Official Notice Concerning New Annual Passes

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
Disney has published a notice today concerning new Annual Passes for Florida Residents Only. This is related to the rumor that had been going around for a few days about special deals for AAA Members.

Florida Residents purchasing Premium Annual Passes, Annual Passes or Florida Resident Seasonal Passes between September 1 and December 31, 2009 will automatically have a 15 month expiration date instead of the regular 12 month expiration.

The offer is only available to Florida Residents.

If a person purchases a voucher (exchange certificate) though AAA, Disney Store, or a Military Base, or make a purchase by phone or online and get a voucher or will-call, the transaction must be completed, and the actual Pass issued on or before January 14, 2010. This includes exchange certificates which may have already been purchased, as long as they are activated between September 1 and January 14, 2010. If the actual AP is issued no later than January 14 the new pass will be valid for 15 months; if activated January 15, 2010 or later, it will only be valid for 12 months.

The regular rules concerning upgrades of MYW passes to Florida Resident Annual Passes still apply, and as long as the upgrade is done within the timeframe above the new passes will be valid from date of first use of the MYW ticket upgraded from.

The offer specifically excludes the Epcot After 4 PM Annual Pass, Water Park Annual Passes, and Disney Quest Annual Passes.

The notice did not refer to DVC Member rates. However, as the Florida Resident Rates are lower across the board than the DVC Member rates, it would be advantageous for a Florida Resident DVC Member to take advantage of this offer.

And to summarize, it does not require purchase from AAA and is only available to Florida Residents.

Boo Hoo.............

and AAA South changed the page that was posted throughout the weekend.

Poof...................the whole AP blurb is gone.

I did not move far enough south from MI.

Settling in GA puts me on the wrong side of the FL state line.

woo hoo this solves a big problem for us! My stepchildren are arriving to Florida this next week and we are buying them shiny new AP's...we were unhappy that there would be 12 months for them and 15 for my wife & I renewing...but this will work out swell!!!

The Auto Club South web site is currently showing a 15-month offer for new Florida resident Seasonal, Annual and Premium Annual Passes (with the usual AAA discount)

AND

a 15-month offer for new NON-RESIDENT Annual and Premium Annual Passes (with the usual AAA discount).

Kind of interesting that the non-resident offer is not being matched at the WDW ticket windows.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

If someone just purchased new Fl Resident Annual Passes 2-1/2 weeks ago (good for 12 months), I wonder if there is any chance of calling and getting them to be valid for 15 months?

Edited 7:15 PM EDT-

Here's a copy of what USED to be on the AAASouth site earlier today-

Special Disney Promotion -- 15 Months for the Price of 12!!
September 1 through December 31, 2009
Receive an extra 3 Months with purchase of Seasonal, Annual, Premium Annual and Renewals

Purchase a NEW Florida Resident Seasonal, Florida Resident or Non-Resident Annual or Premium Pass from September 1 through December 31 and upon redemption*, the pass will be valid for 15 months. *Passes must be redeemed September 1 to January 14, 2010, to get the 3 extra months.

Passholders can Renew their Pass at the special renewal rate AND get three additional months -- that`s 15 months of Disney magic instead of 12. Renewals must also be redeemed within 30 days of expiration of the original pass or by August 31, 2010, which ever comes first, and will expire 15 months from the current anniversary date.

NOW they have EDITED OUT the reference to "Non-Resident" AP's (as of 5PM EDT, or so. )...

Purchase a NEW Florida Resident Seasonal, Florida Resident Annual or Florida Resident Premium Pass from September 1 through December 31 and upon redemption*, the pass will be valid for 15 months. *Passes must be redeemed September 1 to January 14, 2010, to get the 3 extra months.

Passholders can Renew their Pass at the special renewal rate AND get three additional months -- that`s 15 months of Disney magic instead of 12. Renewals must also be redeemed within 30 days of expiration of the original pass or by August 31, 2010, which ever comes first, and will expire 15 months from the current anniversary date.

Then what does this mean (in bold)?

Purchase a NEW Florida Resident Seasonal, Florida Resident or Non-Resident Annual or Premium Pass from September 1 through December 31 and upon redemption*, the pass will be valid for 15 months. *Passes must be redeemed September 1 to January 14, 2010, to get the 3 extra months.

AAA is clearly still stating on their website that it is not just for Florida Residents.

Not saying the deal is open to all, but on the AAA South website, they think it is.

That either is or isn't the most confusing thing ever ... still.

But I'm wondering if there's some definition of Florida Non-Resident that some of us are missing? (is the phrase really "Non-Resident" or is the phrase really "Florida Non-Resident")?

Like a person who lives in Florida but is not a resident of Florida (I know it sounds like I'm reaching here, but aren't there special rules for part-time / snowbird residents relative to proving residency?).

I recall Cheshire Figment referring to visitors who lived outside the state of Florida as "tourist" in terms of an AP post a few months ago, because a lot of people asked what was a "Tourist AP" and that was intended for someone who didn't live in Florida.

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into all the different interpretations and it just means what it says - "non-resident"! :goodvibes And if I've just muddied the waters further, I apologize!

If you go to the Auto Club South site and look at their full price list, it clearly lists the NON-RESIDENT (i.e., regular, available to the public, not for Florida residents) Annual and Seasonal Passes, with the AAA prices, and in red says they are good for 15 months.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

OMG! I am buying them then. If I'm reading and thinking correctly, this means two F & Ws and two Christmas trips.

Fantastic!

Woo hoo! I am so glad I waited to purchase my AP! Also, a BIG thanks to Cheshire Figment for letting us know of this great offer! I was going to purchase from AAA, but was anxiously awaiting to see if Disney would also offer this deal. Thanks to a previous thread, I was able to keep an eye out for this wonderful news. Once again, thanks for keeping us in the know! :woohoo:

webejoys

So if it is good for non-residents, do you buy them at Disney (and show your AAA card) or at AAA? Is the discount good for upgrading tickets to annual passes?

Can anyone please clarify this for me, a new FL resident? If I buy a FL resident annual pass from AAA, I get an additional discount over and above the FL resident discount????

Thanks for the post Cheshire, FL resident here. We are upgrading our 1 day tickets to 3 possibly 4 day passes next week, We will be back in December so we can upgrade to SP and get it for 15 months beginning first day used. Am I understanding this correctly?

That stinks for us. We just upgraded our tickets to new FL APs on August 9th and they are only good for 12 months. Not that it was a bad deal for us since we upgraded the 4/3 NE tickets. We did save a lot of money:goodvibes, but it would be nice to have that extra 3 months.

Thanks for the update Cheshire Figment, your the best. I also appreciate that your posts are very clear and easy to understand on such a controversal subject.

Now if you could just get them to extend that to non Fl residents.......:confused3

If someone just purchased new Fl Resident Annual Passes 2-1/2 weeks ago (good for 12 months), I wonder if there is any chance of calling and getting them to be valid for 15 months?
If you actually purchased a live pass the answer is no. The promotion's effective date is today. The reasoning is clear; let's say you bought a new AP 20 days ago -- If your pass is extended, what about a person who bought their pass 30 days ago, or 21, ad infinitum...

If you purchased a voucher/exchange certificate and have not yet activated it the answer is yes.

So if it is good for non-residents, do you buy them at Disney (and show your AAA card) or at AAA? Is the discount good for upgrading tickets to annual passes?

I second this question.....

To get the AAA discount you must purchase your exchange certificate at an AAA office. You may also bve able to purchase it at the AAA South Web Site.

We do not accept AAA Membership Cards to sell tickets at a discount at the parks.

The 15 month new AP promotion requires that the person named on the pass must be a Florida Resident. (It is the renewal program that is for anyone.)

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Florida Voter’s Registration Card with the Guest's name and address with corresponding photo ID
* Valid Florida University / College Student ID
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
o Clearwater Coast Guard Station
o Eglin AFB
o Hurlburt Field AFB
o Jacksonville Naval Air Station
o MacDill AFB
o Mayport Naval Air Station
o Miami Coast Guard Station
o Naval Support Activity - Panama City
o Patrick AFB
o Pensacola Naval Air Station
o Tyndall AFB
o Kennedy Space Center
o Homestead Air Reserve Base
o Key West Naval Air Station
o United States Southern Command (Miami)
o Naval Ordnance Test Unit in Orlando and Cape Canaveral
o Cape Canaveral Air Force Station

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter