"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Love watching everyone talking about their time at the party - makes me antsy to get back!

If anyone that is going to the party doesn't want the Goofy Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card they are giving away would someone be willing to pick one up for me I can arrange sending you what's needed for postage! TIA

I was also at the party last night. we entered just before 4pm and they had special turnstiles for party guests. Once you scanned your tickets there were CMs giving our wristbands, but the area was roped off. So I'm not sure how anyone would have got one without a ticket. We focused mostly on rides (mostly walk on, no waits!) and shows, no character meets. Those lines were soooo long. We walked by Jack's line a few times and couldn't believe he wasn't out before 7pm! Felt really bad for the folks waiting. Overall we had a blast, but it was more crowded than I was expecting. Saw the second parade and by 10:30 there were pretty much no seats left. But Wishes was amazing and we loved the castle lighting!

Treats report- the Almond tree cookie they give you when you walk in was a favorite of my family and strangers I met lol. It was soft and chewy. I don't love Almond flavor but it was still yummy. Gingerbread molasses cookies and hot apple Cider I'm Liberty Square were delicious! Big, soft, and chewy and the apple Cider was very good. (I honestly was expecting warm apple juice so pleasantly surprised.) We skipped on the blue snow cone to keep sugar consumption down haha and it's just too messy. Sugar cookies were not worth it - straight out of a package. Hot cocoa and peppermint bark cookies in Tomorrowland were my absolute favorite. Like chewy sugar cookies with piece of peppermint. I was so cookied out by that point though. Never tried the snickerdoodle.

For these treats/ cookies- does any one bring ziplocks and take them with you? We went to MNSSHP this year and I would like to go to a Christmas party in the next few years... however my boyfriend sees more "value" in the MNSSHP because of all of the candy from TOT that you get to take out of the park with you...

I don't see why you couldn't bring a ziplock if you wanted to. The lines were long for the cookies, and some lines went faster than others. We ended up with some uneaten sugar cookies and peppermint bark cookies.

Hi everyone. I am taking a solo mommy stress free trip next weekend. I haven't purchased a ticket yet and I am tossing up the Friday night Christmas party and the magic kingdom day on Saturday. What are the perks to the party? What would you recommend a mom who needs a break to do? I'm not super interested in rides and characters (well maybe 7 dwarves if it's not crazy long), just taking in the magic and atmosphere either day. Suggestions?

Side note, I've done the Halloween party a couple of years ago with my daughter and we got bags and to trick or treat, is there a special thing you grt for attending the party?

Personally, I would do whichever is cheaper for you. The party would give you things you won't see on a regular day...Christmas parade, Christmas Wishes, snowing on Main St, special Christmas shows at the castle and in other areas of the park. The only thing you get like the trick or treat is free cookies, hot cocoa, hot cider, and this year snow cones. And there are fewer people, so riding 7DMT is more of a possibility than on Saturday.

I anticipate that party will sell out at some point since it is the last one until after Thanksgiving week is over, so if you want to do it, you need to go ahead and purchase a ticket. You could let that make the decision for you. If there are still tickets when you get there, do the party. If not, do Saturday.

I was also at the party last night. we entered just before 4pm and they had special turnstiles for party guests. Once you scanned your tickets there were CMs giving our wristbands, but the area was roped off. So I'm not sure how anyone would have got one without a ticket. We focused mostly on rides (mostly walk on, no waits!) and shows, no character meets. Those lines were soooo long. We walked by Jack's line a few times and couldn't believe he wasn't out before 7pm! Felt really bad for the folks waiting. Overall we had a blast, but it was more crowded than I was expecting. Saw the second parade and by 10:30 there were pretty much no seats left. But Wishes was amazing and we loved the castle lighting!
How was the line for 7DMT? Were you able to ride that?

If anyone can stop by talking Mickey and see if he's decked out in Christmas attire I'd appreciate it <3
Mousesteps tweeted a video of a meet with talking Mickey in his Christmas attire earlier this week. Not sure if the link is allowed but the video title on YouTube is "Talking Mickey Mouse at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 in Holiday Outfit - Magic Trick".

For these treats/ cookies- does any one bring ziplocks and take them with you? We went to MNSSHP this year and I would like to go to a Christmas party in the next few years... however my boyfriend sees more "value" in the MNSSHP because of all of the candy from TOT that you get to take out of the park with you...

I agree with him in terms of "value" but the feeling you get of Christmas time is so worth it...the parade, snow, characters...it's all an amazing experience.

Personally, I would do whichever is cheaper for you. The party would give you things you won't see on a regular day...Christmas parade, Christmas Wishes, snowing on Main St, special Christmas shows at the castle and in other areas of the park. The only thing you get like the trick or treat is free cookies, hot cocoa, hot cider, and this year snow cones. And there are fewer people, so riding 7DMT is more of a possibility than on Saturday.

I anticipate that party will sell out at some point since it is the last one until after Thanksgiving week is over, so if you want to do it, you need to go ahead and purchase a ticket. You could let that make the decision for you. If there are still tickets when you get there, do the party. If not, do Saturday.
MVMCP is cheaper than a 1 day ticket, if that's what you're balancing.

I'm doing both.

Can anyone confirm where Jack is meeting for this party? I've read two different locations, and want to make sure we head to the right place come time to line up. :) And I'm assuming we should be lining up around 4:30-5:00?

Sandy Claws is meeting in the Liberty Square gazebo (right after you cross the bridge from the hub on the left). Last night's party he came out at 7. :guilty:

This will be the first time our family has ever done a party. I have been reading everyone's experiences and was wondering if things may change as the parties go on. We don't go until Dec. 18 and I am getting concerned about the character meet and greets. Does anyone think they will change them and some start coming out early like in years past, especially Jack Skellington and the 7 Dwarves? I am just get so excited, and nervous, all at the same time!!

I am confused. I read that Cosmic Ray's is open for dining during the party but the dance party is in there. Are they really serving food and if yes, how insane is it to eat there? And how much time do you spend at the dance party?

Last edited:
If you attended the party this week, could you tell me how long the waits for the rides were? the most you had to wait, and the ones that were walk-ons. I kept monitoring the app and all the ride times were crazy long. TIA!

If you attended the party this week, could you tell me how long the waits for the rides were? the most you had to wait, and the ones that were walk-ons. I kept monitoring the app and all the ride times were crazy long. TIA!

Last night when i looked, most rides were low waits (10 mins) apart from Peter Pan and Mine Train which i saw at 30 mins.

I did this!! I went around and collected and just put them in a ziploc. Some stops were more willing to give extra than others. But you can always get back in line and get more!

We waited 15 minutes for Peter Pan on Monday around 11pm. We rode Pooh, teacups, dumbo, barnstormer all as walk one between 11-midnight. Mine train's sign said usually 20-30 minutes in the last hour.

ETA: PP sign said 25 minutes though when we got in line

More questions from a person hesitant to buy the tickets....

The biggest thing keeping me from buying a ticket is fear that it will feel like over amusement and be chaotic instead of festive and a good time. I think I really just want to see the snow and be around less crowds. Is it really less crowded though? Is it possible to easily walk down the sidewalk area of main street to get around while the parade is going on? Will I get on peter pan faster with a fast pass on a a normal day ? (just saw this question answered after I posted but am still interested to hear others experience) Does anybody have a picture of the almond and ginger cookies?

Sandy Claws is meeting in the Liberty Square gazebo (right after you cross the bridge from the hub on the left). Last night's party he came out at 7. :guilty:

Okay thanks! Ugh.. I hope that's not the case for our party in December.. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter