"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Not going to buy our tickets yet but DDs and I just planned a quick trip for December. They (twins) will be 18 and it's their last year at home so we are ditching DH (who isn't a big Disney fan) and doing a quick all-girls trip. DDs and I did MVMCP for the first time ever last year and absolutely loved it. We aren't big character meet and greeters so it was all about the rides for us. I've never had so much fun with such short lines on rides in all my trips to Disney! And with just the three of us, we walked up to the parade, castle projection, and fireworks with little wait since we aren't short and don't have little ones to deal with.

The price increase is a little steep but not bothering me this year. We each have one day left on a never-expire pass that we bought in 2009 or 10. We will do one day at Magic Kingdom with a pre-park ADR on a day the park closes early for a party because the crowds will be lower and 9am - 7pm is plenty of time for us in the park. Then we'll head to the Poly or Contemporary for a late dinner and maybe catch the fireworks from outside the park. We'll take a day off to shop and tour the resorts then we'll end our trip with MVMCP on 12/15. Decided the current state of EPCOT and Hollywood Studios doesn't warrant a visit this time since we only have one "free" ticket left on our old passes.

After this trip, we'll take a break from Disney until Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land are fully built out. By then DDs will have been on their own for a few years and we'll do an adult kids trip.
We are also doing both of our MK days on party days due to crowds. One where we will be attending the party, and other leave at 7pm and head back to CR to watch EWP and Wishes. HS is a must for us because I have a 6 year old boy who has been begging to see the new STAR WARS stuff since his cousins returned from a Spring Break trip lol

The only way I will go is if my dd is working the party on a night that I'm there! She is doing the DCP, and in attractions, so it's possible she could work a party. Otherwise, there is no way I'm paying close to $100. I've gone to the party every year, except one year, since 2004. These prices are ridiculous. But, obviously people are willing to pay them...it's all about what works for your particular group. I'm just one person, and not willing to pay for just one ticket!!

So, we're going to wait this out. We bought our MVMCP tickets last year in September, and we'll wait until then to decide for this year.

Last year, we paid $310 for four of us. This year, it will be about $385, which is more than a 20% increase. Not the 10% increase I was hoping for!

@mamabahama I saw that you mentioned not going to EPCOT because of the current state and just wanted you to know that the construction is expected to be over shortly and attractions should be open this summer, well before our trips in Dec.

I, too, am waiting because I want to know what other "extras" might become available for our trip. For example, I've seen a rumor (I don't believe it's a credible rumor yet, but it's still out there) that there could be some sort of private party with a small set-up of Osborne lights at DHS during the Christmas season. There is also the possibility they'll add either EMM or DAH events during our trip. There are also dessert parties, like the one for the Star Wars fireworks, to consider. Anyway, plenty of ways to spend our money, so we'll just sit back and wait. There will be 5 MVMCP's during our time at wdw, I'm confident we can find tickets to one of those if we decide to go.

@mamabahama I saw that you mentioned not going to EPCOT because of the current state and just wanted you to know that the construction is expected to be over shortly and attractions should be open this summer, well before our trips in Dec.
I actually added a day strictly for Epcot. But am skipping AK this trip. I know, I know, all of the new night time stuff...but no time...

Well we bit the bullet and purchased the tickets this morning for 12/11. It was much higher that we were planning for, but this will likely be our only Christmas trip and the party falls on DH's birthday. Now I just need Candlelight info to iron out dining OOP vs. credits.

Holy crap! I remember tickets like $50 the first year we did a party! Does anyone know when the military ticket prices are published and those dates? We are thinking about going the 10th this year.

Wow - I feel like a newbie all over again. Myself, DW, DD(8) & DS(6) will be returning to the World after a 3 year hiatus in November. Back then the big moral dilemna was whether you should pull paper FP if you had FP+ with your MBs in the pilot program.

I feel like the tickets for MVMCP were MUCH cheaper 3 years ago. We certainly plan to attend though. The atmosphere is amazing and the access to rides/characters is unbeatable.

Anyway, I can't recall how/when I bought my tickets last time. Does anyone know if you have to pay for the tickets in full when you purchase them or can you add them to a MYW package and pay for them when your balance is due in full?

Okay, I know I'm on the fence about going to the party at all, but I do wish they offered a dessert party. It would be nice not to have to fight the crowds to see the parade and fireworks. We don't want to have to camp out on Main St. for 2 hours or whatever. We would rather be riding rides!

Okay, I know I'm on the fence about going to the party at all, but I do wish they offered a dessert party. It would be nice not to have to fight the crowds to see the parade and fireworks. We don't want to have to camp out on Main St. for 2 hours or whatever. We would rather be riding rides!

They are offering the dessert party during MNSSHP, so maybe they will for MVMCP too.

Wow - I feel like a newbie all over again. Myself, DW, DD(8) & DS(6) will be returning to the World after a 3 year hiatus in November. Back then the big moral dilemna was whether you should pull paper FP if you had FP+ with your MBs in the pilot program.

I feel like the tickets for MVMCP were MUCH cheaper 3 years ago. We certainly plan to attend though. The atmosphere is amazing and the access to rides/characters is unbeatable.

Anyway, I can't recall how/when I bought my tickets last time. Does anyone know if you have to pay for the tickets in full when you purchase them or can you add them to a MYW package and pay for them when your balance is due in full?

You have to pay for tickets in full when you purchase them, and they are non-refundable once purchased. :)

There are two typical of the disboards types... those who go frequently and those who go less frequently.

people who go frequently are more likely to say "it went up 20% and I've gone every year for the past 10 years, both MVMCP and MNSSHP, I'll skip this year."

people like myself who did one trip in 2014 and did the halloween party are going to pay whatever to go to the christmas party because what? I'm going to not do this thing with my 8 year old that he will never get to do again over $50 when I am already spending thousands on a trip? Makes no sense in the big picture scheme. I'm a dvc member but am down to once every 2-2.5 years at this point and my next trip 2 years from now may be a cruise... by then my kid will be 10 and if disney is in another 2 years he will be 12 and christmas won't be as magical as now. So NOW we are going first week of december and doing it all.

My guess is that Disney did the math and there are a lot more people like me than like the former, who they know will view this as a special very very occasional thing (I went once as an adult also, and that was during the period when we were going without kids 3-4 times a year... but I only ever did it once) and do it even at the higher cost.

At the moment the purchase of tickets started failing. I tried earlier but did not have my rewards number but now it will no longer allow me to assign people to tickets and stops at that page. In fact it's blank and stays that way even if I refresh it. I just love Disney's web programming, "bringing lousy web sites to year for almost 2 decades".

There are two typical of the disboards types... those who go frequently and those who go less frequently.

people who go frequently are more likely to say "it went up 20% and I've gone every year for the past 10 years, both MVMCP and MNSSHP, I'll skip this year."

people like myself who did one trip in 2014 and did the halloween party are going to pay whatever to go to the christmas party because what? I'm going to not do this thing with my 8 year old that he will never get to do again over $50 when I am already spending thousands on a trip? Makes no sense in the big picture scheme. I'm a dvc member but am down to once every 2-2.5 years at this point and my next trip 2 years from now may be a cruise... by then my kid will be 10 and if disney is in another 2 years he will be 12 and christmas won't be as magical as now. So NOW we are going first week of december and doing it all.

My guess is that Disney did the math and there are a lot more people like me than like the former, who they know will view this as a special very very occasional thing (I went once as an adult also, and that was during the period when we were going without kids 3-4 times a year... but I only ever did it once) and do it even at the higher cost.

I agree, it's just unfortunate that Disney continues to alienate their consumer base that visits every year or multiple times a year. I was also expecting a room-only discount for our travel dates, but that didn't come either. So, we're already paying more for a room than we were expecting, plus this MVMCP increase, plus every other increase and pay-for-feature they've added.

This is the first year we've even uttered the words....."maybe we won't go this year." The money's saved, it's set aside for this trip, but the fun factor has gone down on account of all these money grabs. It seems like this year the excitement has been deflated for many people across the board. We still have a good length of time until our trip, which will give us perspective and a chance to watch new attractions and experiences open. Just hoping the pep gets put back in our step for Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter