***Official November 2022 Thread***

Very happy this will be open in time for our trip 11/13-11/19, but, I wish they'd stop teasing us - first it was the month, now the date...how about giving us the time?!? Ugh..

What time would you suggest we leave HS to make it to a 7:15 pm Biergarten reservation? We would walk/boat/skyliner - whatever is "quickest."
It will take you approximately ten minutes to walk from the International Gateway to Biergarten. We did this walk in March and that is how long it took. The boat from HS to International Gateway will take 30 minutes of traveling time. Then you would need to add whatever time you would spend waiting for the boat to arrive and load. The Skyliner runs continuously, and it would take approximately 20 minutes or so travel time. The walk from HS to International Gateway is 30 minutes. So, you need at least 45 minutes for whatever travel method you take. :)

I would probably take the Skyliner because it is more fun than the boat or walking. :)

It will take you approximately ten minutes to walk from the International Gateway to Biergarten. We did this walk in March and that is how long it took. The boat from HS to International Gateway will take 30 minutes of traveling time. Then you would need to add whatever time you would spend waiting for the boat to arrive and load. The Skyliner runs continuously, and it would take approximately 20 minutes or so travel time. The walk from HS to International Gateway is 30 minutes. So, you need at least 45 minutes for whatever travel method you take. :)

I would probably take the Skyliner because it is more fun than the boat or walking. :)
Thank you! So many decisions to make on this one day - 20 days to go!

14 days out! (My ticker is acting up. It shows me 15 days) Getting so excited.

We are in South Jersey (about 20 minutes from Philly airport) and the Phillies are in the NLCS. IF they go to the World Series I will be in Disney for the last few games (if it goes past 5 games) AND IF they win I would be in Disney for the parade. AHHHHHHH! I asked DD if we could move our dates if that happens and she laughed at me. I was only half kidding. :rotfl: We always take either our Eagles or Phillies shirts when we go to Disney but this time it'll be a little bit more special if it goes our way.

14 days out! (My ticker is acting up. It shows me 15 days) Getting so excited.

We are in South Jersey (about 20 minutes from Philly airport) and the Phillies are in the NLCS. IF they go to the World Series I will be in Disney for the last few games (if it goes past 5 games) AND IF they win I would be in Disney for the parade. AHHHHHHH! I asked DD if we could move our dates if that happens and she laughed at me. I was only half kidding. :rotfl: We always take either our Eagles or Phillies shirts when we go to Disney but this time it'll be a little bit more special if it goes our way.
A true Philly fan would never acknowledge any of that out loud. You're going to jinx them!!!!!

Throw some salt over your shoulder or sing a couple verses of High Hopes or something!

I believe I now spot two other NJers..... I'm curious how many of us are doing the Jersey Week trip from Jersey. I'm trying so hard to get on a one hour earlier flight down to Orlando, but the price difference right now is over $500 per ticket! And now we found out our son's football playoff game is the Sunday morning we are flying back, so DH and son are trying to get on an earlier flight but there are NO SEATS. It's a crazy day to be flying from MCO to EWR!

I believe I now spot two other NJers..... I'm curious how many of us are doing the Jersey Week trip from Jersey. I'm trying so hard to get on a one hour earlier flight down to Orlando, but the price difference right now is over $500 per ticket! And now we found out our son's football playoff game is the Sunday morning we are flying back, so DH and son are trying to get on an earlier flight but there are NO SEATS. It's a crazy day to be flying from MCO to EWR!

Good luck on your travel itineraries!

Your post makes me think that Sunday 11/13 at MCO will be crazy. Good to consider. I think last March on a Sunday return it took us 45 minutes to go thru security. We don't have TSA precheck (waiting to get a Global Entry appt and then I'll get both GE and TSA-Pre).

Your post makes me think that Sunday 11/13 at MCO will be crazy. Good to consider. I think last March on a Sunday return it took us 45 minutes to go thru security. We don't have TSA precheck (waiting to get a Global Entry appt and then I'll get both GE and TSA-Pre).
It might be! But honestly, it's always busy! I just added TSA Pre-Check to my Clear account so I can finally join my husband/kids. Hopefully that helps!

I always see people I know when I go to Disney, no matter the time of year, but Jersey Week I usually see 2-3 people I know. I went to see my doctor last week (I also work in the same building as her) and we started talking Disney and she will be there the same week as me and at the same resort. Small world.

Last Jersey Week we did Friday to Sunday but this year I'm doing 11/3-11/12 (Thursday to Saturday) with evening flights both times so DD can go to school 11/3. I wanted to avoid the zero dark thirty 6 am flight and have a fresh start Friday and come home Saturday night and have Sunday to relax before school Monday. We bought our flights months ago when they were in the $300 range. They are insane right now.

Last edited:

Last time we did Jersey Week we had a 10 pm flight home and the airport was fine that Sunday. It may be crazy earlier in the day. I'm hoping our 10:30 pm flight that Saturday isn't too crazy.

Jersey week here too!

But I’ll be 8-13 split with universal, we only get Thursday Friday off, so leaving after school Tuesday and DD will miss half day on Wednesday.

Yup, Jersey Week here, although it's mostly for a cruise on the Wish. We'll just be doing one park day on my girls' actual birthday.

I was bummed by how high SW prices were on opening day but they just keep climbing! I also added my CPs to the reservation much earlier than I was expecting because WGAs were selling out early on the direct flights. Glad we booked when we did (and haven't had to make changes)!

Jersey week here too!

But I’ll be 8-13 split with universal, we only get Thursday Friday off, so leaving after school Tuesday and DD will miss half day on Wednesday.

Our school always closes for election day and this is the first year they made it a half day along with Monday and Wednesday which end up being parent/teacher conference afternoons. They do nothing those half days so I do the Friday before to get a head start before more of the crowds show up. So she'll be missing 4 days but it's between marking periods too. The marking period ends 11/4 so they really won't be doing much of anything. I offered DD to change the dates but she said she would be fine. She already told two teachers and they are big Disney fans and encouraged her trip.

IMO they should just close the whole week and they probably will once DD graduates and I don't have to deal with the school system anymore. :rolleyes:

Jersey week here too!

We are seriously twins on this trip. We have the same exact plans. We should each wear something and try to spot each other secretly, ha.

we’ll be there for jersey week as well but we’re from Ohio. Leaving mid-day on 11/4 and staying till 11/16. Hoping it won’t be to packed, I think we’ve gone around this time before it wasn’t horrible but this year crowds seem pretty bad.

My dad and sister are excited fantasmic has returned. My sis made a reservation at mama melrosas for our second Hollywood studios day. With the price increases though I’m a little worried our budget won’t be able to handle the extra $200 cost but I guess some quick serve meals could be split between 2 people. Oh my son who lives in sweatpants and althletic shorts told me he has no jeans or shorts so we had to get him some clothes for the trip.

15 days…a little stressed…

we’ll be there for jersey week as well but we’re from Ohio. Leaving mid-day on 11/4 and staying till 11/16. Hoping it won’t be to packed, I think we’ve gone around this time before it wasn’t horrible but this year crowds seem pretty bad.

My dad and sister are excited fantasmic has returned. My sis made a reservation at mama melrosas for our second Hollywood studios day. With the price increases though I’m a little worried our budget won’t be able to handle the extra $200 cost but I guess some quick serve meals could be split between 2 people. Oh my son who lives in sweatpants and althletic shorts told me he has no jeans or shorts so we had to get him some clothes for the trip.

15 days…a little stressed…

When they announced all of the price increases last week we cancelled our MK dessert party and Boma breakfast. We had to cut something out to justify it all. Every time I turned around something was going up or being cut. $2-5 here and there adds up.

When they announced all of the price increases last week we cancelled our MK dessert party and Boma breakfast. We had to cut something out to justify it all. Every time I turned around something was going up or being cut. $2-5 here and there adds up.
I cut out purchasing Rise and Guardians. I'm "warning" my kids that these rides just might not happen. We also cut out an ADR for lunch and will do QS instead. I'm such a fanatic, but for the first time I'm actually quite angry about all these increases/dynamic pricing structures. When I saw Rise (or maybe it was Genie+) at $22 over the weekend my heart sank.

I cut out purchasing Rise and Guardians. I'm "warning" my kids that these rides just might not happen. We also cut out an ADR for lunch and will do QS instead. I'm such a fanatic, but for the first time I'm actually quite angry about all these increases/dynamic pricing structures. When I saw Rise (or maybe it was Genie+) at $22 over the weekend my heart sank.

I had planned to buy Rise at least twice (maybe 3 times) but I'm down to only once. We have 9 days so we can try at the end of the day or RD. I think DD may talk me into buying it a second time for departure day. We better get a BG or two for Guardians too. I would prefer not to buy it at all but will get it once if we have to. We haven't been since 2018 so these are all new to us. We have G+ added onto our tickets so that's been paid for already.

Boma went up from $29 to $35 a person. That's a lot for a non character buffet. We will just do our usual breakfast in the room that day and save over $80. Plus the Uber to get to AKL. And cutting out the dessert part saved $200. This way I can justify the ILL price increase and everything else increasing. Disney is getting my money but I'm not going to keep adding to the budget for the price increases. We will just cut things out to compensate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter