**Official March 2017 Thread**

For park hoppers, do you all typically book your Fast Passes for afternoon parks or morning parks?

Hi all! We're going March 10-18, just me and my two teens. My husband is traveling to Jordan to visit his family so he can't get off work :(. Made our FPs and Dining getting everything we wanted so excited! We typically go in June or end of July...are the crowds more in the summer than early mid March? Also I'm used to summer park hours being so late but currently everything is closing at 9! Is that typical or will most park hours be extended? I can't imagine leaving the parks so early lol.

We have APs and i was able to book fastpasses for march 10-17 but when I try to book the 18th our check out day it says we have maxed out our fp. Anyone else have this issue?
We are staying on site at ASSports for the first time (we've done POP our last 5 trips), are there tour groups at this time?

I hope time flies, what else planning can I do? I thrive on planning to get me thru the winter haha!

Hi all! We're going March 10-18, just me and my two teens. My husband is traveling to Jordan to visit his family so he can't get off work :(. Made our FPs and Dining getting everything we wanted so excited! We typically go in June or end of July...are the crowds more in the summer than early mid March? Also I'm used to summer park hours being so late but currently everything is closing at 9! Is that typical or will most park hours be extended? I can't imagine leaving the parks so early lol.

We have APs and i was able to book fastpasses for march 10-17 but when I try to book the 18th our check out day it says we have maxed out our fp. Anyone else have this issue?
We are staying on site at ASSports for the first time (we've done POP our last 5 trips), are there tour groups at this time?

I hope time flies, what else planning can I do? I thrive on planning to get me thru the winter haha!
Without an onsite reservation, APs are limited to 7 days of FP during a rolling 30 day period. HOWEVER, if you have an onsite stay, that should trump the AP rule. As an AP who has never stayed longer than 7 days, however, I have no personal experience with this. Hopefully someone else can confirm?

And expect park hours to change for sure!

We have APs. Yes, with an on site reservation, you book all of your FP at 60 days for the length of your stay. Our longest on site stay is 10 days and we were able to book all 10.

Without an on site reservation, you book them one day at at time as each day reaches 30 days. And you're limited to 7 days worth. So once you use Day 1, you can book FP for Day 8. Use Day 2 and you can make FP for Day 9, etc.

Thanks both! I guess I'll call, we're on site but it's still saying my last day which is day 9 I'm maxed out...we have 8 days of fp right now. Seems the site is a big glitch for a long time now...I've never seen so much of stitch these days haha. I wish they'd add the payment option back to the reservation screen.

Does disney typically extend hours the month prior or before that?

Yeah, I'd call. It should give you length of stay, which would include your check out day. No idea about extending the hours. I guess they could. I'm hoping they don't. If you see them extend the hours, that means they're expecting bigger crowds. I'd rather see the Magic Kingdom close at 9pm instead of 11pm and have fewer people in the park!

Well today was Fastpass+ day for me. It went really well:

One wrinkle - my stay is 3/13-3/17. I could not book FP online for 3/17, but I called and the CM gave me what I wanted!

I booked everything based on the fact that I will be on a scooter, DW is Pooh-sized but will not use a scooter, and thus subject to fatigue, and DS has Aspergers so we can't go full bore with him anyways.

For those that care:

MONDAY 3/13
Arrive from Port Canaveral (coming off a 3 day cruise) late that morning at FW. Grab a bus to Disney Springs to have lunch (T-Rex, at request of DS) and kill a little time until our cabin is ready. Head back, get our golf cart, go to our cabin, and chill for awhile. We will need to do laundry from our Cruise (packing 4 days of clothes and washing at WDW to save suitcase space/weight) and we have Hoop De Doo reservations at 8:30, but other than that, it's a non-park chill day.

TUESDAY 3/14 - Hollywood Studios
Wake up EARLY with DS and get the bus out before park opening to sign him up for an afternoon JTA when the park opens. If we get it done fast enough, sneak a TSM ride in before DW and DD get to the park at 10-ish.

TSM FP btw 10-11
Star Tours FP btw 11-12
Sci Fi Lunch - 12:15

Leisurely walk to the other side of the park

ToT FP 1:50-2:50
RNRC Single Rider afterwards
Leisurely walk back
DS late afternoon (hopefully) JTA

From there, try to wing a 4th FP after our 4:55 Fantasmic dinner ressie at Hollywood & Vine. Fantasmic is scheduled for 8:30 that night, so I'm HOPING they do the Star Wars fireworks early enough before that so I can do both, but I'm not holding my breath.

WED 3/15 - Epcot
Garden Grill Breakfast ressie 8:25
Soarin Right after because it's right next door, no FP.
Disney Short Film Festival (FP) 11:10 - 12:10 (I'm aware I probably don't need a FP for that one, but the 2nd tier stuff didn't have a lot we were interested in definitely riding)
Test Track (FP) 12:15 - 1:15
Le Cellier Lunch Ressie 1:10 PM (plan on being at Test Track right when the FP starts)
Afternoon looking around World Showcase at a leisurely pace.
Character Spot (FP) 5-6 PM on our way out the park.
Bus to Disney Springs for Raglan Road ressie at 7:15 PM.

(Part Two later)

I just found out this was here! I will be taking my second trip March 18-24 with my husband's family and my sister. We have his parents, his brother and our 5yo nephew, my 19yo sister, and us and our 1.5 yo! We will be staying in AoA in the Lion King area and my in-laws will be staying in the LM area. I am a teacher and the only reason I was excited to come back from Christmas break was to be closer to our Disney date!

Part two:

THURS 3/16 - MK
8:30 ressie at CRT for Breakfast
SDMT 10:10 - 11:10 (FP)
Peter Pan 11:10 - 12:10 (FP) (Will try to sneak in a low level Fantasyland attraction between the two...hoping Philharmagic has a short enough run time)
Meander over to Frontierland area - use snack credits for light lunch.
Big Thunder 1:00 - 2:00 PM (FP)
From there, mix in shows and last minute 4th FPs in that side of the park until our early 4:15 dinner ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern. If I can snag a later FP for Tomorrowland Speedway, bonus (my son REALLY wants to ride that but...read below)
Go by Main Street, see what the line is for meeting Tinkerbell, then head towards Tomorrowland/back of Fantasyland. Do stuff there until 7:45 Dessert Party reservation for the fireworks/projection show)
Head back to the hotel tired but happy.

FRI 3/17 - AK
Check out of hotel early, ask concierge to hold bags for later. We fly home from ORL at 7:45 PM, so we have time for one more park. Bus over to Animal Kingdom by 10.
Everest FP 10-11
Dinosaur FP 11:20-12:20
Kilimanjaro Safari FP 12:25 - 1:25
Lunch OOP ressie for Rainforest Café on our way out of the park.
Back to FW to get our bags and wait for the Tragical Express (approx. 4:30 or so based on estimates. :)

Whew! Lot of planning, but I think it will be worth it. Comments and critiques welcome. ;)

DH and I will be making a verrry short trip to the World 5/5-5/8. We were comped a 1 day Park Hopper after losing a day to Hurricane Matthew and it's burning a hole in my pocket! We'll visit DH's nearby family on the 5th, resort hop/DS on the 6th, and hit DHS then EP for Flower&Garden on the 7th. It's strange and unnerving not to be crazy planning, but hopefully it will be a relaxing trip.

Wow, everyone, I'm amazed with how early some of you started your planning (and jealous ;). We just found out at Christmas, as a gift from grandparents (really for my kids but I'm super excited to be going, too) that we'll be heading to WDW for March 6-10. So my planning has just begun and I'm pretty overwhelmed with all the organizing and scheduling there is to do. No one else really has the time to look into everything so I've taken it on and was happy to find this March thread. Looking forward to reading through what all of you have planned!

Wow, everyone, I'm amazed with how early some of you started your planning (and jealous ;). We just found out at Christmas, as a gift from grandparents (really for my kids but I'm super excited to be going, too) that we'll be heading to WDW for March 6-10. So my planning has just begun and I'm pretty overwhelmed with all the organizing and scheduling there is to do.

But it sure must be nice to have someone else paying for your trip! That could be even better than starting your planning early.

Fast pass day tomorrow morning!! Wish me luck! :)
Good luck, Araminta18!

Yes, DaisyDuck001, I can't complain. We're very fortunate to have this opportunity to be going.

Do FPs get used up super quickly? Which rides fill up the fastest?

Magic Kingdom -- Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Peter Pan fill up the quickest

Epcot - Frozen Ever After is usually long gone once you reach 30 days out from your trip

I'll be travelling solo, but I enjoy meeting up with others from DisBoards for a meal or WDW activity.

Would anyone like to meet for the Yehaa Bob show on March 1? (I might also go again on March 2, 3, or 4). Probably arriving there on March 1 by 9:30 PM, if not before.

Or the campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness on evening of March 9?

And, would anyone like to meet at Jellyrolls on evening of March 10?

Also throughout my March 1-11 trip, there are still meals where I'm not yet meeting anyone, so if anyone might like to join one of my dining reservations, please let me know what day(s) could work, and I can send you my plans for that day. Feel free to send me a message.

I probably won't be able to check the website or these messages during the trip, but I'd be glad to plan ahead. I've met many Dis'ers on past trips, and have enjoyed making new friends.

I will also be traveling solo staying POFQ 3/1-3/6. Would love to meet any fellow dis-boarders

Do FPs get used up super quickly? Which rides fill up the fastest?
The most popular ones do: Toy Story Mania, Soaring, Frozen, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, etc.

I will also be traveling solo staying POFQ 3/1-3/6. Would love to meet any fellow dis-boarders
I'm planning on a late dinner at Boatwright's on March 1. Also planning on watching the music show in the lounge at POFQ on March 5. Would you like to meet for either of those?

The most popular ones do: Toy Story Mania, Soaring, Frozen, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, etc.

I'm planning on a late dinner at Boatwright's on March 1. Also planning on watching the music show in the lounge at POFQ on March 5. Would you like to meet for either of those?

May be able to join you at music show on 3/5

Epcot - Frozen Ever After is usually long gone once you reach 30 days out from your trip

Got a Frozen FP for 2:15! Most of the Frozen fastpasses started at 3:30, though I found the 2:15 one as I was going back and checking for earlier times. So if the first four and a half hours are all gone at 61 days out, I'd imagine they'd definitely be gone by 30 days.

I even got 2 fastpasses for 7DMT! I'm super excited. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter