Official Notice Concerning New Annual Passes

Can anyone please clarify this for me, a new FL resident? If I buy a FL resident annual pass from AAA, I get an additional discount over and above the FL resident discount????

Yes. It's nothing major but for us it's worth a trip around the corner to our local AAA office.

Wow, this could be enough to make us buy new season passes. Ours ran out in May and I was going to wait another year to get new ones (there are 5 of us so it gets pricey!) But, now I'm thinking of doing the marathon in January. This would be so worth it to have the extra months for 2011.

Yes. It's nothing major but for us it's worth a trip around the corner to our local AAA office.

The savings seem better than in years past, for an SP its 11.05 per adult and 10.05 for children. AP 16.05 for adults and 15.05 for children. PAP 20.05 for adults and children.

I'm drooling over these savings for Florida residents. I just went on the AAA site and couldn't find a way to get the deal (I'm in NY). I also have a call in to our local AAA office. Hope we non-residents can get a deal too!

I just went on the AAA site and couldn't find a way to get the deal (I'm in NY). I also have a call in to our local AAA office. Hope we non-residents can get a deal too!

Don't waste your time calling your local AAA office. The non-resident offer is available only through Auto Club South (which covers Florida, Georgia, Middle & West Tennessee, and Puerto Rico). If you are a member of that particular club, you can purchase the AP voucher online after logging into the Auto Club South web site. AAA members from other regions can only purchase this deal in person at an Auto Club South office.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

The 15 month new AP promotion requires that the person named on the pass must be a Florida Resident. (It is the renewal program that is for anyone.)

Except that Auto Club South is actively selling NEW 15-month AP and PAP vouchers to the general public (not just Florida residents) right now.

That may be an error on their part, but they are selling them!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Except that Auto Club South is actively selling NEW 15-month AP and PAP vouchers to the general public (not just Florida residents) right now.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you for the info. Is there a way that I can purchase online on the AAA south site? Can someone post a link? I am a AAA Plus 22-year member in NYS.
Thanks for the help!
Edit: I just read the prior post and see I have to purchase in person at the AAA south office. Shoot! We are flying in and using ME.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Goodness! This is all so strange. :confused:

The bad part is going to be when the guy from NY shows up with his AAA 15 month voucher and is asked to show his FL ID....what happens then???

It was not a rumor about AAA, but a fact that they were and are selling these tickets. As far as their website on Fl Resident Tkts, yes, they state rules on who can purchase a Fl Resident Tkt. However, they are still selling these 15 month passes to any member, resident or not, thru the AAA South offices. You do not need to be a resident thru AAA. If you are going to purchase from Disney, yes, you must be a resident. I have a sinking feeling, eventually Disney will meet the non-resident offer as well. Looks like the CM at Marketing & Research I spoke to on Saturday was right.. she did say to wait and see :goodvibes and that was what I tried to state all along... :thumbsup2 I am glad it turned out this way.. seems as long as you are a member of AAA you will get your 15 months.. or a Fl Resident...:goodvibes These are not rumors.. and AAA was never a rumor, just that some did not feel it was completely true since they had not rec'd a hard copy notice...

Wait, now I'm wondering if I can use it. It says you buy a voucher and exchange it at WDW, right? We are going next week for free dining and bought 1 day tickets. Our plan is to use those to upgrade to FL resident seasonal passes on our first morning at Epcot.

Will we qualify for the 15 months?

Wait, now I'm wondering if I can use it. It says you buy a voucher and exchange it at WDW, right? We are going next week for free dining and bought 1 day tickets. Our plan is to use those to upgrade to FL resident seasonal passes on our first morning at Epcot.

Will we qualify for the 15 months?

If you're a FL resident, yes.

I guess I will only get 12 months on my AP. I'm upgrading my 10-day park pass and I'm not a FL resident!

OK.....................Cheshire Figment, here are my questions:

If I go to my Atlanta area AAA office and purchase my very first (ever) annual pass from them, what will they hand me?

If it is something that has to be activated down at WDW, will it be good for 12 months or 15?

or.....is what they hand me already activated for 12 or 15 months?

Thanks for your patience.

EDIT 10 minutes later--I think I have the answer now. The AAAsouth site now uses specific FL language and does not state or imply non-resident eligibility for a new 15 month pass.

I guess I will only get 12 months on my AP. I'm upgrading my 10-day park pass and I'm not a FL resident!
Do you have to get a 10 day pass? If not, you can just purchase an AP from AAA South... then you would get your 3 months free :goodvibes

OK.....................Cheshire Figment, here are my questions:

If I go to my Atlanta area AAA office and purchase my very first (ever)season pass from them, what will they hand me?

If it is something that has to be activated down at WDW, will it be good for 12 months or 15?

or.....is what they hand me already activated for 12 or 15 months?

Thanks for your patience.

I know you did not ask me, but when you purchase the 15 month from AAA, it will be a 15 month from Disney, especially now since they are offering it in their system (15 month that is). I didn't know that Seasonal were for non residents thought, I thought they were for only Fl residents :confused:

I have been at out all day and just got home. Earlier the AAA site had the announcement, then it disappeared.

Now- it is back up but in a modified form. It only mentions FL res APs and renewals being 15 months long.

It appears as of 5:40 pm today the the language covering non-FL residents has been removed.

Yes, the site only references FL residents now. I think if you go to a georgia AAA office, they will give you a voucher to exchange at Disney & IF you are a FL resident it would be good for 15 mo if not, then 12 months. Wish Disney would just make it 15 months for everyone and be done with all this confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter