"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

If we go it will cost my family of five more that $500 the week before Christmas. We got free dining though, so I guess that's one of the places where they're making it up.

There are two typical of the disboards types... those who go frequently and those who go less frequently.

people who go frequently are more likely to say "it went up 20% and I've gone every year for the past 10 years, both MVMCP and MNSSHP, I'll skip this year."

people like myself who did one trip in 2014 and did the halloween party are going to pay whatever to go to the christmas party because what? I'm going to not do this thing with my 8 year old that he will never get to do again over $50 when I am already spending thousands on a trip? Makes no sense in the big picture scheme. I'm a dvc member but am down to once every 2-2.5 years at this point and my next trip 2 years from now may be a cruise... by then my kid will be 10 and if disney is in another 2 years he will be 12 and christmas won't be as magical as now. So NOW we are going first week of december and doing it all.

My guess is that Disney did the math and there are a lot more people like me than like the former, who they know will view this as a special very very occasional thing (I went once as an adult also, and that was during the period when we were going without kids 3-4 times a year... but I only ever did it once) and do it even at the higher cost.

Ditto. About every 4 years for us. We'll pay it if they will ever fix their web site to take my money.

Ditto. About every 4 years for us. We'll pay it if they will ever fix their web site to take my money.
haha that's too funny (but not).

I didn't try to purchase yet, I am sure I have plenty of time before it sells out for 12/8. I am waiting to buy my plane tickets first when SW opens up the dates on May 19th then when that is set, I will buy my nonrefundable tickets.

There are two typical of the disboards types... those who go frequently and those who go less frequently.

people who go frequently are more likely to say "it went up 20% and I've gone every year for the past 10 years, both MVMCP and MNSSHP, I'll skip this year."

people like myself who did one trip in 2014 and did the halloween party are going to pay whatever to go to the christmas party because what? I'm going to not do this thing with my 8 year old that he will never get to do again over $50 when I am already spending thousands on a trip? Makes no sense in the big picture scheme. I'm a dvc member but am down to once every 2-2.5 years at this point and my next trip 2 years from now may be a cruise... by then my kid will be 10 and if disney is in another 2 years he will be 12 and christmas won't be as magical as now. So NOW we are going first week of december and doing it all.

My guess is that Disney did the math and there are a lot more people like me than like the former, who they know will view this as a special very very occasional thing (I went once as an adult also, and that was during the period when we were going without kids 3-4 times a year... but I only ever did it once) and do it even at the higher cost.

Spot on! We did it last year for DD5's first trip. We went all out with MVMCP, Minnie's Holiday Dine (among other character meals), etc. We won't return until November 2017 and will stay deluxe and go to Universal instead of those pricey events. However, I will consider a dessert party if HS has someting going on :D

@Lisa F I couldn't agree more. We last went for our 20th anniversary, and will go again this year for our 25th anniversary - so MVMCP is a must for us, however if we went every year I would balk at the price. BTW I think we will be there similar dates to you - We will be at BWI from 12/3 til 12/9.

I am battling myself on tickets, the prices are crazy! Is it really worth it? I have a 6 and 4 yo My big fear is that they will be too tired to enjoy it after a day at the park even with naps & rest periods included :oops:

I am battling myself on tickets, the prices are crazy! Is it really worth it? I have a 6 and 4 yo My big fear is that they will be too tired to enjoy it after a day at the park even with naps & rest periods included :oops:

This is my next conundrum... my son will be almost 4. If we do the party, we may not do a park in the morning, and let him sleep in good that morning. He just started dropping his naps and can run full blast to 10 on the weekends, if I let him.

We slept in and rested until about 2pm on party day. DD5 went until 11:30 and then was done. If you can do something similar it would probably help.

@Lisa F I couldn't agree more. We last went for our 20th anniversary, and will go again this year for our 25th anniversary - so MVMCP is a must for us, however if we went every year I would balk at the price. BTW I think we will be there similar dates to you - We will be at BWI from 12/3 til 12/9.
We are leaving on the 10th but yes! We are at BWV from 12/3 - 7 and then from 12/7 to 12/10 at the poly villas... planning to do the party on the 8th. A little bummed that dvc rates end just before our party but not going to fuss over $6 :)

Here is a thread of a bunch of us going at the same time having some chit chat, come join in!

http://disboards.com/threads/1st-we...rk-hours-and-dealing-with-pop-warner.3505380/

We will be going for the first time November 27th! Only reason we're justifying it is because we never go during the holidays and only are this year because of work. The next time we go during the holidays- prices will probably be even higher anyway so might as well go now.

We booked a trip for the week after Thanksgiving specifically to go to the party. We loved the parade and fireworks a few years ago so it's all I've talked about since. Upset to see how much the prices were since everything is already more expensive this time around, but since this was the whole reason for the trip, I'll have to deal. Now I just have to decide which day to go!

My kids will be the same ages when we go and I'm worried about them being too tired. I will just have to make sure they are well rested that day. Easier said than done.

My kids will be the same ages when we go and I'm worried about them being too tired. I will just have to make sure they are well rested that day. Easier said than done.

Definitely easier said than done! My kids go to bed at 8 in the evenings I already feel like I'm gonna be pushing it but I also want them to get a super dose of disney christmas

If we do choose to do this I assume the photographers for the memory maker will be there?

yes there will be photographers available and you will also get special magic shots that are available only at the party.

I got my tickets for November 8th! I did the math and it would only be 20 bucks cheaper to do a one day ticket to the other parks and one party ticket for an MK day. Fortunately my sister had gotten us some fundraiser tickets really cheap so we ended up saving over 100 bucks and the party is still worthwhile cost wise since we can't upgrade the fundraiser tickets. I am going to have rethink for next year though at these prices....

I'm really struggling. Honestly because of our exchange rate (I'm in Canada) this is going to cost us almost $400 Canadian to do the Christmas party. I struggle because we've already spent so much money on the trip (we didn't take free dining, opting for room discount instead) but then again, I feel like we may not ever visit Disney again (or at least, not for a long time). I am self employed and so far it hasn't been a very good year for me. I won't lie, money is tight in our house. But then again I think what's an extra $400 for something that my daughter will love and if this may be a once in a lifetime trip for us (or maybe, once in a good long while trip) at the end of the day does it matter?

If we go it will cost my family of five more that $500 the week before Christmas. We got free dining though, so I guess that's one of the places where they're making it up.
I don't think this is to make up for free dining. The majority of people going during the MVMCP dates probably didn't receive/or opt for the dining promo
I would say either take the entire day off of parks before the party, or just do them early and have a 4-5 hour break in between, including a nap (easier said than done for the nap, I know). I think for those ages it is definitely worth it!!
yes there will be photographers available and you will also get special magic shots that are available only at the party.

I got my tickets for November 8th! I did the math and it would only be 20 bucks cheaper to do a one day ticket to the other parks and one party ticket for an MK day. Fortunately my sister had gotten us some fundraiser tickets really cheap so we ended up saving over 100 bucks and the party is still worthwhile cost wise since we can't upgrade the fundraiser tickets. I am going to have rethink for next year though at these prices....
Ok I had no clue that there were special magic shots during the Christmas party!! Thanks for upping my excitement level!!

haha that's too funny (but not).

I didn't try to purchase yet, I am sure I have plenty of time before it sells out for 12/8. I am waiting to buy my plane tickets first when SW opens up the dates on May 19th then when that is set, I will buy my nonrefundable tickets.

Omg, thank u! It originally was 6/2, they must have pushed it up. I was (am) so annoyed that I havent been able to book

Omg, thank u! It originally was 6/2, they must have pushed it up. I was (am) so annoyed that I havent been able to book
I haven't been paying attention either but someone on another thread told me. how annoying!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I could help, I would have been majorly ticked too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter