Official October Code Watch

:mad: I posted about the FEY code earlier and what my experience was like this morning. Here is what I found on the mouse"saving" website:

Florida Resident Room-Only Discounts

Check-in dates: 9/30/07-12/23/07. Very limited availability for many dates; some blackout dates apply. Book by 12/23/07. Use code FEY (FEF for online booking).

Sample rates for Value season:

Value resorts: $59 plus tax Standard view
Moderate resorts: $105 plus tax Standard view
Animal Kingdom Lodge: $145 plus tax Standard view
Other resorts and room types are available
Sample rates for Regular season:

Value resorts: $79 plus tax Standard view
Moderate resorts: $124 plus tax Standard view
Animal Kingdom Lodge: $185 plus tax Standard view
Other resorts and room types are available
Rates for Holiday season dates (12/19/07 and later) are calculated on a day-by-day basis.

I am on hold with WDW again just to double check. They took my call after only on hold for a minute! The CM is SUPER surprised that my AAA rate is the same as the FL resi code rate. She is checking with guest relations and has me on hold.

update:
The CM I spoke to believes that I should be getting $23 off the standard room rate. She was on hold with GR, while putting me on hold. Super nice CM. She took my phone number and said she would call me back with the info because she didn't want to keep me on hold for so long. How nice is that? Let's see if any of that famous MAGIC can come my way! hehe :wizard:

Rats. I just called again and there was nothing at WL. I spoke with an AWESOME CM though...Marion was her name and she was just so sugar sweet and nice. Just talking to her on the phone was a little sprinkle of pixie dust on my day!

:tinker:

Based on what I've read here and other places, the codes were working out to about 30% off room rates. Based on that, I did the math on the ressie I have right now (40% off room rate) and switching to a package would have only saved me $16.06. The real benefit would have been the convenience of not having to carry cash to pay for meals. We've budgeted $50 per person per day for a total of $600, so the dining plan would have saved us $210, but we would have lost $194 on the room discount...hence the mere $16 savings.

I wasn't going to be one to turn down saving money, no matter how little, so I thought I would check, but in the end I guess it just wasn't meant to be for us to be on the dining plan. :confused3

Help with this Florida Room Only Rate please! CM said that the only room that would apply to me would be a suite. Call back or am I stuck?

Well, after holding for about 45 minutes :rolleyes:, I finally got through and - Hooray! :woohoo: I was able to switch from SSR (which I just wasn't jazzed about :confused3) to AKL ~ Savannah view (which is what I really wanted, but couldn't get yesterday! :banana:). With the AP discount, I saved about $800 off rack rates. Then I made my ADRs and got everything I wanted (except 'Ohana on MNSSHP night, but that's OK) :cheer2: Can you tell I'm excited!?!

Hang in there folks. There may be hope yet! :wizard:

Get this... I received SIX confirmations for the same reservations and they ALL same the same thing. But not one of them mentions the dining card.
Let me know what your DH finds out.
Thanks
Kris

Okay DH finally got through and guess what? The dining card deal was NOT on our ressies. Not sure if it is suppose to be on the written confirmation but it's a good thing he called. We used the code and all but apparently the CM I booked with yesterday did not put it on. This one said she would but I think we may call again when things slow down a bit to make sure.
Has anyone had it showing on their confirmation email?

Ok so here's my ordeal so far:

8:50-9:16 was on hold, got through, told system was down
9:20-930 was on hold, got cut off by system straight to survey
9:40-10:12 was on hold, got through, told no availability where I wanted try back later today or in a few days
12:30-12:38 was on hold, got through, told the system was "updating to add more rooms" and to call back later today.

This is all for the ZQH code for the Oct 21-28 time period.

Hi guys, I have been gone for 8 days, and am swamped with work, so I don't have time to check all the pages since I left. I am looking for something for my friends to join us for F&W Festival, the 13th-21st. An Epcot resort preferably, since we are at BWV. They do not have a Disney Visa but could buy an AP if necessary. Can anyone summarize for me if they might have any discount options, AP or general public codes???

Thanks!

I just tried and got right through, but was also told they were updating the system right now (which probably means the system crashed, b/c I seriously doubt they would run updates in the middle of the day) - he said call back in a couple of hours. :rolleyes1

Help me decide. I could save slightly less than $200 if I switch from OKW Studio (on rented points so no discount there) to ASMusic. Would you do it? I'm learning toward not changing, but $200 is $200. Please give me your advice.

Ok so here's my ordeal so far:

8:50-9:16 was on hold, got through, told system was down
9:20-930 was on hold, got cut off by system straight to survey
9:40-10:12 was on hold, got through, told no availability where I wanted try back later today or in a few days
12:30-12:38 was on hold, got through, told the system was "updating to add more rooms" and to call back later today.

This is all for the ZQH code for the Oct 21-28 time period.

Thank you, this gives me hope to try later.

Thank you, this gives me hope to try later.

As an update I just tried now (1:00pm) and was now also able to get SSR in a 1-Bedroom or Studio with the code but I'm not looking for that kind of thing, still it's tempting the studio was only $300 more then my current POR reservation.

Talked with CRO... FEY code is correct. There was some talk that it might have not been entered into their computer systems correctly. It is just odd that the time I am going comes out as the same rate as AAA. The CRO's I have talked to have said they have NEVER heard of this. The only way I can get the cheaper rate difference is to have had a booking in value season.

So if using FEY a value resort in reg season using FEY it is $84/night plus tax.
If booking room in value season it is $64/plus tax.

I really am sad that this FL code is not nearly as good as what it has been in the past. I guess I am staying at POP with my AAA and that is that.

At least I am going to WDW!

But I am not giving up total hope....

the codes almost drove me nuts!!!
I had booked me a golf game for today with a friend before I noticed that I was supposed to be at home and checking the codes. (my timezone is +7 hours to Eastern timezone). So I didn't have any other choice than teach my hubby how to check Disboards and/or Mousesavers to find a code, where to call and what to ask Disney to do for our reservation. It took me 30mins to get him understand what this is all about. :eek: Luckily I had already asked him days before if he wants to have moderate instead of value resort if the price is almost the same.

so well I went to golfing and my DH was taking care of the codes. He managed to find the codes (eventhough they weren't released right away in the morning and he have to check every now and then) and called to Disney.
they offered him ASMu with the code (originally we had ASMo 653,33$), we would have saved 200$. He asked if there was something in the moderates, but the CM said "no". Luckily he didn't take the ASMu and after I came home I decided to call Disney again.
what a surprise! with a help of the very friendly CM I got POR 31thOct - 4th Nov without dining, 1day MYW tickets (2A + 1C) 651,33$ :banana:

I am soooo happy. Plus we actually saved 2$ :lmao:

I asked first if POFQ had something available but nothing there. Well POR is surely a great choice as well.:goodvibes

No discounts for the BW concierge 10/23-10/30. I asked for the Visa code and the public code, and the CM also checked about 8 other codes to see if anything applied. Nada. Rack rate it is, but I'm still going to Disney! :thumbsup2

I just got off the phone with a CM. We saved $540 on our 6 night stay at Pop (with MYW PH with dining) by switching from preferred to standard. I figure $540 is worth a little extra walking.

I gave her code ZGH and at first she said there wasn't anything for Pop, but when checking other resorts she found this offer at Pop. Now that's a great start to the day!

What are your dates at POP? I was told nothing was available for my dates at POP! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter