quick question can we get the annual pass holder link added to the post. It’s nice to have a easy way of looking it up

Just to put it out there while it will still appear near the top:

APH rates are currently out through April 8, 2022.

Click here and enter your dates and party size to search for APH rates: https://reservations.universalorlando.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&nights=1&adults=2&promo=APH

My personal recommendation is to run the search once, and then bookmark your results page. Then all you have to do to re-run the search is click on that bookmarked link... a few dozen times a day, if you're obsessive like me. ;)

Last edited:

Hi,

HELP!
I saw this in another thread that is now closed:
"Going forward, all conversations regarding hotel rates are to be posted in the
Official On-site 2022 Rate Discussion Thread Sticky"

I don't know what a STICKY is! How do I find it? Thanks!!

Dont know if they will throw it into the AP Rate bucket, but I just cancelled a 2 Queen Garden view at PBH for 3/1/22-3/5/22
Originally had it booked with the savy traveler discount, but was able to change my dates by one day and get a steal at HRH for 3/2/22 - 3/6/22, saved $475 with the AP rate

Just to put it out there while it will still appear near the top:

APH rates are currently out through April 8, 2022.

Click here and enter your dates and party size to search for APH rates: https://reservations.universalorlando.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&nights=1&adults=2&promo=APH

My personal recommendation is to run the search once, and then bookmark your results page. Then all you have to do to re-run the search is click on that bookmarked link... a few dozen times a day, if you're obsessive like me. ;)

Are they releasing them on a rolling basis? wasnt it only through March 8th or so the day they finally released AP rates?

What was the old AP rate for a Saturday in March in years past at RP. $415 is the cheapest I’ve found. That seems so high but I’m used to mid-week AP rates.

What was the old AP rate for a Saturday in March in years past at RP. $415 is the cheapest I’ve found. That seems so high but I’m used to mid-week AP rates.

Closest I can quote you is what we paid in April 2018, which was a water view 2 queen room at RPR for $249/night at the APH rate for a Saturday and Sunday.

There's no denying that the onsite rates have skyrocketed, across the board, for 2022. For example, the APH rate for a Hard Rock standard room over President's Day week in February 2018 was $304/night. This year, they're not offering any APH rates at Hard Rock for standard rooms for that week (at least, not that I've seen, checking 5+ times daily since the rates were extended), and rack rate for the same room is currently $624/weeknight and $644/weekend. Even if they offered an APH rate of 30% off, the average nightly price would be $430 -- a 40% price increase from 4 years ago for the same room, hotel, dates, and rate.

Last edited:
Are they releasing them on a rolling basis? wasnt it only through March 8th or so the day they finally released AP rates?

They released APH room rates from February 18th through April 8th when the last batch came out. I believe it was around January 13th that they last extended them -- a day or so before this thread was started.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter