Official Notice Concerning New Annual Passes

It was not a rumor about AAA, but a fact that they were and are selling these tickets. As far as their website on Fl Resident Tkts, yes, they state rules on who can purchase a Fl Resident Tkt. However, they are still selling these 15 month passes to any member, resident or not, thru the AAA South offices. You do not need to be a resident thru AAA. If you are going to purchase from Disney, yes, you must be a resident. I have a sinking feeling, eventually Disney will meet the non-resident offer as well. Looks like the CM at Marketing & Research I spoke to on Saturday was right.. she did say to wait and see :goodvibes and that was what I tried to state all along... :thumbsup2 I am glad it turned out this way.. seems as long as you are a member of AAA you will get your 15 months.. or a Fl Resident...:goodvibes These are not rumors.. and AAA was never a rumor, just that some did not feel it was completely true since they had not rec'd a hard copy notice...

It changed again.

Do you have to get a 10 day pass? If not, you can just purchase an AP from AAA South... then you would get your 3 months free :goodvibes

They finally dropped the misinformation.

This offer is for Florida Residents only.

I have play 4 days p/h vouchers from aasouth. We plan on being in the world from 12/16-12/20. B/c DS' bday is 12/19-the first day of blackout-i had planned to upgrade after the trip to seasonal AP's. i am tempted to go for AP now esp since next yr 12/19 is blackout as well but $ is tight.

1. can I still take advantage of extra 3 mos by using AAA pass during trip and then "upgrading" to seasonal AP after trip?

2. Is it better value b/c of DS' bday to forego something at this trip in order to get reg FL AP? (we don't go in summer, it's just b/c of DS birthday)

I think I need to see these answers b4 I figure out next move.

I have paid off my pkg already, I had to get a min one day park pass anyway and I don't have a car to get to a AAA office and it seems like way too much work for the difference of two weeks!

I would have only booked my bounceback for the same two weeks next year. I guess I will be going two weeks earlier-not a huge deal.

The current value of an adult Play-4 Hopper is $190 (plus tax). A Resident AP is $369 and a SP is $249.

There is one problem with upgrading to a SP on a blockout date; that is if you have entered a Park on that day you cannot do the upgrade that day. If you have not entered a Park on a blockout date you can ugrade to a SP that day.

Whether you are going to an SP or AP, the upgrade is a new pass and as long as it is done prior to December 31, 2009, the validity will be for 15 months from the date of first use of your Play-4 pass.

Okay pardon me but this just stinks. I am a native Floridian. However I live 20 miles inside of Alabama. I had to do this due to work residency requirements. I can't keep my medical licensing with an out of state drivers license. In 2 weeks I am going to Disney with my Sister and Brother in law. They are both from Florida.

I really really don't get how Disney thinks its is good to only give dicounts to people with Florida IDs. Florida is huge state and anyone outside a 50 mile area is no more likely to visit than I am. Disney has once again ruined something good.I am going to have a nightmare at the ticket window trying to exchange 2 types of tickets for 2 types of APs. Thanks Disney.

I am going to have a nightmare at the ticket window trying to exchange 2 types of tickets for 2 types of APs.

Why?

It has taken us about 150 seconds to get 2 AP's from 2 vouchers at Guest Relations.

Split up into two groups (separate ticket or GR windows) if you think it will be a problem.

Each group takes its "own kind" of tickets.

Okay pardon me but this just stinks. I am a native Floridian. However I live 20 miles inside of Alabama. I had to do this due to work residency requirements. I can't keep my medical licensing with an out of state drivers license. In 2 weeks I am going to Disney with my Sister and Brother in law. They are both from Florida.

I really really don't get how Disney thinks its is good to only give dicounts to people with Florida IDs. Florida is huge state and anyone outside a 50 mile area is no more likely to visit than I am. Disney has once again ruined something good.I am going to have a nightmare at the ticket window trying to exchange 2 types of tickets for 2 types of APs. Thanks Disney.
Florida residents bear the burdens of infrastructure, traffic, etc. that residents of other states (including those "just over the border") don't. Disney's tax payments don't compensate completely for all the costs it creates for the state, none of which are borne by Alabama or other neighbors. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that deals for Florida residents were part of the initial permitting process for DW and continued permitting process for expansions/changes to DW.

Residents of other states, no matter how close, aren't eligible for FL AP passes or FL room rates; why should they be eligible for extensions of passes for FL residents?

Why aren't you mad at Alabama for its ridiculous licensing laws? Maybe they enacted them to stop FL residents from crossing the border to practice, taking business away from AL practitioners? So AL can protect its own citizens, but FL (and Disney, as a private entity) can't?

Please, lose the sense of entitlement. You'll be much happier in the long run.

I don't understand why Disney didn't extend this to everyone like they did on renewals. I think it's pretty safe to say that alot of people make extra trips when they have an AP, knowing that they don't have to pay for tickets again. I know I have and I live in PA. Not sure why they are limiting the new AP extensions to FL Residents only, you would think they would want more people to buy AP's.

I am also sad that it is not for everyone. We had annual passes that expired on June 29th of this year. When we bought them, we were told that we had to renew them by 30 days before the expiry. Now we are hearing that we also had 30 days after the expiry which would have been July 29th and then the new renewal offer came about Aug. 2nd. I e-mailed Disney about this and I have not heard a thing from them. I really hope they reconsider and open this up to everyone for new annual passes. :)

I don't understand why Disney didn't extend this to everyone like they did on renewals. I think it's pretty safe to say that alot of people make extra trips when they have an AP, knowing that they don't have to pay for tickets again. I know I have and I live in PA. Not sure why they are limiting the new AP extensions to FL Residents only, you would think they would want more people to buy AP's.

I'd kind of like to know why, too. I can wholeheartedly say we booked trips closer together last year than we normally would because of buying AP's. We're planning to do the same this year. We come down from IL about every 4 - 6 months and stay anywhere from 8 to 10 days each time. We're usually able to get 3 trips out of an AP by varying the dates here and there, but it sure would be nice to get 4. I'm not going to pout and say "Well that's it! I'm never buying AP's again." I'll keep on buying AP's, but maybe grumble just a little bit that I'm not eligible for the 15 month deal.

This may be a real dumb question, but we own a timeshare based in FL that we pay property tax on every year. Since we are a FL taxpayer, does that make us a resident?

Well, as a Florida resident, a annual passholder, and a DVC member...I am happy that Floridians are getting a little extra here... like that was posted above, we live here and pay taxes on the roads, etc that everyone visiting Disney utilizes... and personally I see no problem with say Busch Gardens (the one in Virgina) giving an honest break to the residents of Virginia,etc...

Also one last thing, we are Local to Disney (2 hours and 20 minutes for us) and go quite a bit more often to WDW on average than say those who say lives in Illinois, or Vermont, etc due to their distance from WDW... so we are "frequent cash cows" in a sense. :) Soooo Disney wants us to get the fields to Graze as often as we can as "Good MOO MOO Cows"...and trust me its sound for them financially.

That's a very bizarre licensure requirement. Are you 100% sure that that is the case?

Might want to check out if DLR gives all of CA special pricing on APs before complaining about FL not giving out of state residents special pricing....

This may be a real dumb question, but we own a timeshare based in FL that we pay property tax on every year. Since we are a FL taxpayer, does that make us a resident?

I don't know about other timeshares, but with DVC it's stated clearly that ownership does NOT grant residency.

I'm curious how many people may have purchased an annual pass (non-FL Resident) from the AAA website when AAA was advertising this was open to all AP purchases. Sounds like when these folks get to Disney they will be in for a very unhappy surprise. I would imagine that some went ahead and purchased the AP because of the "special promotion." What happens in that case? That is a huge screw up on AAA's fault. These passes are not cheap.

I wish I would have known about the AAA thing. I joined when I purchased my tickets and would have gone that route instead.

I guess I fall against the FL resident discount. There are very few, if any businesses, that give this discount. What if someone from outside of KY stopped and filled up at a gas station here, and the clerk said, "The posted price of 2.39 is only for residents, since you don't live here, your price is 2.99" The same with McDonalds, I don't see dollar menus for in staters and $2 menus for those out of state. I pay Fl tax on my room, when I eat, and when I fill the tank, so I am paying for my part of the infrastructure when I travel there.

I guess I fall against the FL resident discount.

CurlyNote2.gif

I don't have a problem with FL Residents getting it, I just think they should extend it to everyone. In these days when they are "giving away the store" (free dining, heavy room discounts), I don't understand why they stopped short on this one. It doesn't affect me personally because I will be renewing in October for the 15 months.

Now I see the correction of AAA South's web site. It had not been there. One would think that after over a week of having it up on their web site they would have seen they had non residents as well. Yesterday when I posted, AAA South was not coming up on my computer. Yes, I did say yesterday they were still stating non residents & as of the night before last, it was still showing non residents. That was what I based my post on. I thought it was just my computer not allowing the site to come up. Either way, there is a 15 month pass, except it seems it is just for FL Residents.. maybe AAA and Disney will open this to non residents.

Special Disney Promotion for Florida Residents
15 Months for the Price of 12!!
September 1 through December 31, 2009
Receive an extra 3 Months with purchase of Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual, Premium Annual

Purchase a NEW Florida Resident Seasonal, Florida Resident Annual or Florida Resident Premium Pass from September 1 through December 31 and upon redemption*, the pass will be valid for 15 months. *Passes must be redeemed between September 1 to January 14, 2010, to get the 3 extra months.

Passholders can Renew their Pass at the special renewal rate AND get three additional months -- that`s 15 months of Disney magic instead of 12. Renewals must also be redeemed within 30 days of expiration of the original pass or by August 31, 2010, which ever comes first, and will expire 15 months from the current anniversary date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter