***Official November 2022 Thread***

When they announced all of the price increases last week we cancelled our MK dessert party and Boma breakfast. We had to cut something out to justify it all. Every time I turned around something was going up or being cut. $2-5 here and there adds up.

I cut out purchasing Rise and Guardians. I'm "warning" my kids that these rides just might not happen. We also cut out an ADR for lunch and will do QS instead. I'm such a fanatic, but for the first time I'm actually quite angry about all these increases/dynamic pricing structures. When I saw Rise (or maybe it was Genie+) at $22 over the weekend my heart sank.
This is exactly where I'm at as well. We haven't cut any yet, but once we tell the kids about the trip and get their lists of "must dos" we will likely cut the meals not on those lists, or at least reevaluate. It's a huge bummer to me because I don't know when/if we will be back, but for six people it adds up so fast!

I'm going that week as well and was hoping the same thing...maybe a few "slow" days between Jersey week and Thanksgiving week...🤞
Touring plans has our AK day at a 3 and our first MK day at a 3 (party day) but the rest are around 6. Still I will take even a 6 over a 9! Obviously it gets increased the weekend right before Thanksgiving week.

Touring plans has our AK day at a 3 and our first MK day at a 3 (party day) but the rest are around 6. Still I will take even a 6 over a 9! Obviously it gets increased the weekend right before Thanksgiving week.
We must be going to AK on the same day 😂

The first time I ever did Jersey Week people on this board had me in my head thinking it was going to be downright awful. We went and yes it was busier than our usual August trips but completely doable with a plan and avoiding Epcot on weekends.

This time around people have me nervous again but I'm trying to keep a positive mindset and know that however busy it is we will have a good time.

I also just found out one of my coworkers will also be there that week.

The first time I ever did Jersey Week people on this board had me in my head thinking it was going to be downright awful. We went and yes it was busier than our usual August trips but completely doable with a plan and avoiding Epcot on weekends.

This time around people have me nervous again but I'm trying to keep a positive mindset and know that however busy it is we will have a good time.

I also just found out one of my coworkers will also be there that week.
We have been going yearly for Jersey Week since 2016. It's crowded, but I have known nothing else. It is much more crowded when it combines with Veteran's Day Weekend which is what is happening this year. I haven't tracked how many times that has happened since 2016, but I feel the crowds more when it happens. Also, back in the day, they used to film the Christmas Parade/Stage Shows during Jersey Week - was cool to see - but it always affected show times and parades. Is the taping not a thing anymore???

We have been going yearly for Jersey Week since 2016. It's crowded, but I have known nothing else. It is much more crowded when it combines with Veteran's Day Weekend which is what is happening this year. I haven't tracked how many times that has happened since 2016, but I feel the crowds more when it happens. Also, back in the day, they used to film the Christmas Parade/Stage Shows during Jersey Week - was cool to see - but it always affected show times and parades. Is the taping not a thing anymore???

When we were there in 2018 Veteran's Day was the Sunday after AND it was the last weekend of food and wine. Epcot was a complete nightmare that final weekend. We went to have lunch at Via Napoli that Saturday and left because I felt unsafe. The crowds were insane. I felt I was going to be crushed. Other than that I didn't think Disney was as crazy as everyone on the boards made it seem. We also avoid the parks midday so that could be why. We either do midday breaks or start in the afternoon.

We ran into the Christmas show taping in MK. I don't remember it messing with show times and parades but it may just not affected our plans.

We ran into the Christmas show taping in MK. I don't remember it messing with show times and parades but it may just not affected our plans.
I read from somewhere that they don't have the large Christmas tree set up at Main St until the Christmas show taping is done because it get's in the way of filming. Is that true?

When we were there in 2018 Veteran's Day was the Sunday after AND it was the last weekend of food and wine. Epcot was a complete nightmare that final weekend. We went to have lunch at Via Napoli that Saturday and left because I felt unsafe. The crowds were insane. I felt I was going to be crushed. Other than that I didn't think Disney was as crazy as everyone on the boards made it seem. We also avoid the parks midday so that could be why. We either do midday breaks or start in the afternoon.

Bringing back many memories. Our first ever trip was 2016 and the taping was going on while we were there. We had a 3 year old and 5 year old and only planned two park days for Magic Kingdom. Many of the "non ride" attractions,shows, parades, etc. were not being held or were pushed until way later in the day. I was so upset b/c I had planned out the itinerary so "perfectly." I reached out to a Cast Member to express my disappointment and ended up with three extra fast passes per person per day. That's when I realized the wonderful customer service Disney has (usually!).

I read from somewhere that they don't have the large Christmas tree set up at Main St until the Christmas show taping is done because it get's in the way of filming. Is that true?

I feel like the tree was up already but I could be wrong. It was a while ago.

I went back and looked at my photos. The tree was up November 3 and the taping was November 7-11.

Our trip starts 11/4, and I’m kind of disappointed that Fantasmic will be starting then. I’m not interested in the show, but I had planned on enjoying DHS in the evening with less crowds before closing. I guess I can only hope that everyone hopping there is there for Fantasmic and the crowds in the lands are not terrible.
I feel the same way and now I'm torn on hopping away from HS that evening or seeing what ride times look like. I only have one other HS day and it's the 4th. I'd like to see the show but also don't want to fight for it.

Hi everyone! Officially on the 20-day countdown myself and starting to get antsy! Is there a current list somewhere of what rides are paid LL and which are Genie=? The app just seems to be just a series of links on links on links ... I just want a list!

We only have one park per day because we are doing the cruise too, so I just want to make sure I'm prepared at that 7 a.m. time when I can book the priorities! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter